Kyler Murray Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Floor/Ceiling for Murray

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:20 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:50 pm Murray's ceiling is a league winner...this year.
His floor is something close to Baker Mayfield.

Air Raid is the present and future of the NFL. The teams that are running concepts from it have been putting up numbers. Murray is going into a system that he already knows and Arizona has a bunch of weapons (Fitzgerald, Kirk, Johnson, Isabella) that can get open quickly. Arizona is another one of those teams whose defense isn't that great and has a sketchy offensive line. They may have to pass a lot to win games.

The height stuff doesn't worry me at all. The league has changed. We've seen Brees be successful. We've seen Wilson be successful. There are plenty of rules in place that favor the QB and offensive players. These are different times.
This years version of Baker? LOL. I had said earlier in this thread his floor was about 3200 passing and 18-20 TD's. 400 rushing. I feel I hit it nicely with that, with only 1 game left. Kyler has looked solid. The thing I've been most impressed with is the lack of turnovers, although he's thrown a few :doh: type INT's. A guy like Daniel Jones has shown a massive ceiling, but has turned the ball over a ton, with INT"s and fumbles. Kyler is very safe, if he stays healthy.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:41 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:20 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:50 pm Murray's ceiling is a league winner...this year.

Air Raid is the present and future of the NFL. The teams that are running concepts from it have been putting up numbers. Murray is going into a system that he already knows and Arizona has a bunch of weapons (Fitzgerald, Kirk, Johnson, Isabella) that can get open quickly. Arizona is another one of those teams whose defense isn't that great and has a sketchy offensive line. They may have to pass a lot to win games.

The height stuff doesn't worry me at all. The league has changed. We've seen Brees be successful. We've seen Wilson be successful. There are plenty of rules in place that favor the QB and offensive players. These are different times.
This years version of Baker? LOL. I had said earlier in this thread his floor was about 3200 passing and 18-20 TD's. 400 rushing. I feel I hit it nicely with that, with only 1 game left. Kyler has looked solid. The thing I've been most impressed with is the lack of turnovers, although he's thrown a few :doh: type INT's. A guy like Daniel Jones has shown a massive ceiling, but has turned the ball over a ton, with INT"s and fumbles. Kyler is very safe, if he stays healthy.
From a fantasy perspective, I was off. From a football perspective his skillset looks much better than Mayfield, and I'd take him over him moving forward. Better skillset, better talent. Murray is going to be a very popular breakout pick in the offseason.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:29 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:41 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:20 pm

From a fantasy perspective, I was off. From a football perspective his skillset looks much better than Mayfield, and I'd take him over him moving forward. Better skillset, better talent. Murray is going to be a very popular breakout pick in the offseason.
Couldn't agree more. The reason I pulled up this quote was more to show the regression of Baker from this year to last, and how Murray's stats compared to this years Baker, it wasn't to say you were wrong.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:46 pm

Remember to that Murray is playing behind a porous O-line and has been forced to dink-dunk all season. He releases the ball quickly and throwing to a fairly weak WR corps. This guy will be a top 10 QB for many years to come (both for NFL and fantasy purposes). My only concern with him was his ability to process info, schemes, and defenses. But he's handled all of that very well as a rookie.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:50 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:46 pm Remember to that Murray is playing behind a porous O-line and has been forced to dink-dunk all season. He releases the ball quickly and throwing to a fairly weak WR corps. This guy will be a top 10 QB for many years to come (both for NFL and fantasy purposes). My only concern with him was his ability to process info, schemes, and defenses. But he's handled all of that very well as a rookie.
It's partly the scheme, too. I think Kyler will be an above average QB, and if he continues on his trajectory, a top 10 NFL QB. He protects the ball fairly well. He has made a few bad throws and decisions that resulted in INT's, but he's a rookie. I have way more confidence in his ability and his attitude than Baker, who is still ranked too highly for me.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:19 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:46 pm Remember to that Murray is playing behind a porous O-line and has been forced to dink-dunk all season. He releases the ball quickly and throwing to a fairly weak WR corps. This guy will be a top 10 QB for many years to come (both for NFL and fantasy purposes). My only concern with him was his ability to process info, schemes, and defenses. But he's handled all of that very well as a rookie.
Too early to tell.

Defenses are still gaining intel on his strengths and weaknesses; we’ll have to see how he overcomes this in the coming years before we can say hes going to be a perennial top 10 QB.

Early returns are promising, though

Kelldon
Role Player
Role Player

Kyler Murray price check

Postby Kelldon » Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:23 pm

What is Kyler Murray worth in draft picks in a 1qb league? I got offered Kyler Murray for my 2023 1st and 2024 1st. I have a really good team and both picks should be mid-late(1.06-1.10).
Twitter: @Kelldon83
Fffaceoff.com
Band of Brothers - 10team ppr/idp 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1K, 3LB, 3DE, 3DB, 1Def Flex

Championships: 2010, 2015, 2017, 2021
QB: Wilson, Murray, Mac Jones
RB: Kamara, Swift, Chubb, Mixon, A. Ekeler, Dameon Pierce, K. Hunt, G. Edwards, Brian Robinson, K. Herbert
WR: Deebo, Nuk, MT13, A.Robinson, Golladay, C. Samuel, M. Pittman, C. Patterson, P. Campbell, J. Washington
TE: M. Andrews, Goedert, Taysom Hill
K: Tucker

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Kyler Murray price check

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:04 pm

He and a few other QBs are worth that. Max

trc
Captain
Captain

Postby trc » Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:33 pm

SoftwoodGrampian wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:04 pm He and a few other QBs are worth that. Max
Mahomes, Josh Allen and Lamar.

Perhaps even Herbert

Kelldon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Kelldon » Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:51 am

Yeah I am just not sure I wanna give up 2 1st round picks for a qb in a 1qb league.
Twitter: @Kelldon83
Fffaceoff.com
Band of Brothers - 10team ppr/idp 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1K, 3LB, 3DE, 3DB, 1Def Flex

Championships: 2010, 2015, 2017, 2021
QB: Wilson, Murray, Mac Jones
RB: Kamara, Swift, Chubb, Mixon, A. Ekeler, Dameon Pierce, K. Hunt, G. Edwards, Brian Robinson, K. Herbert
WR: Deebo, Nuk, MT13, A.Robinson, Golladay, C. Samuel, M. Pittman, C. Patterson, P. Campbell, J. Washington
TE: M. Andrews, Goedert, Taysom Hill
K: Tucker

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:09 am

Kelldon wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:51 am Yeah I am just not sure I wanna give up 2 1st round picks for a qb in a 1qb league.
I’m in the same boat regarding Wilson and the reluctance to pay big for a qb in a 10 team 1 qb league. Don’t think you’ll get Murray much cheaper though, could try a first and a prospect if the other owner is rebuilding. Your team looks competitive, so picks should be late? Could ride Tanny for a couple weeks and see if you can get by until Wilson gets back.
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

Jrblaha
Captain
Captain

Kyler unfollowed cards on Twitter and IG

Postby Jrblaha » Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:38 pm

He also deleted card pictures on IG. Concern or no? 👀
12 team. PPR. QB pass td = 6
Starters: QB(1) FLEX (RB/WR/TE)(2) RB(2) WR(3) TE(1)

QB: AR, DJones
RB: Gibby, Charb, KMiller, Akers
WR: Chase, Lamb, G Wilson, Tank Dell, Burks, Mimsy, Tutu, W Robinson, Tucker, Wicks, RBell
TE: DNjoku, Hunter Henry

Draft Picks: 2024: 1.2, 1.5, 1.11. 2025: 1st Round (2) 2nd Round (1), 2026: 1st Round (1) 2nd Round (2)

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Kyler unfollowed cards on Twitter and IG

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:55 pm

Probably wants a new deal. Or an A's uniform.

Keep in mind he just came back from the pro bowl where money and big talk is probably flying left and right.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:40 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:55 pm Probably wants a new deal. Or an A's uniform.

Keep in mind he just came back from the pro bowl where money and big talk is probably flying left and right.
That's hard for such a little guy to hear.

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:47 pm

He certainly looked like a football player thinking that maybe baseball would have been a better choice based on his playoff performance.