Preston Williams

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
OhSnapItsAnt
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Preston Williams

Postby OhSnapItsAnt » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:16 pm

Where do you guys value Preston in picks? What other players are equal to his value? Do you recommend trying to sell or is he a hold for now?
I got offered a 3.1 but I feel like it’s way to low, and not sure if I want to even sell for a second... what do you recommend, thank you!
Team 1:
10 team SF, .5 ppr
1-QB 1-SF 3-WR 2-RB 1-TE 1-Flex
QB: Allen, Burrow, Goff, Aidan OConnel
RB: ETN, K Walker, Swift, D Pierce, Monty, Herbert, McLaughlin
WR: Deebo, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Dell, Higgins, Jeudy, E Moore, Michael Wilson, Tutu
TE: Kinkaid, Schultz, Njoku

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Preston Williams

Postby Paul717 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:21 pm

OhSnapItsAnt wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:16 pm Where do you guys value Preston in picks? What other players are equal to his value? Do you recommend trying to sell or is he a hold for now?
I got offered a 3.1 but I feel like it’s way to low, and not sure if I want to even sell for a second... what do you recommend, thank you!
How many players are kept each year in this league?
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Justin Shorter
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: All my picks except 3rd rounder

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

OhSnapItsAnt
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby OhSnapItsAnt » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:23 pm

Paul717 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:21 pm
OhSnapItsAnt wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:16 pm Where do you guys value Preston in picks? What other players are equal to his value? Do you recommend trying to sell or is he a hold for now?
All players are kept
Team 1:
10 team SF, .5 ppr

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:29 pm

I would hold outside of an early/mid 2nd. He looked pretty solid at times last year and looks like a nice stash.

Hankybro21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hankybro21 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:37 pm

I'd prolly want an early 2nd at the moment. Maybe OTC come draft time, a mid 2nd would do it if there's a prospect there I liked more. I'm not in much of a hurry to sell him, however, and would likely hold regardless of a mid or early 2nd.

3.01 wouldn't be close for me.
Team 1
Q: Allen, Lamar
W: Devonta, Nuk, Godwin, Adams, Diontae, MT, Bateman, Toney, Osborn
R: JT, Henry, Ekeler, Gibbs, Mattison, Ford
T: Kelce

Team 2
Q: Allen, Mahomes, ARich
W: Jefferson, AJB, Tyreek, GW, Ridley, Godwin, MT, Downs, Toney
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, Breece, J. Cook, Kamara
T: Kelce, Hock
2024: 1.02, 1.04, Pick 21
2025: 1st (early)

Team 3
Q: Lamar, Herbert, Goff, Geno
W: Chase, AJB, Waddle, Pittman, Ridley, MT, Terrace Marshall, Downs
R: CMC, Ekeler, Bijan, Barkley, JT, Kamara, Tucker
T: Andrews, Granson
2024: 1.03, 3rd (late)

Team 4
Q: Mahomes, Allen, Geno
W: Tyreek, Lamb, Ridley, Pittman, Diontae, MT
R: CMC, Henry, JT, Chubb, Dobbins, Tucker
T: Kelce, Gesicki, Kittle

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:45 pm

OhSnapItsAnt wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:23 pm
All players are kept
Ok, if I'm understanding correctly, there are 12 x 26 = 312 players kept. That's fairly deep and agree that 3.1, overall pick #25, is probably low given it would be a mostly rookie draft. Not sure if I would say "way too low" necessarily, but it is low by at least a few spots. Maybe ~8 spots too low now but less so in the feverish run-up to the draft?
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Justin Shorter
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: All my picks except 3rd rounder

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

OhSnapItsAnt
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby OhSnapItsAnt » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:09 pm

Paul717 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:45 pm
OhSnapItsAnt wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:23 pm

All players are kept
Ok, if I'm understanding correctly, there are 12 x 26 = 312 players kept. That's fairly deep and agree that 3.1, overall pick #25, is probably low given it would be a mostly rookie draft. Not sure if I would say "way too low" necessarily, but it is low by at least a few spots. Maybe ~8 spots too low now but less so in the feverish run-up to the draft?
We actually have 28 roster spots I dropped my defense before season ended and picked up Steven Sims and Kenneth Dixon..I need to update my sig. so it’s about 324-336 deep.
I’m sure the method you use works for you but you don’t think that seeing him flash high level in the NFL puts him a lot higher than a random 3rd?
Team 1:
10 team SF, .5 ppr

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:21 pm

OhSnapItsAnt wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:16 pm I got offered a 3.1 but I feel like it’s way to low, and not sure if I want to even sell for a second...
I understand why Williams owners are super high on him, but 3.01 sounds about right to me, or a late 2nd at most. He's a UDFA WR who will have to compete with Parker for targets, and MIA's QB situation is up in the air as well. Off the field, Williams has had multiple arrests for domestic violence and violating a restraining order. While he's shown flashes, there's plenty of risk here.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

OhSnapItsAnt
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby OhSnapItsAnt » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:31 pm

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:21 pm
OhSnapItsAnt wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:16 pm I got offered a 3.1 but I feel like it’s way to low, and not sure if I want to even sell for a second...
I understand why Williams owners are super high on him, but 3.01 sounds about right to me, or a late 2nd at most. He's a UDFA WR who will have to compete with Parker for targets, and MIA's QB situation is up in the air as well. Off the field, Williams has had multiple arrests for domestic violence and violating a restraining order. While he's shown flashes, there's plenty of risk here.
I think you’re completely right, it’s definitely hard to sell that low though...
Would you think hes a hold or you recommend selling for a late 2nd? Cause I won’t take a 3rd lol
Team 1:
10 team SF, .5 ppr

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:13 pm

OhSnapItsAnt wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:31 pm
I think you’re completely right, it’s definitely hard to sell that low though...
Would you think hes a hold or you recommend selling for a late 2nd? Cause I won’t take a 3rd lol
Personally I'd sell for any 2nd.
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:15 pm

I know there have been issues, but I've never seen anything in print. Do you have a link?

I read recently that he tore an ACL in high shcool. Does anyone know if this is the same knee? What are the odds of 100% recovery if someone tears an ACL more than once?

I'm probably hoding him unless I get a whiff of something brewing off the field.

The.Big.Spank
Legend
Legend

Postby The.Big.Spank » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:53 am

I think he is a better hold prospect than a sell. I think he is worth a second, closer to mid, but when I see who I would be getting at say the 2.7, I feel like I would be drafting the same level of player, at best, who I don't know can actually play at the NFL level where I know Preston can.
Team 1: 16 Team
QB's: Fields, Wentz,
RB: D. Harris, D. Montgomery, Kendre M.
WR: Chase, AJ Brown, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Waller, J. Woods, Dulich, Mayer

Team 2: 12 Team SF 1ppr, Start 10
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Watson
RB: Hall, Walker, Javonte, Pacheco, K Mitchell, Dobbins
WR: Godwin, JSN, Pittman, Pickens, Toney, DP Jones, S Moore
TE: Andrews, Fant, Likely
(2024) 1.03, 2.03, 3.03
(2025) Top 3 1st, my 1st

Team 3 SF, TEP, Start 11 ppr
QB: AR, Watson, Young, Levis
RB: ETN, Walker, Pierce, Akers, Pacheco, Herbert, Warren, Kelley
WR: G. Wilson, Higgins, Godwin, Kirk, Bateman, Collins, Doubs, Chark, Shaheed,
TE: Schultz, I Smith, Bellinger, Parham, Fant, Likely, Granson,

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:49 am

perkinsrooster wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:15 pm
I know there have been issues, but I've never seen anything in print. Do you have a link?
https://www.coloradoan.com/story/sports ... 298768002/

Found this from a quick Google search. I'm sure you can search for others if you want.

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:17 am

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:49 am
perkinsrooster wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:15 pm
https://www.coloradoan.com/story/sports ... 298768002/

Found this from a quick Google search. I'm sure you can search for others if you want.
When you said 'multiple arrests' my mind went to like a handful of times or something. So two times then. I can't find more than that.