Antonio Brown - Alive & Well in TB?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
captain howdy
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Antonio Brown

Postby captain howdy » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:19 pm

I agree. Done

In my job I see the term mental health or mental issues used very often. Perhaps too often .

But it's clear to me that ab suffers from something beyond narcissism or arrogance.

And frankly, he's had as many BIG head hits as anyone.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:46 pm

I just want to see a Twitter battle between AB and Trump.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:49 pm

He's going to get another chance, but no team is ever going to commit long-term to him unless the craziness stops. He still looks like a liability off the field.

blemly
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby blemly » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:28 pm

captain howdy wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:19 pm I agree. Done

In my job I see the term mental health or mental issues used very often. Perhaps too often .

But it's clear to me that ab suffers from something beyond narcissism or arrogance.

And frankly, he's had as many BIG head hits as anyone.
I disagree. Not done imo. (It’s all speculation anyway)
Team 1: 12-team SF 0.5 PPR:
QB: Dak, Russ, Stafford, Geno, Dalton
RB: Harris, Gibson, Chubb, Cohen
WR: DK, Ridley, Kirk, Chark, Woods, C Samuel, Shepard, Reagor
TE: Fant, Knox
Team 2: 14-team PPR SF TEP:
QB: Wilson, Burrow, Geno, Foles
RB: Mixon, Gibson, Hines, Cohen, Pollard
WR: DJM, Cooper, Sutton, Deebo, R. Moore, ARSB, Eskridge, Renfrow
TE: Gesicki, Njoku, Arnold
Team 3: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Watson, Lawrence, Winston, Cam
RB: Harris, Ekeler, Dobbins
WR: Hill, AJB, Woods, Chark, Lockett
TE: Gesicki, OJH, Firkser
Team 4: 12-team SF TEP Devy
QB: Wilson, Geno, Ryan, Cousins
RB: Zeke, Chubb, Sanders, Pollard, Hines, Cohen, Henderson
WR: Cooper, Godwin, Sutton, JuJu, Samuel, Fuller, Shepard, Campbell
TE: Fant, Gesicki, Ertz, Freiermuth
Devy: Boutte, Young, Slovis, Harris
Team 5: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Dak, Lance, Jones, Cam
RB: Swift, Sanders, Dobbins, Pollard
WR: Sutton, DJM, Golladay, Chase, Pittman, Kirk, Campbell, Mims, Wallace
TE: Herndon, Gesicki, Freiermuth

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:21 pm

If he can still play, and I've seen nothing to suggest otherwise, he's not done yet.

captain howdy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby captain howdy » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:00 am

Not sure I follow

He could certainly play for the raiders. Then he was gone.

He could play for the Patriots then he was gone.

His play is not the issue. His play is not the reason he's seen 3 teams in under a year

He has a mental issue that I have no confidence can be handled

I know what's posited. If he could just not talk. If he could just not post to social media.

If he could just have a strong locker room

The fact that is still being posited should tell you all you need to know. People are making excuses for him and his behavior and minimizing the source...Which I won't speculate on the source specifically but which caused this man to burn $30 million guaranteed.

And the stuff that he texted that woman is not only disgusting and reprehensible, but would corroborate her allegations in my mind. Probably in Goodells mind. So he's still got THAT going on

esloan35
All Pro
All Pro

Postby esloan35 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:26 am

captain howdy wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:00 am Not sure I follow

He could certainly play for the raiders. Then he was gone.

He could play for the Patriots then he was gone.

His play is not the issue. His play is not the reason he's seen 3 teams in under a year

He has a mental issue that I have no confidence can be handled

I know what's posited. If he could just not talk. If he could just not post to social media.

If he could just have a strong locker room

The fact that is still being posited should tell you all you need to know. People are making excuses for him and his behavior and minimizing the source...Which I won't speculate on the source specifically but which caused this man to burn $30 million guaranteed.

And the stuff that he texted that woman is not only disgusting and reprehensible, but would corroborate her allegations in my mind. Probably in Goodells mind. So he's still got THAT going on
On point, he is done. Everyone loves a turnaround story, this case there is to much going on, its unfortunate.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:12 am

I would love to see him on the Saints for this playoff run, but if he gets signed he's probably getting tossed on the exempt list.

Apparently the Saints are interested in signing him but want to find out the stance of the league on him.
Someone reported (I believe Rapaport) that it is widely expected when he signs with a team, he will end up on the exempt list.

I think I also read something though about contracts over the playoffs and teams not being required to pay players due to the contacts being for the regular season or something crazy like that. Maybe someone with more knowledge of how NFL contracts work can shed some light on this. If true, the Saints could sign him for the playoffs and force the league to make their decision.

I don't think AB is done - the reason teams are not signing him is not because of him as a person, but moreso the fact that they might sign him only for him to get tossed on the exempt list.

He's one of the most talented WRs in the league, if not the most talented. Once the league finally gets off their lazy asses and comes to a decision, he'll end up somewhere.

captain howdy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby captain howdy » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:34 am

Is "ab as a person" divisable from the reasons ab faces the exempt list?

Edit:. I should probably add I don't get enjoyment from the struggles he faces. I don't feel sorry for him, true. But I'm not doing backflips or high fiving anyone. I used to think it was somewhat humerous...but that was when I thought he was just a narcissist Butthead...now I think it's something more intricate

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:20 pm

I'm not even sure the locker room matters at this point. He was traded to a team that was prepared to build their ENTIRE offense around him AND gave him the money he wanted. But, he still had issues and did dumb stuff.

He signed with a team that's always in the playoffs and in the mix for a SB, but he didn't tell the Patriots about the situation he had with the girl.

Brown is to the point where you either embrace the circus or you don't. He's not changing.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:45 pm

16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:57 am

It's amazing how truly stupid AB is. I'm honestly baffled.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:03 am

Jay Glazer said that when the Saints scheduled the workout with Brown, they specifically told him not to bring any of his entourage. So, Brown showed up with his entourage, camera crew, nutritionist, and trainer.

He said nothing is happening with the Saints and Brown, and implied the workout didn't go well.

captain howdy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby captain howdy » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:34 am

Phaded wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:12 am
I think I also read something though about contracts over the playoffs and teams not being required to pay players due to the contacts being for the regular season or something crazy like that. Maybe someone with more knowledge of how NFL contracts work can shed some light on this. If true, the Saints could sign him for the playoffs and force the league to make their decision.
Also, just fyi,

But players do get paid during the playoffs but it isn't based off of contracts for the individual players it's just a set amount of money that was negotiated in the cba.

Still tens of thousands per game

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:56 pm

captain howdy wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:34 am
Phaded wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:12 am
Also, just fyi,

But players do get paid during the playoffs but it isn't based off of contracts for the individual players it's just a set amount of money that was negotiated in the cba.

Still tens of thousands per game
Yep. Playoffs are hugely profitable for teams, but the players do get a cut for sure.