More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

Postby nathanq42 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:54 am

Lotto4Life wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:35 am LSU was going to win regardless, but that was an awful call.

The LSU running back was very impressive. I shutter to think what LSU would have done in the semifinals if he had been healthy.
Edwards Helaire looks legit to me too. Dude can do just about anything you want on a football field. He should be a contributor in the NFL
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:34 am

bjd5211 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:59 am If they play 10 times it goes 5/5 or 6/4
LSU wins 8 out of 10 times.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:38 am

I had no dog in the fight but I don't understand why people say it was an awful call.

Higgins grabbed the jersey at the dude's shoulder, and fully extended/pulled it to toss the defender out of the way. The defender did reach back and grab Higgins jersey at his chest afterwards but that was completely reactionary to him getting tossed out of the way by the obvious Higgins OPI. Absolute best case scenario for Clemson is you call offsetting penalties based on the LSU DB's reaction, but that still wouldn't really have changed things as Lawrence fumbled on the next play anyway.

If a DB grabs a WRs jersey and tugs on it obviously enough to fully extend it away from the WR's body it is called PI every single time. Why would it not be when the WR does the same thing to the DB?
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:47 am

i only saw it a couple of times, but i agree with Vcize, he seems he grabbed the defender's shoulder pad. the defender sold it well, which is happening more and more in the NFL too (on both sides). national flag soccer league in about 5 years, we should think about finding a new hobby (or hope the XFL is all the rage).

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:09 am

Tee Higgins impressed me. His route tree initially scares me, but I think he can build on it at the next level. He gives off a Harry vibe as he doesn't separate and likes to compete for those 50/50 balls. I'll be interested to see how his combine numbers help/hurt him.
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

ravn88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ravn88 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:54 am

Vcize wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:38 am I had no dog in the fight but I don't understand why people say it was an awful call.

Higgins grabbed the jersey at the dude's shoulder, and fully extended/pulled it to toss the defender out of the way. The defender did reach back and grab Higgins jersey at his chest afterwards but that was completely reactionary to him getting tossed out of the way by the obvious Higgins OPI. Absolute best case scenario for Clemson is you call offsetting penalties based on the LSU DB's reaction, but that still wouldn't really have changed things as Lawrence fumbled on the next play anyway.

If a DB grabs a WRs jersey and tugs on it obviously enough to fully extend it away from the WR's body it is called PI every single time. Why would it not be when the WR does the same thing to the DB?
I went back and saw it again, and I have to say i don't agree.

If the LSU player dosent slip and fall that infight was not gonna tricker a flag.
If you see it again, the flag comes after the DB trips.

The DB tryes to turn 360 while running and trips over himself not because the was a small grap.
Unless there is a Zero contract rule i dont know about in college football for a WR/DB jump Ball (50/50 ball)
Then It should not have been a flag. IMO.

On Another note, im very Happy i got 3 2021 1sts in one league (all projected to be low) after I saw Chase..

WAAAAU he can play
Team 1 : 1QB 2RB 3 WR 1TE 1Flex 1K 1TM 2 IR 12 Keepers

QB: Carson Wentz, P. Mahomes
RB: A. Jones, MGIII, Dobbins, L. Bell, Ingram, J Williams & Gaskin
WR: D. Hopkins, J. Jones, K. Allen, J Crowder, Humpries & Agolor
TE: E. Engram, Trey Burton, V Davis & J. Doyle

Team 2: 1QB 1 SF 3RB 5WR 2TE 2FLEX DEF 26 Keepers 2019 Champ :thumbup: 2020 third place

QB: J. Allen Wentz Watson D. Lock.
RB: Barkley Zeke CEH J. Robinson D. Freeman Penny
WR: M. Thomas Cooper Godwin Juju J. Washington Renfrow, Jeudy, R. Moore TreQuan, P. Williams
TE: Waller Engram OJH & Everett
DEF: Pats & Browns

Team 3: 1QB 1SF 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX DEF K

QB: Wilson Wentz Tannehill Brees Haskins Foles
RB: CMC Zeke Miles CEH AP J. Jackson B. Scott
WR: Evans Adams Landry Metcalf E. Sanders Lazard
TE: Engram Hurts Ebron Herndon

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:15 pm

lol at Clemson people upset with officiating

ravn88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ravn88 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:27 pm

Lord_Varys wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:15 pm lol at Clemson people upset with officiating
Clemson Uni is 4.475 miles Away from where I am.
Ive never seen one full game with them.

I still think it was a papir thin call
Team 1 : 1QB 2RB 3 WR 1TE 1Flex 1K 1TM 2 IR 12 Keepers

QB: Carson Wentz, P. Mahomes
RB: A. Jones, MGIII, Dobbins, L. Bell, Ingram, J Williams & Gaskin
WR: D. Hopkins, J. Jones, K. Allen, J Crowder, Humpries & Agolor
TE: E. Engram, Trey Burton, V Davis & J. Doyle

Team 2: 1QB 1 SF 3RB 5WR 2TE 2FLEX DEF 26 Keepers 2019 Champ :thumbup: 2020 third place

QB: J. Allen Wentz Watson D. Lock.
RB: Barkley Zeke CEH J. Robinson D. Freeman Penny
WR: M. Thomas Cooper Godwin Juju J. Washington Renfrow, Jeudy, R. Moore TreQuan, P. Williams
TE: Waller Engram OJH & Everett
DEF: Pats & Browns

Team 3: 1QB 1SF 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX DEF K

QB: Wilson Wentz Tannehill Brees Haskins Foles
RB: CMC Zeke Miles CEH AP J. Jackson B. Scott
WR: Evans Adams Landry Metcalf E. Sanders Lazard
TE: Engram Hurts Ebron Herndon

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:37 pm

Lord_Varys wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:15 pm lol at Clemson people upset with officiating
It happens with every game in football these days and it's pathetic, refs haven’t caused any team to win or lose a game (even the NFC championship game last year). Refs are human and make mistakes like the rest of us, including the players and coaches on the field, and don't have the benefit of HD camera angles from the field during play like we do. I'm not a Clemson fan, but I wanted them to win and didn't particularly agree with the call, it's far from the reason they lost though. It's part of the game.

Overall the outrage over the reffing these days is far more annoying than the actual calls on the field that get everyone's panties in a bunch.

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:40 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:37 pm
It happens with every game in football these days and it's pathetic, refs haven’t caused any team to win or lose a game (even the NFC championship game last year). Refs are human and make mistakes like the rest of us, including the players and coaches on the field, and don't have the benefit of HD camera angles from the field during play like we do. I'm not a Clemson fan, but I wanted them to win and didn't particularly agree with the call, it's far from the reason they lost though.

Overall the outrage over the reffing these days is far more annoying than the actual calls on the field that get everyone's panties in a bunch.
Well, as it so happens the refs actually did cause Clemson to beat Ohio State.

Clemson fans whining about the OPI is funny on multiple levels: one, because it's karma, and two, because they wouldn't have won the game even if they scored that TD, so what's the big deal? LSU was in complete control and going down on purpose just to milk clock down the stretch. Clemson had absolutely no answers on defense after the first quarter.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:42 pm

No, Ohio State caused Ohio State to lose to Clemson, and their fanbases crying over it is just as pathetic as Clemsons.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:51 pm

Poor reffing is part of the game, I guarantee stuff like this goes on down in and down out. This was just a big play near the end of a big game. i this happened in the middle of the second in clemson's own half no one would bat an eye

Edit: having said that, refs have for sure decided games before.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

cantguardjake
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cantguardjake » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:42 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:18 am Not to go on about it, but I still think Burrow with a ten point lead would have been safe, and Lawrence was awful last night, so I really don't think the outcome of who won would have changed, and I didn't agree with the call, BTW. We'll never know. Side note, Etienne has grown on me. He looks like an NFL player. Not even his best game, but I saw enough that I am going to have a hell of a time ranking Dobbins, Taylor, Swift and Etienne.
Ettiene is the best of the lot of them, join me on the dark side 8-)

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:52 pm

ravn88 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:54 am
Vcize wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:38 am I had no dog in the fight but I don't understand why people say it was an awful call.

I went back and saw it again, and I have to say i don't agree.

If the LSU player dosent slip and fall that infight was not gonna tricker a flag.
If you see it again, the flag comes after the DB trips.

The DB tryes to turn 360 while running and trips over himself not because the was a small grap.
Unless there is a Zero contract rule i dont know about in college football for a WR/DB jump Ball (50/50 ball)
Then It should not have been a flag. IMO.

On Another note, im very Happy i got 3 2021 1sts in one league (all projected to be low) after I saw Chase..

WAAAAU he can play
He didn't trip and fall. Higgins grabbed him by the shoulder and threw him forward. The thing that sent him flying upfield is literally what the penalty was for. If you're running and trying to slow down and someone grabs you by the shoulder and pulls you in the direction you were running, that's what happens. It wasn't a trip.

All Higgins had to do there was jump back into the ball and he would have gotten a DPI flag called in the same way we see all the time on underthrown balls. Instead he grabbed the guy and threw him out of the way. He essentially gained the same leverage someone does with a full extension push-off, just by pulling instead.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:26 pm

Feel like this thread is getting off topic. It was called OPI. Now, about Higgins as a prospect...... :lol:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick