Joe Mixon Thread: 4 Year extension in Cincy

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: The official Joe Mixon thread

Postby AussieMate » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:08 pm

ArrylT wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:39 pm I was not expecting much of anything out of Joe Mixon with them playing in London against the Rams, so I was pretty pleased with his stat line today. :)
Anyone who thinks Mixon is terrible going off this year I implore them to watch a Bengals game, I've had a quilty pleasure in watching Bengals and Dolphins games this year. I find it fascinating teams can be so bad, it's like watching a train wreck, weird I know.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:29 pm

AussieMate wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:08 pm
ArrylT wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:39 pm I was not expecting much of anything out of Joe Mixon with them playing in London against the Rams, so I was pretty pleased with his stat line today. :)
Anyone who thinks Mixon is terrible going off this year I implore them to watch a Bengals game, I've had a quilty pleasure in watching Bengals and Dolphins games this year. I find it fascinating teams can be so bad, it's like watching a train wreck, weird I know.
I have watched all of their games this year. Mixon gave up a few weeks ago. Similar to Gurley in his terrible year with Fisher, he looks like he is just out there going through the motions because he knows the team around him is too poor to do anything and he doesn't want to use himself up in a season like this.

Even today, he was pretty average given how much room there was to run. I remember one 3 play series in particular where Mixon had two runs through huge holes and he just kind of ran straight and fell over for 8 yards. Gio came in on the next play and had basically the exact same hole and he broke 3 tackes, then outran another guy to the corner and got 35 yards on the same play that Mixon had just lazily picked up 8.

Hopefully the Bungles can turn things around next year but their path to doing so is more difficult because they don't have a quick fix of just firing Jeff Fisher. Zac Taylor will probably get another year and the line is an even more difficult fix. Gurley was renewed the next year when McVay came in and changed things up immediately. Hopefully someone can inspire the same out of the Bengals and Mixon.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:44 pm

Fair Fair, I'd give up as well, it is amazing how bad they are even when they are given a chance in games.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:06 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:31 pm
Phaded wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:59 pm No team is giving up a 1 for Mixon, maybe a 2 but I don't see the Bengals moving him. I would not be surprised if Taylor is fired this year. The kid is in over his head but it was a poor hire to begin with.
Never understood the hire. He wasn't good as a OC here for the University of Cincinnati.
I guess one could say he has more from Joe Philbin than Sean McVay? ;)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:02 am

Haven't heard much chatter about him, but Mixon's been on a nice roll since week 8 after that horrendous start to the season. Since week 8, he's been the RB6 in ppr. And now he gets to face Miami during championship week. I know a lot of people were down on him and his situation earlier, but have any of those people changed their minds about him?

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:09 am

I've wanted to buy but the owner was in the hunt for playoffs and I didnt have anything to offer for Mixon, hopefuly I can turn a pick and something into Mixon
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:12 am

nathanq42 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:09 am I've wanted to buy but the owner was in the hunt for playoffs and I didnt have anything to offer for Mixon, hopefuly I can turn a pick and something into Mixon
Probably missed your opportunity to buy-low, but still worth going after. I think people will continue to use his "situation" to devalue him, but I think he's worth buying.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:24 am

Goddard wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:12 am
nathanq42 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:09 am I've wanted to buy but the owner was in the hunt for playoffs and I didnt have anything to offer for Mixon, hopefuly I can turn a pick and something into Mixon
Probably missed your opportunity to buy-low, but still worth going after. I think people will continue to use his "situation" to devalue him, but I think he's worth buying.
Yeah unfortunately the stars just didn't align, I'll make a run at him and Kamara, if not else Ive still got all of my picks in what appears to be a very talented class
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:45 pm

I've been hoping for a rebound and acquired him in a deal that got me mixon and the 1.03 for Goff in a SF. He has been looking very good since they got Glenn back in the lineup. It amazes me how important lineman are for fantasy purposes.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

Dibbles
MVP
MVP

Postby Dibbles » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:35 pm

I'm very likely using him in place of Cook/Mattison for the 'ship this weekend and I'm very happy I was able to acquire him early in the season on the cheap (even though he's been riding my bench all season outside of bye weeks). Hoping he comes through in this plus match up but I'm equally excited about his future, love his talent.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:53 pm

He needs 75 more yards in 2 games to get to 1,000 yards rushing. I'd bet most people wouldn't have expected that after the first few weeks. Glad he's been able to prove many wrong and show people how good he really is, regardless of the crappy situation he's in.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:30 pm

CGW wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:45 pm I've been hoping for a rebound and acquired him in a deal that got me mixon and the 1.03 for Goff in a SF. He has been looking very good since they got Glenn back in the lineup. It amazes me how important lineman are for fantasy purposes.
👌
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:51 pm

I'll be playing him in the final happily, just need to decide who to sit out of Kamara Jones and Chubb. Good problem to have, can play 2 plus a flex

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:21 am

AussieMate wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:51 pm I'll be playing him in the final happily, just need to decide who to sit out of Kamara Jones and Chubb. Good problem to have, can play 2 plus a flex
I'd say Kamara or Chubb oddly enough. Chubb has been defying the odds IMO with his production. The browns are constantly playing from behind and he isn't involved in the passing game whatsoever which makes me a bit worried playing the Ravens despite the fact the browns got lucky earlier in the year. Kamara looks like a totally different player than in previous years. Fact is put on a bunch of weight this season (likely to try and bulk up to protect himself and be able to handle a larger workload) at the cost of losing all of his dynamic burst, he isn't making anyone miss like he used to.

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:15 am

Yeah, I am benching Chubb for Mixon this week. I'd probably go Chubb over Kamara though. He went nuts against the Ravens earlier this year.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...