RBBC in Kansas City

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: RBBC in Kansas City

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:28 am

CGW wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:54 am He has definitely started to break away from Shady in the snap count department. Still doesn't look like the rushing attack we've seen in the past from KC, even with Moore at QB. I'm still looking to 2020 for this backfield. Do we think they will be putting any draft capital into a RB?
The long answer is yes.

BigJoeWall72
Role Player
Role Player

Postby BigJoeWall72 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:24 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:57 am
BigJoeWall72 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:18 am I was surprised to not find this thread on the first page this morning...

Since McCoy's fumble in the third quarter of Week 8, Damien Williams has had a much larger percent of the workload than McCoy has. DamWill had 7 touches after that fumble in Week 8 vs 0 touches for McCoy after the fumble, and then 14 touches for DamWill as opposed to 4 touches for McCoy this week.

Seems like a distinct shift toward DamWill to me. Thought that was worth a bump...
Maybe you can get a 2nd for him now. The days of a first are long gone. I would be selling off that big run that skewed the stat line. The Chiefs haven't really run the ball well all year.
I'm not looking to get a 2nd for him, which I know that I couldn't even if I wanted. There was never a trade market for DamWill in my leagues, except for maybe a 3rd or 4th, but what's the point doing that deal? Both are dart throws. As has always been the case, taking the chance that he performs at 70% of how he finished last year is a better option for most contenders than taking the risk that he flames out and is cut-able from your roster.

Also, I didn't mention the stat line for a reason, and I did mention the volume of work for a reason. He has a massive percentage of the RB workload currently since that fumble that I referenced, and that type of role in that offense will probably put up a fair amount of fantasy points.

I'm not some Damien Williams believer - he's just a guy in a good fantasy position (when getting touches) - but he's better for my title chances in 2019 (again, when getting touches) than a 3rd or even 2nd round pick that won't contribute to my roster until next year.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:25 pm

Does anyone care that McCoy was a healthy scratch and Williams assumed the bulk of the workload again?

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:08 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:25 pm Does anyone care that McCoy was a healthy scratch and Williams assumed the bulk of the workload again?
On TV this morning the NFL Network reporter at the game before warmups started said that the Chiefs and McCoy picked this week to rest Shady so he would be fresh down the stretch. Ive got no horse in this race so I have no idea how much truth there is to that.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:02 pm

In other words - "we will smash the Titans regardless."
...oops.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:04 pm

BigJoeWall72 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:24 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:57 am
BigJoeWall72 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:18 am I was surprised to not find this thread on the first page this morning...

Since McCoy's fumble in the third quarter of Week 8, Damien Williams has had a much larger percent of the workload than McCoy has. DamWill had 7 touches after that fumble in Week 8 vs 0 touches for McCoy after the fumble, and then 14 touches for DamWill as opposed to 4 touches for McCoy this week.

Seems like a distinct shift toward DamWill to me. Thought that was worth a bump...
Maybe you can get a 2nd for him now. The days of a first are long gone. I would be selling off that big run that skewed the stat line. The Chiefs haven't really run the ball well all year.
I'm not looking to get a 2nd for him, which I know that I couldn't even if I wanted. There was never a trade market for DamWill in my leagues, except for maybe a 3rd or 4th, but what's the point doing that deal? Both are dart throws. As has always been the case, taking the chance that he performs at 70% of how he finished last year is a better option for most contenders than taking the risk that he flames out and is cut-able from your roster.

Also, I didn't mention the stat line for a reason, and I did mention the volume of work for a reason. He has a massive percentage of the RB workload currently since that fumble that I referenced, and that type of role in that offense will probably put up a fair amount of fantasy points.

I'm not some Damien Williams believer - he's just a guy in a good fantasy position (when getting touches) - but he's better for my title chances in 2019 (again, when getting touches) than a 3rd or even 2nd round pick that won't contribute to my roster until next year.
Fair.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:12 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:25 pm Does anyone care that McCoy was a healthy scratch and Williams assumed the bulk of the workload again?
Williams also had a killer fumble that turned into a touchdown for Tennessee.

The Chiefs RBs are to avoid. The future is not on the team yet.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

snaps06
Captain
Captain

Postby snaps06 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:47 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:12 pm

This is what I think as well. I think there will be a shiny new rookie in that backfield next year.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:34 pm

Darwin Thompson will clearly be the lead back next year. Does nobody remember July and August? :P
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:15 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:34 pm Darwin Thompson will clearly be the lead back next year. Does nobody remember July and August? :P
Darwin Thompson is "special."

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:18 am

I agree, but I'm just noting that Williams has once again assumed control of the backfield. 24 touches this week, 14 touches last week. Could be nothing.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:09 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:18 am

I agree, but I'm just noting that Williams has once again assumed control of the backfield. 24 touches this week, 14 touches last week. Could be nothing.
This situation is somewhat a mess. My guess is McCoy is a function of load management given his age and he will most likely be active and used this week.
This team doesn't have a lead back, that much is obvious.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

ravn88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ravn88 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:07 am

I have to start McCoy or Williams tonight.
Im not sure who to pick. 😬
Team 1 : 1QB 2RB 3 WR 1TE 1Flex 1K 1TM 2 IR 12 Keepers

QB: Carson Wentz, P. Mahomes
RB: A. Jones, MGIII, Dobbins, L. Bell, Ingram, J Williams & Gaskin
WR: D. Hopkins, J. Jones, K. Allen, J Crowder, Humpries & Agolor
TE: E. Engram, Trey Burton, V Davis & J. Doyle

Team 2: 1QB 1 SF 3RB 5WR 2TE 2FLEX DEF 26 Keepers 2019 Champ :thumbup: 2020 third place

QB: J. Allen Wentz Watson D. Lock.
RB: Barkley Zeke CEH J. Robinson D. Freeman Penny
WR: M. Thomas Cooper Godwin Juju J. Washington Renfrow, Jeudy, R. Moore TreQuan, P. Williams
TE: Waller Engram OJH & Everett
DEF: Pats & Browns

Team 3: 1QB 1SF 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX DEF K

QB: Wilson Wentz Tannehill Brees Haskins Foles
RB: CMC Zeke Miles CEH AP J. Jackson B. Scott
WR: Evans Adams Landry Metcalf E. Sanders Lazard
TE: Engram Hurts Ebron Herndon

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:07 am

ravn88 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:07 am I have to start McCoy or Williams tonight.
Im not sure who to pick. 😬
Who did you start?

I wish I saw this earlier. I would have suggested Mike Boone.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:10 am

Well I guess any Damien Williams owners that made the Finals and started him are satisfied with the result. :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..