OBJ or DJ Moore

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
OhSnapItsAnt
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: OBJ or DJ Moore

Postby OhSnapItsAnt » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:44 pm

hoos89 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:47 am
OhSnapItsAnt wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:24 am DJM could get a 1000+ yard season with Kyle Allen.. 4 years younger and getting better...
COULD? He's already at 1,061. 4th in the league in receiving yards.
I guess I wrote that wrong lol.. I was just trying to state the fact that he has a 1000+ yards and could do it with Kyle Allen
Team 1:
10 team SF, .5 ppr
1-QB 1-SF 3-WR 2-RB 1-TE 1-Flex
QB: Allen, Burrow, Goff, Aidan OConnel
RB: ETN, K Walker, Swift, D Pierce, Monty, Herbert, McLaughlin
WR: Deebo, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Dell, Higgins, Jeudy, E Moore, Michael Wilson, Tutu
TE: Kinkaid, Schultz, Njoku

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:18 pm

hoos89 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:30 am
perkinsrooster wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:48 am I'd understand it if you moved OBJ for Moore. It's not terrible but it would be a bit of a panic sell.
Honestly I'm not sure about that. Moore's over 1,000 yards with 3 games to go and he's still 22...I think he should be considered a top 8 dynasty WR at this point and there are fair arguments to be made for him over OBJ (youth, lack of drama, current productivity in spite of what appears to be a minus situation).
abloom wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:00 am If we're talking straight up, give me OBJ very easily. I think he will rebound, and we have no idea of the QB situation in Carolina next year.
Are we sure QB situation even matters? He's a WR1 with Kyle Allen under center.
I'm high on Moore as well - I just think you could get more for OBJ. Like I said though - I'd understand the trade.

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:19 pm

perkinsrooster wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:18 pm
hoos89 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:30 am
perkinsrooster wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:48 am I'd understand it if you moved OBJ for Moore. It's not terrible but it would be a bit of a panic sell.
Honestly I'm not sure about that. Moore's over 1,000 yards with 3 games to go and he's still 22...I think he should be considered a top 8 dynasty WR at this point and there are fair arguments to be made for him over OBJ (youth, lack of drama, current productivity in spite of what appears to be a minus situation).
abloom wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:00 am If we're talking straight up, give me OBJ very easily. I think he will rebound, and we have no idea of the QB situation in Carolina next year.
Are we sure QB situation even matters? He's a WR1 with Kyle Allen under center.
I'm high on Moore as well - I just think you could get more for OBJ if you hold until next year. Like I said though - I'd understand the trade.

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:39 pm

It's tough on 1 hand OBJ rebounds and is a monster next year, or maybe DJ Moore continues to get better, I have no idea. I am under the assumption that you could still get more for OBJ. Maybe not from all owners, but definitely a good amount.

Not the same comparison, but I remember the Hopkins vs. juju thread last off-season. I was wildly against trading Hopkins away for juju, but many were not. I just didn't think that the value was there. DJ Moore has been amazing and can definitely maintain himself as a top 10 WR, but I like taking studs adding pieces on top, and getting someone definitively better. A swap in this case would just be a roll of the dice in my opinion.
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon Barkley , Breece Hall, Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, CEH
WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy
TE: Travis Kelce

2023 Picks: 1.4, 1.8, 2.9, 3.2, 3.6, 3.8

Dynasty Team 2:

10 Man, Half PPR, Double Flex

QB: Tua
RB: Barkley , Mixon, Javonte, Jacobs, CEH
WR: AJB, Tyreek, Lamb, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Kittle

2022 Picks: 1.5, 1.6, 2.3
2023 Picks: 2 x 1st, 2 x 2nd

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:59 pm

Can go either way and wouldn't argue with anyone either way. But I don't understand how some people are saying OBJ is just a name and hasn't been the same since 2016. Last year alone, he played 12 games and had 77/1,052/6 with a washed up Eli and Geno Smith as his QB. I'm not sure how that's a bad thing. The year before, he was hurt and missed most of the season. As for this year, I'm not sure he's the problem. Baker looks worse than Eli most weeks and he's been playing hurt. I don't think OBJ all of the sudden became an average WR. He's still a stud and I'd expect him to bounce back. If you want to take Moore because he's younger, doesn't have the injury history, doesn't seem to be a headache, and is putting up good numbers at a young age, then that makes sense. But don't tell me it's because OBJ is washed up or isn't elite anymore because of one bad year this season and an injured year two years ago.

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:50 am

hoos89 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:01 pm Why does it matter though? Moore is succeeding with a below average QB in an offense that is on track to give 400+ touches to CMC. I doubt his QB/coach situation is going to get materially worse than that.

Also I think other factors besides talent need to be taken into consideration. Moore is 4.5 years younger than OBJ and doesn't seem to be a drama queen. Also OBJ hasn't really had an elite season since 2016.
Pretty much the exact same was said about OBJ and Eli. A new situation with a new coach and QB is always an unknown. Just because it looks better on paper doesn't mean it will be. See OBJ and the Browns this offseason.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:44 am

Idk how people are saying owning obj is a headache... literally not a peep out of him since he left NYG... He is a winner, and it seemed evident that the giants didnt have a winning culture for the past couple of years and as a result obj would get heated. If you gave 110% everyday at work and found people napping would you be cool with it? If you were out on the field and going balls to the wall for the W every single play and you saw guys taking plays/drives off, or not taking the game seriously, or not taking practice/prep seriously wouldn't you be upset?

If obj was the diva everyone says he is then he should have been primed for a meltdown this season. All that hype just to come crashing down? Supposedly a great passer in Baker turned out to be not very good this year, has obj criticized/complained about him one bit? Supposedly a great team, alleged superbowl contenders this offseason, they are 6-7 without a shot at even making the playoffs, has he complained about his team or coaches? All this hype around him finally getting out of NYG and onto a team with a great passer, obj was expected to have his best season yet, he will likely barely pass 1,000 yards and have his statistically worst season at all, has he made any waves in the media?

Has he had a few injuries? Yeah, its a bit concerning, but I believe he is doing everything he can to keep himself healthy, stuff happens, its a rough game. If KA can come back from being Mr injury, so can obj.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Adam_172
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Adam_172 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:50 am

DJ Moore is an under rated talent on this forum: below average QB play, 22 years old and still producing a 1000+ yard season. Give me DJM all day every day.

A lot of people still rate OBJ higher so you may be able to get something added.
TEAM 1
Dynasty PPR 1QB (12 Team League)

QB - Murray, Fields, Pickett, Howell.
RB - Gibbs, R. White, Swift, Javonte Williams, Charbonnet, Allegier, Tank Bigsby, Penny.
WR - Nacua, Dell, Hollywood, Jameson Williams, Burks, Mooney, Atwell, Melton, Phillips, Washington, Lazard.
TE - Ferguson, Mayer, Knox.
DEF - Bills, Vikings.

Rookie Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 3.02, 4.02 and 5.02.

TEAM 2
Dynasty PPR - SuperFlex and TE Prem. (16 teams)

QB - Prescott, Pickett, Ridder, Mariota, Mullins, Willis.
RB - Walker III, R. White, Montgomery, Singletary, R. Jones, Mack, Hull, Sermon.
WR - Adams, Higgins, Watson, Meyers, Gabe Davis, W. Robinson, Dotson, Raymond, ARob.
TE - McBride, H. Henry, B. Jordan, Bates, B. Hopkins.

Rookie Picks: 2.14 and 3.14.

JohnnyBoyRoss
Rookie
Rookie

Postby JohnnyBoyRoss » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:21 am

I’m a bit OBJ fan, I think I had him in 5/6 leagues this year. Obviously a disappointing year, the groin injury definitely has been playing a factor. If I remember correctly he started popping up on the injury report with a groin injury in week 3. That can be viewed as a negative or positive, negative since it’s just another injury for him, positive since he may put up a stat line of about 70-1000-3 while still being injured. I also saw a statistic that he is bottom 5 this year in terms of catchable targets. So I think it is fair to assume that a rebound Is in order for next year, just not sure if it will be back to the level we were used to where he was good for 90-1200-10 a year during his first 3 years in the league.
Team 1
.5 PPR 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2 Flex League 12 teams
QB: Russ, Foles, Taylor
RB: Henry, Sanders, Fournette, Mostert, Dillon, McCoy, R. Freeman
WR: OBJ, Arob, Deebo, Mike Will, Watkins, Ross, Pettis
TE:Olsen, Dissly, Ian Thomas

Team 2
.5 PPR 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2 Flex League 12 teams
Qb: Roethlisberger, Tannehill, Foles, Tyrod, Trubisky, Herbert, Winston
Rb: Chubb, Drake, Dobbins, Bell, Dillon, Penny, R. Freeman
Wr: Thomas, Evans, Chark, AJ Green, Ruggs, Ross
Te: Rudolph, Thomas, Oliver

Team 3
1 PPR 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1 Superflex 1 Flex 12 teams
Qb: Rogers, Mayfield, Brady
Rb: MGIII, David Johnson, Hunt, Coleman, Mostert, McKinnon, Howard, Mattison, L. Murray
Wr: Adams, Evans, Robinson, Cooks, AJG, Ruggs, J. Brown, Edelman, Van Jefferson
Te: Goedert, Ebron, Thomas, Keene

SaQuads_9
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby SaQuads_9 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:28 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:39 pm DJ Moore. He's 5 years younger, and outproducing OBJ. OBJ hasn't been that guy in years. Don't give away 5 years of youth for a name. Even if OBJ bounces back, and he outscores Moore, which I doubt, how many games will it make a difference in? If Moore continues to play like this, OBJ would be hard pressed to put up 2 to 3 more PPG, and it's just not going to affect enough matchups to make the gap in age worth it, IMO.
+1
Team 1: 12 Team, PPR (.5 Point), 34 player roster: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, 2FLEX, DST (Year 4)
2020 Champ!

QB: J. Allen,Haskins,Huntley
RB: Saquon,Kamara,Dillion,Sanders,JRob,Snell,Hyde,Foreman,D. Jackson,Phillips
WR: Jefferson, Higgins,KA,Thielin,Ridley,Davis,Gallup,Dyami,A. Tate,N'Keal,Quez,Ruggs,Jennings,DPJ,Treadwell
TE: Knox,J. Smith,Ebron,Tyree, Harris,
2022 Picks: 4,4,

Team 2: 10 Team, PPR (.5 Point): 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 2FLEX, SF (Year 1)

QB: Stafford,Ryan,Lance,Darnold,Love,Minshew,Winston
RB: Mixon,Swift,Jones,Dobbins,Dillon, Javonte, Mitchell, Herbert, Jamaal W,Guice
WR: DK,Lamb,AJB,Jeudy,T. Higgins,JuJu,Sutton,Marshall,R. Moore,Gage,Cephus,Quez,Osborn,Pascal
TE: Fant, Knox, Kmet,Hurst,Njoku,Bryant,
DEF: KC, SEA, IND
22 Picks: 2
23 Picks: 1,2,2

Straycatz2
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Straycatz2 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:32 am

OBJ is requesting/hinting? at wanting to go elsewhere. So his future is up in the air as well. Even if he stays there is friction with the team already and Landry is showing to be Bakers favorite target. The whole siutation with OBJ and his attitute just bothers me. And I see no issues with Moore since hes producing even with Kyle Allen without the outside issues.

CurtisMyFavMartin
Starter
Starter

Postby CurtisMyFavMartin » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:12 pm

Love the banter. I can see both sides but I’m a pretty risk-averse owner which is why I’m looking to unload my single OBJ share. DJM seems like a stud in the making and I’d much rather buy a year early than a year late. Done deal.
Controlled Chaos 12 Team PPR SFLEX~EST. 2015
1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX 1SFLEX

2018+2019 CHAMPION
QB Murray/Stafford
RB Bijan, Gibbs, Zeke
WR DJ Moore, Pittman, JSN, Flowers, Addison, Downs, Lazard
TE Hockenson, Schultz, Knox, Irv Smith

4 2024 1sts
3 2024 2nds
2 2025 1sts

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:38 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:44 am Idk how people are saying owning obj is a headache... literally not a peep out of him since he left NYG... He is a winner, and it seemed evident that the giants didnt have a winning culture for the past couple of years and as a result obj would get heated. If you gave 110% everyday at work and found people napping would you be cool with it? If you were out on the field and going balls to the wall for the W every single play and you saw guys taking plays/drives off, or not taking the game seriously, or not taking practice/prep seriously wouldn't you be upset?

If obj was the diva everyone says he is then he should have been primed for a meltdown this season. All that hype just to come crashing down? Supposedly a great passer in Baker turned out to be not very good this year, has obj criticized/complained about him one bit? Supposedly a great team, alleged superbowl contenders this offseason, they are 6-7 without a shot at even making the playoffs, has he complained about his team or coaches? All this hype around him finally getting out of NYG and onto a team with a great passer, obj was expected to have his best season yet, he will likely barely pass 1,000 yards and have his statistically worst season at all, has he made any waves in the media?

Has he had a few injuries? Yeah, its a bit concerning, but I believe he is doing everything he can to keep himself healthy, stuff happens, its a rough game. If KA can come back from being Mr injury, so can obj.
odell was a diva for running his mouth and hugging nets, not for being intense. clearly you missed his watch bs this year and now him telling other teams he wants out in the middle of the year.

He is a great player but the injuries are piling up and his situation seems shaky. I would take DJM but it is close.

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:58 pm

Goddard wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:59 pm Can go either way and wouldn't argue with anyone either way. But I don't understand how some people are saying OBJ is just a name and hasn't been the same since 2016. Last year alone, he played 12 games and had 77/1,052/6 with a washed up Eli and Geno Smith as his QB. I'm not sure how that's a bad thing. The year before, he was hurt and missed most of the season. As for this year, I'm not sure he's the problem. Baker looks worse than Eli most weeks and he's been playing hurt. I don't think OBJ all of the sudden became an average WR. He's still a stud and I'd expect him to bounce back. If you want to take Moore because he's younger, doesn't have the injury history, doesn't seem to be a headache, and is putting up good numbers at a young age, then that makes sense. But don't tell me it's because OBJ is washed up or isn't elite anymore because of one bad year this season and an injured year two years ago.
Been saying this about OBJ. I 100 percent agree with you.
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon Barkley , Breece Hall, Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, CEH
WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy
TE: Travis Kelce

2023 Picks: 1.4, 1.8, 2.9, 3.2, 3.6, 3.8

Dynasty Team 2:

10 Man, Half PPR, Double Flex

QB: Tua
RB: Barkley , Mixon, Javonte, Jacobs, CEH
WR: AJB, Tyreek, Lamb, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Kittle

2022 Picks: 1.5, 1.6, 2.3
2023 Picks: 2 x 1st, 2 x 2nd

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:45 pm

I dont anticipate moore getting peppered with 150 targets every year, id stick with obj if your talking a 1 for 1 swap.