Release the Guice! - The Derrius Guice Discussion Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Release the Guice!

Postby DLF3000 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:34 pm

Welp, this sucks after he finally popped, but I'm still holding. I like watching him play, so here's to a bounceback 2020!
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:40 pm

Lumps wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:17 am
Krypto_King wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:54 pm lol how ya gonna cite injury concern then advocate bryce love...

this latest injury is troublesome. Maybe they bring back AP 1 more year? They need some sort of boring, reliable vet to pair with Guice and that really caps his projection moving forward.
Love has had a single big injury - ACL. An injury that people are coming back exactly the same from.
He hurt his ankle in college.
That's all.
who is the last player to miss over 12 months from an ACL? Washington has been down to 5th string at RB most of the year and Love has never even been mentioned.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:01 pm

Krypto_King wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:54 pm lol how ya gonna cite injury concern then advocate bryce love...

this latest injury is troublesome. Maybe they bring back AP 1 more year? They need some sort of boring, reliable vet to pair with Guice and that really caps his projection moving forward.
Love has had a single big injury - ACL. An injury that people are coming back exactly the same from.
That's all.

Reminder:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj-Bfi0PcF0&t=503s

(I SWEAR I FEEL LIKE A MORON!! CAN SOMEONE PM ME ON HOW EXACTLY TO SHOW A YOUTUBE LINK?! EFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!)
Looks like you got the link to work - well it starts at the 8:30 mark for me - but it works. :thumbup:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:24 am

Krypto_King wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:40 pm

That's all.
who is the last player to miss over 12 months from an ACL? Washington has been down to 5th string at RB most of the year and Love has never even been mentioned.
Love was never drafted with 2019 in mind. In fact many teams felt he would need an additional surgery on his knee which I think Happened.

The goal for this player was 2020.

People forget he was a 1st / 2nd round NFL prospect prior to his injury. His draft stock fell to round 4 due to injury.

He was a stash player which isn’t all that uncommon for NFL teams rebuilding their rosters.

The team will find out if they struck gold in 2020.

I recently acquired him for a 3rd next season because I felt he would be okay. Too soon to know for sure but if he comes back 100% it will be a good deal most likely.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:46 am

Ice wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:24 am People forget he was a 1st / 2nd round NFL prospect prior to his injury. His draft stock fell to round 4 due to injury.
Not exactly. He was a 1st/2nd round prospect his junior year. The injury didn't help, but his draft stock had already fallen due to the tape from his senior year.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:54 am

dynastyninja wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:46 am
Ice wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:24 am People forget he was a 1st / 2nd round NFL prospect prior to his injury. His draft stock fell to round 4 due to injury.
Not exactly. He was a 1st/2nd round prospect his junior year. The injury didn't help, but his draft stock had already fallen due to the tape from his senior year.
Disagree on his tape. Team had many issues his last year but that’s an opinion we can disagree on.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:12 am

ArrylT wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:01 pm

That's all.

Reminder:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj-Bfi0PcF0&t=503s

(I SWEAR I FEEL LIKE A MORON!! CAN SOMEONE PM ME ON HOW EXACTLY TO SHOW A YOUTUBE LINK?! EFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!)
Looks like you got the link to work - well it starts at the 8:30 mark for me - but it works. :thumbup:
There is a way to show the video in thread using the [Youtube] tags... but I can't get it to work. Links are easy :lol:

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:52 pm

Ice wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:24 am

That's all.
Love was never drafted with 2019 in mind. In fact many teams felt he would need an additional surgery on his knee which I think Happened.

People forget he was a 1st / 2nd round NFL prospect prior to his injury. His draft stock fell to round 4 due to injury.

He was a stash player which isn’t all that uncommon for NFL teams rebuilding their rosters.

I recently acquired him for a 3rd next season because I felt he would be okay. Too soon to know for sure but if he comes back 100% it will be a good deal most likely.
he was a 1st/2nd round prospect prior to mouthpieces talking to actual scouts. November is the time to hype prominent college players putting up stats because no one has finished their evaluations and no one knows s***. By the time scout season came around Love wasn't highly regarded at all. This happens every, single, college season. Herbert was the 2019 1.01 last November 1st as well. having an additional knee surgery is not a positive.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:02 pm

Krypto_King wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:52 pm
Ice wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:24 am

he was a 1st/2nd round prospect prior to mouthpieces talking to actual scouts. November is the time to hype prominent college players putting up stats because no one has finished their evaluations and no one knows s***. By the time scout season came around Love wasn't highly regarded at all. This happens every, single, college season. Herbert was the 2019 1.01 last November 1st as well. having an additional knee surgery is not a positive.
If he was drafted in the 4th coming off an ACL, and a year that would be a write off, chances are he was at worst a 3rd round grade from some teams. Regardless, he's going to get a shot. AP isn't going to be around forever, and Guice can't stay on the field.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:45 pm

You wouldn't think that WAS drafts an RB "early" in the draft but who knows. Thompson + Smallwood are also FA in 2020.

I think, as long as they don't draft/resign, then you should try to add Love everywhere as a throw in piece on trades.

Guice and Kerryon getting hurt in consecutive years, and a supposed, "deep" RB class incoming....man...I dunno how much I want these guys on my roster.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:51 pm

Servo wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:45 pm You wouldn't think that WAS drafts an RB "early" in the draft but who knows. Thompson + Smallwood are also FA in 2020.

I think, as long as they don't draft/resign, then you should try to add Love everywhere as a throw in piece on trades.

Guice and Kerryon getting hurt in consecutive years, and a supposed, "deep" RB class incoming....man...I dunno how much I want these guys on my roster.
Amazing how a year changes so much. This off season, plenty of people wanted KJ over Jacobs/1.01.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:07 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:51 pm
Servo wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:45 pm You wouldn't think that WAS drafts an RB "early" in the draft but who knows. Thompson + Smallwood are also FA in 2020.

Amazing how a year changes so much. This off season, plenty of people wanted KJ over Jacobs/1.01.
Guilty. I traded 1.01 for Kerryon.

Johnny B. Goode
Starter
Starter

Postby Johnny B. Goode » Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:57 pm

Love dropped because of his play, ACL injury, and his knee was way worse than coaches realized.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... ning-teams

Quit acting like it was a run of the mill ACL tear... it wasn't.

He also needed another surgery about 2 months ago...

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:19 pm

Johnny B. Goode wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:57 pm Love dropped because of his play, ACL injury, and his knee was way worse than coaches realized.

I'm expecting Love to have a career more like Lattimore, rather than coming back and challenging for the starting job in 2020. But Guice's injury history is concerning. Going to be following his offseason closely. See if he's able to participate in OTA's, mini-camp, training camp, and the pre-season without getting hurt yet again. If not, I'll be bailing out.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Johnny B. Goode
Starter
Starter

Postby Johnny B. Goode » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:18 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:19 pm
Johnny B. Goode wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:57 pm Love dropped because of his play, ACL injury, and his knee was way worse than coaches realized.

I'm expecting Love to have a career more like Lattimore, rather than coming back and challenging for the starting job in 2020. But Guice's injury history is concerning. Going to be following his offseason closely. See if he's able to participate in OTA's, mini-camp, training camp, and the pre-season without getting hurt yet again. If not, I'll be bailing out.
His sprain doesnt concern me. One could explain all 3 of his injuries pretty easily. He was a high risk for a reinjury one year after his acl surgery. Hes a great buy low, but unfortunately his owners arent selling him low... I'm trying to buy