General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Seattle's RB situation

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:25 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:24 am
bjd5211 wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:47 pm
Shoreline Steamers wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:28 pm My guess is they sign Lynch, and possibly Ajayi who was just released by Philly with the return of Jordan Howard.

Both cases will obviously depend on how their physicals go. But I think these are the two most likely options with what's left out there. I would not be interested at all in Turbin, or CJA.
Well they signed Turbin, and likely will sign Lynch.
Is it 2013?
Sure feels like it. Over the last couple of months they've added three players to the roster who were on that Super Bowl team including Luke Willson, and now Turbin/Lynch. I don't expect the same result however. :eh:
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:30 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:21 am
Shoreline Steamers wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:28 pm My guess is they sign Lynch, and possibly Ajayi who was just released by Philly with the return of Jordan Howard.

Both cases will obviously depend on how their physicals go. But I think these are the two most likely options with what's left out there. I would not be interested at all in Turbin, or CJA.
I'm fine with Lynch. But Turbin doesn't bring anything Marshawn doesn't have (even at this point of his career). Somewhat of a redundant signing. I would rather they'd have taken a look at Ajayi who as least has some speed, assuming his knee is still OK.

But what can you do really when you have to sign two guys off the street prior to Week 17? :crazy:
Ajayi just doesn’t fit what they are looking for in a RB. They seem to want a power guy and only a power guy. It’s been that way since Jackson.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:00 pm

However, anyone with eyes can see CJ Anderson is a better power back than Turbin.

https://thesportsdaily.com/2019/12/24/c ... ssion=true

Spin it how you want, but it is criminal how this man couldn't get a contract after last year's playoff.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:21 am

ericanadian wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:30 pm
Shoreline Steamers wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:21 am

I'm fine with Lynch. But Turbin doesn't bring anything Marshawn doesn't have (even at this point of his career). Somewhat of a redundant signing. I would rather they'd have taken a look at Ajayi who as least has some speed, assuming his knee is still OK.

But what can you do really when you have to sign two guys off the street prior to Week 17? :crazy:
Ajayi just doesn’t fit what they are looking for in a RB. They seem to want a power guy and only a power guy. It’s been that way since Jackson.
Not entirely true. Carson was the power back in the scheme, and Penny was starting to show his ability as a big-play compliment. It was an unfortunately small sample size, but Seattle would have used both backs. I think Penny was starting to show what they'd hoped for in Prosise, who will almost certainly be elsewhere in 2020.

It will be an interesting offseason for the Hawks backfield. With the type of injuries sustained to Carson and Penny, you'd expect the team to add an RB or two to hedge their bet.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:59 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:24 am

Is it 2013?
At this point, they're looking for familiarity with the offense and the personnel. They don't have time to break in someone not familiar with the scheme.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def