Ryan Williams injured??

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Patsfan
Role Player
Role Player

Ryan Williams injured??

Postby Patsfan » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:11 pm

I just read that Ryan Williams got injured in tonight's game and it didn't look good. Looks like a knee. Figures, I work trades to be able to draft Williams and Leshoure and they both go down. The football gods just won't let me have a decent RB!!!
12 team Dynasty H2H League (0.5 PPR)
Positions: QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R/T, W/R/T, W/R, K, DEF, D, D, D, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR, IR, IR
Pass: 1pt/25yds and 4pts/TD
Rush/Rec: 1pt/10yds and 6pts/TD
Team:
QB: Mahomes
RB: D. Harris/AJ Dillon/Javonte Williams
WR: Julio Jones/Cooks/Landry/D. Adams/M.Williams/C. Sutton/DK. Metcalf/Jeudy/Jefferson
TE: Hockenson/D. Goedert/Trautman
K: TBD
DEF: PIT/NE
IDP: J. Schobert/D. White/TBD
Picks: 2.04,3.04

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Ryan Williams injured??

Postby bigcsr67 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:18 pm

That sucks for you.... An owner in my league drafted LeShoure and Baldwin, not as bad as the combo you got, but it is always brutal to see your top draft picks go down. Sorry brother.

Patsfan
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Patsfan » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:36 pm

bigcsr67 wrote:That sucks for you.... An owner in my league drafted LeShoure and Baldwin, not as bad as the combo you got, but it is always brutal to see your top draft picks go down. Sorry brother.
Thanks. I also drafted Vereen!! I am cursed at the RB position. On the positive side, I have had great luck at the WR position drafting Nicks, Tampa Mike and Dez over the previous two years and picked up Julio, AJ Green and Little this year. (Yes, I made a lot of deals to secure 4 of the top 6 picks in our rookie draft and got Little in the 2nd round.)
Positions: QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R/T, W/R/T, W/R, K, DEF, D, D, D, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR, IR, IR
Team:
WR: Julio Jones/Cooks/Landry/D. Adams/M.Williams/C. Sutton/DK. Metcalf/Jeudy/Jefferson

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:47 pm

^^ at least you have beanie wells. He'll move up in the rankings.

GridIronFavre
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby GridIronFavre » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:29 pm

From Rotoworld:

Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt revealed after Friday night's preseason game that Ryan Williams "probably" has a torn patellar tendon.

Aug 19, 11:28 PM
Start: 2 QB, 3 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE (All TDs=6, 1 per 10 rush/rec, 1 per 25 pass, NO PPR) 8 teams
QB: Rodgers, Vick, Cutler, Schaub, Luck
RB: Rice, CJ, McFadden, Richardson, Stewart, Ingram, Spiller, Vereen
WR: Green, Marshall, Roddy, Jennings, Roddy, Bowe, Maclin, Britt, A Brown, Williams (TB), Collie, Smith (STL)
TE: Graham, Finley, F Davis, Cook
Taxi Squad: Tebow, Crabtree, Jeffrey, Hill, Gordon

Patsfan
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Patsfan » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:32 pm

GridIronFavre wrote:From Rotoworld:

Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt revealed after Friday night's preseason game that Ryan Williams "probably" has a torn patellar tendon.

Is that a season ender?
Team:

GridIronFavre
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby GridIronFavre » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:33 pm

Patsfan wrote:

Is that a season ender?
Analysis just added by Rotoworld:

It's a season-ending and potentially career-threatening injury depending on Williams' recovery process. The good news is that Williams is still just 21 years old, and the injury is occurring now as opposed to November. He'll have a better chance to be healthy by the start of 2012 training camp. The bad news is that Williams will need major knee surgery and his rookie season in the NFL will be a washout. Beanie Wells will dominate carries in Arizona this year.
Start: 2 QB, 3 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE (All TDs=6, 1 per 10 rush/rec, 1 per 25 pass, NO PPR) 8 teams
QB: Rodgers, Vick, Cutler, Schaub, Luck
RB: Rice, CJ, McFadden, Richardson, Stewart, Ingram, Spiller, Vereen
WR: Green, Marshall, Roddy, Jennings, Roddy, Bowe, Maclin, Britt, A Brown, Williams (TB), Collie, Smith (STL)
TE: Graham, Finley, F Davis, Cook
Taxi Squad: Tebow, Crabtree, Jeffrey, Hill, Gordon

Patsfan
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Patsfan » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:42 pm

GridIronFavre wrote:
Patsfan wrote:

Is that a season ender?

It's a season-ending and potentially career-threatening injury depending on Williams' recovery process. The good news is that Williams is still just 21 years old, and the injury is occurring now as opposed to November. He'll have a better chance to be healthy by the start of 2012 training camp. The bad news is that Williams will need major knee surgery and his rookie season in the NFL will be a washout. Beanie Wells will dominate carries in Arizona this year.
Ughhhh!!! First Leshoure, now Williams. Vereen is gimpy and in question and even Shonn Greene has a foot infection. Word should go out to the football fantasy community whenever I pick a RB; he is bound to get seriously injured or not produce. Just once I would like to luck out with a Jamaal Charles like player!!!
Team:

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:09 am

Patsfan wrote:
GridIronFavre wrote:
Patsfan wrote: Is that a season ender?

Ughhhh!!! First Leshoure, now Williams. Vereen is gimpy and in question and even Shonn Greene has a foot infection. Word should go out to the football fantasy community whenever I pick a RB; he is bound to get seriously injured or not produce. Just once I would like to luck out with a Jamaal Charles like player!!!
You might already have that player on your roster. And his name is Vereen. How much did Charles do his 1st year in the league? He was a 4th stringer & almost got traded to the Redskins. Vereen's hamtring injury could bury him on the depth chart for now, but that's nothing like what happened to Leshore or RyanW. If you want the Jamaal Charles type of player, you just have to find him early, and sit on him for a while.