2020 NFL Free Agency

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

2020 NFL Free Agency

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:06 pm

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/

I'm beginning to think Breshad Perriman will be an under the radar free agent signing. Who are you looking at who could see a value alike/drop, or could affect someone else?
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: 2020 NFL Free Agency

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:43 am

Hunter Henry probably the biggest name to note directly for my teams...outside of QB, Amari is in line for huge money

QB: will be interesting to see if the following retire, re-sign or are shuffled around

Tannehill: Tennessee would be stupid not to sign him at this point. Will he interesting where this contract falls... Hopefully they can afford Derrick Henry as well.

Dak: oh the debated One... It's easy to say "if I was Dallas GM, I wouldn't give him 30M or more a year"... But I really don't think he's worth that, but also think he's a middle of the pack QB who absolutely deserves a starting job and to be paid. Just not 30M

Jameis: I see a tag and wait it out approach from TB. He's not really a franchise QB, but he's still good enough to be a starter

Cam: not a FA, but no guarantees left and all the speculation is that he's done in CAR...

Brees, Brady, Eli, Rivers, Ben: all possibilities of retiring. Almost doubt any of them do at this point lol edit: sounds like Eli might which would surprising if he retired before the other 4. Wouldn't have guessed that 5 years ago.

Teddy: if Brees stays, does he also wait it out even longer?

Mariota, Case: both guys that had jobs this year that I don't see getting starting jobs elsewhere.

Bottles: haha jk

Teams with QB needs (best record to worst): TEN, DAL, DEN, OAK, IND, TB, CAR, MIA, WAS, CIN

Indy, Denver and Oakland are not the worst but I wouldn't be surprised if they brought in help... TB, Ten and Dal likely sign their guys... the last 4 need some serious help. Washington just got Haskins but I think that will be a wasted pick looking back a few years from now. Actually, the most Washington thing to do would be signing Eli... Miami seems like they will have Fitz for one more year. Tank for Trevor?

Obviously if one of the aforementioned QB retire, their teams (NO, NE, PIT, LAC) will be juicy landing spots for a FA or rookie

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:04 am

Thanks for sharing that list. I like how spotrac set it up - makes it easy to sort by position or team.

For example here is all FA WRs

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents ... -receiver/

or all FA on Denver Broncos

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents ... r-broncos/
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:45 am

Spotrac is my go to for contracts. I don't understand every in and out of deals sometimes, but it lays it out neatly and makes a good bit of sense

Hjorimir
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Hjorimir » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:34 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:43 am Dak: oh the debated One... It's easy to say "if I was Dallas GM, I wouldn't give him 30M or more a year"... But I really don't think he's worth that, but also think he's a middle of the pack QB who absolutely deserves a starting job and to be paid. Just not 30M
I found this take interesting. Dak had a passer rating of 99.7 (10th best) and an adjusted QBR of 70.6 (4th best) with 4,902 yards passing (2nd best) in 2019.
Last edited by Hjorimir on Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Great Old Ones
10-team PPR (1-QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, 1-TE, 1-D/ST, 1-K)
QB: Dak, Tua, Mac, Mills (bleh)
RB: Gordon, Drake, Perine, RoJo II, Dillon, Coleman, Sermon, Ingram, Mitchell, Barber, JJ, Bolden
WR: Kupp, DJM, Chase, Jeudy, AJG, OBJ, Shepard, Mecole, Parris, Osborn
TE: Knox, Engram,
D/ST: NE
K: Zuerlein

The Blues Brothers
10-team PPR (1-QB, 1-RB, 2-WR, 1-TE, 2-RB/WR/TE, 3-IDP, 1-K)
QB: Dak, Herbert, Hurts, Bridgewater, Winston, Wentz, Heinicke
RB: Zeke, Cook, Mixon, Moss/Singletary, McKinnon, Gio, Rhamondre, Evans, Roundtree
WR: Kupp, Adams, Nuk, Evans, Ruggs III, Sammy, Guyton, Palmer
TE: Logan, Henry, Engram, Cook, Tremble
IDP: Demario, Bush, Mosley, Jewell, Poyer, Derwin, Vander Esch

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:06 pm

TE's are pretty interesting. Could provide some opportunities to acquire value at a notoriously barren fantasy position.

Hunter Henry being a free agent is surprising, gotta imagine he stays in LAC. Same goes for Austin Hooper.
I'd think that Vance McDonald gets cut based on his contract. Could have a Jared Cook-lite resurgence in value.
Eric Ebron is maybe the most interesting, imo. Still very young for his position and can be had for pennies on the dollar, he'd get a bump in value with a solid landing spot.
Darren Fells as shown some things, gotta imagine there's a front office somewhere that's thinking he could be a useful red zone weapon.
Tyler Eifert is another guy to grab for pennies where available. The age-30 mark isn't a death sentence for TE, in the way it is for most positions.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:35 pm

Some deeper names I have interest in are Tajae Sharpe and Vyncint Smith.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:08 pm

Hjorimir wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:34 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:43 am Dak: oh the debated One... It's easy to say "if I was Dallas GM, I wouldn't give him 30M or more a year"... But I really don't think he's worth that, but also think he's a middle of the pack QB who absolutely deserves a starting job and to be paid. Just not 30M
I found this take interesting. Dak had a passer rating of 99.7 (10th best) and an adjusted QBR of 70.6 (4th best) with 4,902 yards passing (2nd best) in 2019.
With one of the best supporting casts in the league. I doubt Amari is back if Dak is signed. Also, how many OL contracts will suffer if Dak is making 15-20% of the cap now? It's just tough imo to pay a QB who puts up stats on a great offense but then goes 8-8 and can't even win the NFC East... I'm not saying he's bad and he's great for fantasy... It's a tough decision they face, but I'm 90% sure he gets a deal. Pointless to really debate it, just my opinions on the subject

Hjorimir
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Hjorimir » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:10 pm

I wasn't looking for a debate so much, though I appreciate the candor. I find it interesting how we perceive things like a QB's play despite what the statistics tell us. I'm not even saying your wrong. Heck, I'm not sure you are wrong. However, this is the kind of thing we can leverage in dynasty leagues. If you can buy Dak as a middling QB and he's going to put up high numbers (he was the QB2 in the scoring format for the 2 leagues I'm in), that's a *huge* win.
The Great Old Ones
10-team PPR (1-QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, 1-TE, 1-D/ST, 1-K)
QB: Dak, Tua, Mac, Mills (bleh)
RB: Gordon, Drake, Perine, RoJo II, Dillon, Coleman, Sermon, Ingram, Mitchell, Barber, JJ, Bolden
WR: Kupp, DJM, Chase, Jeudy, AJG, OBJ, Shepard, Mecole, Parris, Osborn
TE: Knox, Engram,
D/ST: NE
K: Zuerlein

The Blues Brothers
10-team PPR (1-QB, 1-RB, 2-WR, 1-TE, 2-RB/WR/TE, 3-IDP, 1-K)
QB: Dak, Herbert, Hurts, Bridgewater, Winston, Wentz, Heinicke
RB: Zeke, Cook, Mixon, Moss/Singletary, McKinnon, Gio, Rhamondre, Evans, Roundtree
WR: Kupp, Adams, Nuk, Evans, Ruggs III, Sammy, Guyton, Palmer
TE: Logan, Henry, Engram, Cook, Tremble
IDP: Demario, Bush, Mosley, Jewell, Poyer, Derwin, Vander Esch

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:32 pm

Hjorimir wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:10 pm I wasn't looking for a debate so much, though I appreciate the candor. I find it interesting how we perceive things like a QB's play despite what the statistics tell us. I'm not even saying your wrong. Heck, I'm not sure you are wrong. However, this is the kind of thing we can leverage in dynasty leagues. If you can buy Dak as a middling QB and he's going to put up high numbers (he was the QB2 in the scoring format for the 2 leagues I'm in), that's a *huge* win.
Haha understood. I forgot what price I got him at in dynasty before but I was satisfied. He also was my QB on my redraft that won and I got him pretty late. So thanks Dak haha

djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Postby djeternal2 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:20 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:08 pm
Hjorimir wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:34 pm
With one of the best supporting casts in the league. I doubt Amari is back if Dak is signed. Also, how many OL contracts will suffer if Dak is making 15-20% of the cap now? It's just tough imo to pay a QB who puts up stats on a great offense but then goes 8-8 and can't even win the NFC East... I'm not saying he's bad and he's great for fantasy... It's a tough decision they face, but I'm 90% sure he gets a deal. Pointless to really debate it, just my opinions on the subject
Dak won't be making 20% of the cap at least in the near term which is frankly what we should be considering in FF. These contracts are always backloaded and teams will then restructure to gain more cap space pushing more $$ to the backend. For instance ARod just restructured his record extension he signed in 18 just a few days ago reducing his 2020 cap hit to 21.5 mil opening up 8.5 mil for next year.

I'd peg his first year cap hit to be around 26 mil and if the cap goes up 10 mil like it has the last # of years that would put him just over 13%. Even if he were at 29.5 mil with a 10 mil increase he would still be under 15%.
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:40 pm

13-15% is still greater than the less than 1% it is now... My point is only that the team will have less to give to supporting cast. I don't care what exact % it is

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:33 pm

Some key 2020 Dates for FAs:

February 25: First day for clubs to designate Franchise or Transition Players.

March 10: Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, deadline for clubs to designate Franchise or Transition Players.

March 16-18: Clubs are permitted to contact, and enter into contract negotiations with, the certified agents of players who will become Unrestricted Free Agents upon the expiration of their 2019 player contracts at 4:00 p.m., New York time, on March 18.

March 18: Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must exercise options for 2020 on all players who have option clauses in their 2019 contracts.

March 18: Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must submit qualifying offers to their Restricted Free Agents with expiring contracts to retain a Right of First Refusal/Compensation.

March 18: Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must submit a minimum salary tender to retain exclusive negotiating rights to their players with expiring 2019 contracts who have fewer than three accrued seasons of free agency credit.

March 18: Top 51 Rule begins. All clubs must be under the 2020 Salary Cap prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time.

March 18: All 2019 player contracts will expire at 4:00 p.m., New York time.

March 18: The 2020 league year and free agency period begin at 4:00 p.m., New York time.

The first day of the 2020 league year will end at 11:59:59 p.m., New York time, on March 18. Clubs will receive a personnel notice that will include all transactions submitted to the league office during the period between 4:00 p.m., New York time, and 11:59:59 p.m., New York time, on March 18.

March 18: Trading period for 2020 begins at 4:00 p.m., New York time, after expiration of all 2019 contracts.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:15 am

I was a big Dakritic, but he did very well this year and definitely earned a big payday.

JohnnyBoyRoss
Rookie
Rookie

2020 Free Agents and Potential Landing Spots

Postby JohnnyBoyRoss » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:40 pm

I know there’s been a lot of hype around this upcoming 2020 class. That’s great and all, BUT was wondering what FA’s and potential cut casualties you are excited to see in new homes, and what landing spots you would get excited for. Off the top of my head a few players I’ll be tracking to see where they land will be:
Derrick Henry (most likely resigns but you never know)
Robby Anderson
Melvin Gordon
AJ Green
Kareem Hunt
Kenyan Drake
Amari Cooper
Emmanuel Sanders
Sammy Watkins looks to be a cap casualty
Dante Pettis would be intriguing if he went elsewhere
Leveon coulda like there’s potential to be traded/cut

Looking forward to hearing some responses.
Team 1
.5 PPR 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2 Flex League 12 teams
QB: Russ, Foles, Taylor
RB: Henry, Sanders, Fournette, Mostert, Dillon, McCoy, R. Freeman
WR: OBJ, Arob, Deebo, Mike Will, Watkins, Ross, Pettis
TE:Olsen, Dissly, Ian Thomas

Team 2
.5 PPR 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2 Flex League 12 teams
Qb: Roethlisberger, Tannehill, Foles, Tyrod, Trubisky, Herbert, Winston
Rb: Chubb, Drake, Dobbins, Bell, Dillon, Penny, R. Freeman
Wr: Thomas, Evans, Chark, AJ Green, Ruggs, Ross
Te: Rudolph, Thomas, Oliver

Team 3
1 PPR 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1 Superflex 1 Flex 12 teams
Qb: Rogers, Mayfield, Brady
Rb: MGIII, David Johnson, Hunt, Coleman, Mostert, McKinnon, Howard, Mattison, L. Murray
Wr: Adams, Evans, Robinson, Cooks, AJG, Ruggs, J. Brown, Edelman, Van Jefferson
Te: Goedert, Ebron, Thomas, Keene