Lamar Jackson is the best QB in the NFL & Fantasy

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Lamar Jackson is the best QB in the NFL & Fantasy

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:50 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:44 pm I would take Mahomes first and Lamar second in both.
I agree.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:30 pm

Over the next 3 years, I'd take Lamar over Mahomes in fantasy. Long term, not. And I'm on record as saying not a single GM would draft Jackson over Mahomes if they could build a new roster and had the 1.01 pick.

None. Zero.

Why? Cuz what the Ravens have built is very special. Not sure it would be possible for another team to replicate it. Meanwhile you can stick Machines on any roster and he'll pass for 4,500 yards and 40 TDs.

Unicorn92
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Unicorn92 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:50 pm

Lamar is awesome but i do not expect for him to repeat this type of season the next few years. This type of efficiency is hard to replicate. Injuries risk are very high for him. We had already see runni'g qb and how injuries can affect their way to play the game. Right now i am still on the Mahomes side but notice how great Lamar is this year. If Lamar do it again next year so i will change my view
I play in an idp dynasty keeper league 10 teams with 1 qb start in a ppr league 2 en 2 wr 1te 1 flex. This is a roster of 35 players and a ts of 5 players in mfl and this is a ppr league

Roster

QB: D. Jones, B. Mayfield
RB: S.Barkley, M.Breida, T. Cohen D.Johnson, J. Williams, B. Scarborough
WR: B.Cooks, C.Goodwin, K. Allen, T.Lockett, C. Kirk, M. Williams, D. Westbrook, A. Miller
TE: C. Herndon, R. Griffin, I. Thomas
K C.Boswell
DL M. Davenport, F. Clark, S. Hubbard,
LB M. D. Jones, L. Vander Esch, R. Evans, M. Milano, H. Landry, J. Baker
DB: B.Baker, J. Bates, J. Peppers

Practice squad: P. Williams, T. Rapp, C. Ferrell, E. Oliver, B. Cashman

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:17 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:30 pm Over the next 3 years, I'd take Lamar over Mahomes in fantasy. Long term, not. And I'm on record as saying not a single GM would draft Jackson over Mahomes if they could build a new roster and had the 1.01 pick.

None. Zero.

Why? Cuz what the Ravens have built is very special. Not sure it would be possible for another team to replicate it. Meanwhile you can stick Machines on any roster and he'll pass for 4,500 yards and 40 TDs.
Can you though? I mean the KC offense is perfect for him just like the Baltimore offense is perfect for Jackson. A great O-line to start, and pure burners at WR which make the most use of Mahomes' otherwordly arm strength. Tyreek Hill is basically the best possible receiver that Mahomes could have when talking about the combination of talent and fit.

And let's not forget that the scheme itself is pretty darned special. Remember this is the same team that made Alex Smith a pro bowl QB the year prior to Mahomes taking over. Mahomes is an insanely good quarterback, but let's not just gloss over the fact that he's in an insanely good situation as well.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:45 am

Unicorn92 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:50 pm Lamar is awesome but i do not expect for him to repeat this type of season the next few years. This type of efficiency is hard to replicate. Injuries risk are very high for him. We had already see runni'g qb and how injuries can affect their way to play the game. Right now i am still on the Mahomes side but notice how great Lamar is this year. If Lamar do it again next year so i will change my view
https://twitter.com/c0mradeCody/status/ ... 4114906115

Some people just don't want to see what's right in front of them.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:52 am

Lamar will win MVP this season in a LANDSLIDE.

Breaks all time rushing record for a QB while tossing 5 TD’s for good measure.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:28 am

Have to admit, it's hard to watch him do this well. Traded him last offseason for Wilson as I thought he was the safer play (just lost Luck and Cam was injured).
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:43 am

IR1 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:28 am Have to admit, it's hard to watch him do this well. Traded him last offseason for Wilson as I thought he was the safer play (just lost Luck and Cam was injured).
I tried trading for Lamar earlier this year but the same owner said Russell was cheaper. Should've paid a little extra in hindsight

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:55 am

I did this with some friends and thought it was fun:

Player A: 3,466 pass yards, 30 TD, 13 Ints on 58.3% completions with 118-942-5 TDs rushing.
Player B: 2,889 pass yards, 33 TD, 6 Ints on 66.2% completions with 159-1,103-7 TDs rushing.

Player B is Lamar's current 2019 season. (Absurd) Who is Player A?
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Xavier Hutchinson
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: All my picks except 3rd rounder

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:04 am

Paul717 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:55 am I did this with some friends and thought it was fun:

Player A: 3,466 pass yards, 30 TD, 13 Ints on 58.3% completions with 118-942-5 TDs rushing.
Player B: 2,889 pass yards, 33 TD, 6 Ints on 66.2% completions with 159-1,103-7 TDs rushing.

Randall Cunningham, can't remember if it was '90 or '91

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:12 am

bjd5211 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:04 am
Paul717 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:55 am I did this with some friends and thought it was fun:

Randall Cunningham, can't remember if it was '90 or '91
Yes indeed, 1990. The season upon which his absurd Super Tecmo Bowl character was based! He was arguably a top 5 player in that game and easily the best 2 way QB in the game. Just thought it was interesting that Lamar will eclipse all of those stats easily except passing yards, perhaps. I'm too old to be a Madden Player but I imagine Lamar Jackson will be fun to play with when the next iteration comes out.
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Xavier Hutchinson
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: All my picks except 3rd rounder

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:26 am

They update players ratings throughout the year on Madden now. I don't know Lamar's overall rating, but I know he was just made the fastest QB ever in the game over Vick, and Vick is more upset about that than losing the rushing record lol.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:15 am

mild wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:45 am
Unicorn92 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:50 pm Lamar is awesome but i do not expect for him to repeat this type of season the next few years. This type of efficiency is hard to replicate. Injuries risk are very high for him. We had already see runni'g qb and how injuries can affect their way to play the game. Right now i am still on the Mahomes side but notice how great Lamar is this year. If Lamar do it again next year so i will change my view
https://twitter.com/c0mradeCody/status/ ... 4114906115

Some people just don't want to see what's right in front of them.
Some people want to assume what is happening now will happen for a long period of time. What is right in front of them is a QB playing amazing football while running the ball more than a QB ever has. Nobody knows the long term outcome, once can only make an educated guess.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:03 am

bjd5211 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:26 am They update players ratings throughout the year on Madden now. I don't know Lamar's overall rating, but I know he was just made the fastest QB ever in the game over Vick, and Vick is more upset about that than losing the rushing record lol.
It's weird because I thought Vick had a 99 speed rating when he was on the cover and Lamar just got bumped to 96 or something... Who knows. Madden Ultimate Team releases cards with Speed ratings over 100 and the game is broken anyway so what's it matter really? Haha

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:05 am

And Randall Cunningham went on to dominate the league for years to come, won multiple MVPs and Super Bowls and is now enshrined.