Release the Guice! - The Derrius Guice Discussion Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Release the Guice!

Postby Servo » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:57 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:19 pm I'm expecting Love to have a career more like Lattimore, rather than coming back and challenging for the starting job in 2020. But Guice's injury history is concerning. Going to be following his offseason closely. See if he's able to participate in OTA's, mini-camp, training camp, and the pre-season without getting hurt yet again. If not, I'll be bailing out.
Lol, Lattimore never played a down in the NFL...and also tore every ligament and had nerve damage. As far as I know, Love's injury was, in no way, that severe. The second surgery also never sounded like a "set-back".

Trust me, I get the reservations...but if WAS doesn't draft another RB or resign someone come April/May...I think he'd be a very solid guy to try and get added to a trade. It's not like Love failing to materialize is going to kill your team.

To provide context, I took Love at 3.10 and here are some other guys drafted after him:

- Riley Ridley
- Pollard
- Snell
- Stidham
- Mattison
- Gaskin
- Darwin
- Ozigbo
- Knox
- Armstead

Today? I'd still probably take the chance on the guy who rushed for 2,000 yards and could have been a high draft pick. You could make the argument that Pollard + Mattison would be better choices but they're both just high-quality backups at this point.

Funny enough, the 6th RD of our draft had: Preston Williams, Slayton + Renfrow. Probably the "best" 6th RD hit rate in recent memory.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:26 pm

Servo wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:57 pm
Shoreline Steamers wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:19 pm I'm expecting Love to have a career more like Lattimore, rather than coming back and challenging for the starting job in 2020. But Guice's injury history is concerning. Going to be following his offseason closely. See if he's able to participate in OTA's, mini-camp, training camp, and the pre-season without getting hurt yet again. If not, I'll be bailing out.
Lol, Lattimore never played a down in the NFL...and also tore every ligament and had nerve damage. As far as I know, Love's injury was, in no way, that severe. The second surgery also never sounded like a "set-back".

Trust me, I get the reservations...but if WAS doesn't draft another RB or resign someone come April/May...I think he'd be a very solid guy to try and get added to a trade. It's not like Love failing to materialize is going to kill your team.

To provide context, I took Love at 3.10 and here are some other guys drafted after him:

- Riley Ridley
- Pollard
- Snell
- Stidham
- Mattison
- Gaskin
- Darwin
- Ozigbo
- Knox
- Armstead

Today? I'd still probably take the chance on the guy who rushed for 2,000 yards and could have been a high draft pick. You could make the argument that Pollard + Mattison would be better choices but they're both just high-quality backups at this point.

Funny enough, the 6th RD of our draft had: Preston Williams, Slayton + Renfrow. Probably the "best" 6th RD hit rate in recent memory.
I realize the severity of Lattimor's injury, and how Love's differs. My point was more that you're looking at a redshirt rookie who required a 2nd surgery on his knee before he's even been able to get on the field. He also wasn't performing as well in 2018 as he had in 2017 (though injuries played a role). Due to performance and injury issues he fell in the draft. He could have been a high draft pick, but wasn't. Draft capital is likely to factor into his future.

If he comes back healthy and shows some of the burst and ability of year's past, sure, he'll probably get a shot. But there will also be a new coach and front office in Washington next year, and they're not the group that drafted him. That's always somewhat concerning, as new staff's tend to want to bring in "their guys".

For the price you paid, if Love comes back and is productive you've got a steal on your hands. If not, it's not as if you burned a premium pick by taking a chance on him. I'm just not as optimistic about him as you are moving forward. But would be happy if things do work out for the guy.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Goirish374
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Goirish374 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:56 am

My initial read on Rivera is a massive plus for Guice...thoughts?
Dynasty League Football Premium League Almanac:
2020 Champ: me again! (no, for reals!)
2019 Champ: me!
2018 Champ: Qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
2017 Champ: Irishdoom
2016 Champ: DDT(wakelawyer)
2015 Champ: BigChiefBC

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:08 pm

Goirish374 wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:56 am My initial read on Rivera is a massive plus for Guice...thoughts?
If he's the #1 RB sure, but he may decide he wants someone else. Even though he's had very limited opportunities due to all the missed time, I don't think it can be denied he's shown he can be a high end RB in this league if his knees will just hold up, but he very well might never get that opportunity.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:42 pm

Goirish374 wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:56 am My initial read on Rivera is a massive plus for Guice...thoughts?
Rivera doesn't call plays on offense, so that's tough to say until we know who the OC is and see what Washington does on the offensive line.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Guice

Postby ArrylT » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:55 pm

Just bumping the Guice thread for the owner who had a Guice question.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:31 pm

Washington Football RB Derrius Guice arrested on domestic violence charges, per Loudon County Sherrifs. Guice turned himself in Friday.

Huge question now if Washington will release Derrius Guice. Major moment coming for the cultural rebuild of Ron Rivera.

https://twitter.com/JPFinlayNBCS/status ... 7617005568

The thread title couldn't be more appropriate.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:35 pm

Thats sad. What a fool.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:39 pm

FML, I was all in on him. I think he gets released? But will also be signed by another team, he is still too you and too talented to not get another shot.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:40 pm

My first round rookie draft record:
2017: Doctson (1.09)
2018: Guice (1.05)
2019: Henderson (1.08)

I’ll let you know in a couple of weeks who I get so you can begin shopping
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:40 pm

thebeast wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:39 pm FML, I was all in on him. I think he gets released? But will also be signed by another team, he is still too you and too talented to not get another shot.
Possibly, but given injury and now character concerns, he'll never be looked at as "the guy."

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:42 pm

Well what a bummer. Was excited to see him do something this year
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Prescott
RB | Jeff Wilson, Pierre-Strong
WR | Adams, Olave, ARSB, Dotson, Addison
TE | Andrews, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1st 2025 | 1stx3, 2nd, 3rdx2

10 Team | SF | PPR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Tagovailoa, Stroud
RB | Montgomery, Swift, Dobbins, Singletary, Jamaal Williams, R. White, Davis-Price, Herbert, Miller
WR | Godwin, AJB, Lamb, D. Johnson, M. Brown, Mooney, Kirk, J. Williams, Skyy Moore, Watson
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1st, 2nd, 3rd

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert, Love, Young, Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, Ford, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Flowers, Collins, Downs
TE | Hockenson, Dulcich, Likely, Otton
2024 | 2nd, 3rdx3, 4th

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:50 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:40 pm
thebeast wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:39 pm FML, I was all in on him. I think he gets released? But will also be signed by another team, he is still too you and too talented to not get another shot.
Possibly, but given injury and now character concerns, he'll never be looked at as "the guy."
Yeah the dream is officially over. Such a waste
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

jdacunha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jdacunha » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:54 pm

Who benefits? AP? Gibson? Anyone else?
21 Players Dynasty-10 teams, (Non-PPR, 4 pts per passing TD)
QB: Justin Herbert, Zach Wilson, Trey Lance
RB:Najee Harris, Breece Hall, Cam Akers, Devin Singletary, Travis Etienne, N Hines, Jaylen Warren
WR: Jamar Chase, Dionte Johnson, Mike Williams, Allen Lazard, Rondale Moore, Kadarius Toney, Christian Kirk, R, Jakobi Meyers Devin Duvernay, Christian Watson, Romeo Doubs
TE: Kyle Pitts, G Everett

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:55 pm

And hes been released. That was fast.