Lamar Jackson is the best QB in the NFL & Fantasy

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Lamar Jackson is the best QB in the NFL & Fantasy

Postby joeya2001 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:31 am

jenkins.math wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:13 am The issue in the argument for Lamar going forward is that both camps can be correct. Lamar should improve as a QB going forward, but this could be the best FF season he ever has. Take Cam Newton. His 2nd best FF season was his rookie year with his best being his MVP season. Most would say Cam improved a lot after his rookie year and is better now than he was then, but that doesn't translate to FF numbers.

I love Lamar and targeted him in redraft all over the place. I'll most likely be playing in the championship in every single league I own him, but I'm of the mindset this season won't be duplicated statistically. Just like I said Mahomes would come back to earth. And Wentz the year before that. And Cam before that....you get the point. It seems that every single season we have a QB take FF by storm only to fall back to the pack. He may still be a top 5 guy, but he is being valued like Mahomes last year. I would enjoy the success Lamar brings you this year and would be selling high in the offseason.
That's actually a very fair take on it. We Lamar owners cant expect this kind of production each year. Just like Mahomes owners cant expect 50, 5000, every year either. What we can expect is top 5-10 production at the position with yearly shots a being the #1 QB.

We who drafted/traded for Lamar clearly won that gamble, his rushing floor is what's going to keep him in the mix every year, he's good period, I don't think their is any more debating that.

See how long Tyrod lasted due to just his rushing and LJ is wayyyy better than Tyrod.

Lamar owners enjoy the ride. Non-owners sorry you missed out.

I read on here the 2 years ago when our league was drafting, cant remember who said it, but (his celling is just way to high for him not to be the first QB taken) When a guy like that comes out you take the gamble no matter what, you miss, owell. You hit, this is what you get.
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:03 am

Think with Brees passing Peyton Manning's TD and Yardage records, we seriously need to reconsider our Top 5 QBs of all time. My list is as follows:

Brady
Montana
Lamar Jackson
Brees
Mahomes

Yours?

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:49 am

Lamar Jackson
Billy Volek
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:03 pm

Brady
Young
Marino
Elway
Should have been Luck.

Slackalacker
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Slackalacker » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:49 pm

Lamar Is one RG3 style injury from irrelevancy. He’s a stud but he wouldn’t be putting these numbers up if he didn’t have the threat to break out and run the way he does. Hopefully he never suffers that and we can see him be awesome for many years, and in a few years his passing could develop to where he doesn’t even need to run to be a top QB.

But to put him even close to the top 20QBs all time in his 2nd year is hilarious.
TEAM 1 - 10 team SF 1PPR | 2017 & 2019 League Champ
1QB/1SF/2RB/2WR/1TE/2FLEX
QB: Dak - Hurts - DangeRuss - Tua - Z Wilson - Mills
RB: Barkley - Zeke - Sanders - Pollard - Patterson - D’Ernest - Jermar - Evans - Jones
WR: Hill - JJeff - Higgins - Hollywood - MThom(IR) - Godwin(IR) - E Moore - Marshall Jr - Calloway - Palmer - D Brown
TE: Hock - Moreau

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:14 pm

How many Pts per TD pass? If it's 6, it might be different. Peyton must have put up a ton that year he threw almost 60 TD's.

EDIT, just checked, an Manning was Around 525 points in 6 point per TD, -2 per INT leagues, where Lamar is at 444 right now, so not in all formats. I prefer 6 point per TD pass leagues myself, I don't like downgrading QB passing TD's. Still impressive, though.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:15 pm

Slackalacker wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:49 pm Lamar Is one RG3 style injury from irrelevancy. He’s a stud but he wouldn’t be putting these numbers up if he didn’t have the threat to break out and run the way he does. Hopefully he never suffers that and we can see him be awesome for many years, and in a few years his passing could develop to where he doesn’t even need to run to be a top QB.

But to put him even close to the top 20QBs all time in his 2nd year is hilarious.
COD was making a joke. I am curious to see how he does without Greg Roman next year, who will almost certainly be gone.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:38 am

Slackalacker wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:49 pm Lamar Is one RG3 style injury from irrelevancy. He’s a stud but he wouldn’t be putting these numbers up if he didn’t have the threat to break out and run the way he does. Hopefully he never suffers that and we can see him be awesome for many years, and in a few years his passing could develop to where he doesn’t even need to run to be a top QB.

His passing has developed faster than any QB in recent history IMO.

No need to post the stats but look at them. He is already up there in perfect passer rating games with all time greats.

He has adapted to the NFL size ball in grand fashion!

Don’t think anyone is seriously putting him in the class of all time greats but this season by any measure has been outstanding.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:38 am

He’s so good and playing at an elite level. He’s been making excellent decisions and has had easy decisions put in front of him thanks to his coaching staff, his running ability and threat of it. I traded him for multiple draft picks after week 6 even though I was already sold on him but don’t totally regret it other than the fact he’s worth even more now that he kept it up all season and the whole nation has been on a Lamar Jackson high the last couple months. Hoping and expecting he remains awesome for several years and don’t see any reason why Baltimore can’t win a couple Superbowls during his career.

For fantasy purposes...this craziness will not last. As much as I believe in him there are factors that will change. They’re almost guaranteed to change. Teams will adapt, they always do. He will lose coaches that will get new jobs after this success. Even if the big injury doesn’t happen, little ones will, there will be scares along the way and there’s no way Baltimore lets this guy run the ball as much as he is. (I do think they are right to do it in the short term though because it’s working and they can win it all doing it) He will and is getting better so he should remain a high end fantasy QB but he will be just another top 3-6 QB soon enough. On a side note, I am praying we get to see the Hoodie get a second crack at him this post season. You know that crazy bastard has been working on some type of Lamar plan since Baltimore beat NE earlier in the year.

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:42 am

Oh yeah, and props to the HC, OC and whoever else is calling the shots in Baltimore as well. They remind me of the frickin Nebraska Cornhuskers of the mid 90’s. It’s kind of embarrassing for the rest of the league.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:08 am

Lamar is the best fantasy QB but no way is he close to being best NFL QB .
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:51 am

DJB wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:08 am Lamar is the best fantasy QB but no way is he close to being best NFL QB .
This year he is the best though? He's the assumptive MVP after week 14

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:59 am

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:51 am
DJB wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:08 am Lamar is the best fantasy QB but no way is he close to being best NFL QB .
Cam won in 2015 and Matt Ryan won in 2016

Was anyone calling them the best QB in the league? No, they just had the best performance that season.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:00 am

bjd5211 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:59 am
Jigga94 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:51 am
Cam won in 2015 and Matt Ryan won in 2016

Was anyone calling them the best QB in the league? No, they just had the best performance that season.
Sure, but it's in the thread title