Release the Guice! - The Derrius Guice Discussion Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Release the Guice!

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:43 am

JJRules wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:01 am I'm flexing him over Kupp and Mixon in non-PPR. I'm open to being swayed from this course if anybody feels strongly enough to do so, but I'm excited for his "any time he touches the ball" ability in a plus matchup.
I could understand starting Guice over Kupp in non-PPR, but not over Mixon. Mixon talent-wise >= Guice, but Mixon is now getting the majority of the touches in the CIN backfield over Bernard, whereas Guice is still in a committee with Peterson and Thompson.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:35 am

mild wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:37 pm I'm definitely considering it. I have to start one of either Ekeler, Penny, or Guice in a 0.5 PPR league.

Before this week been it had been comfortably Ekeler all year, but it's getting hard to ignore what's happening out there...
That's a tough call. Especially if it's Week 1 of the playoffs.

Seems like all three of those backs are in 1A/1B situations now that everyone is healthy (or has earned the coaching staff's confidence in the case of Penny). FWIW word here in the Pacific Northwest is this will continue with Carson/Penny with both playing well. It's Carroll's dream to run the ball 40+ times a game if they're successful.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:11 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:35 am
mild wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:37 pm I'm definitely considering it. I have to start one of either Ekeler, Penny, or Guice in a 0.5 PPR league.

Before this week been it had been comfortably Ekeler all year, but it's getting hard to ignore what's happening out there...
That's a tough call. Especially if it's Week 1 of the playoffs.

Seems like all three of those backs are in 1A/1B situations now that everyone is healthy (or has earned the coaching staff's confidence in the case of Penny). FWIW word here in the Pacific Northwest is this will continue with Carson/Penny with both playing well. It's Carroll's dream to run the ball 40+ times a game if they're successful.
Thanks - yeah that's exactly what I'm wanting to hear re. Penny, and seems to be what the eyes are telling us too. And he sure does look like he's got the most juice on a team that's actually moving the ball. The Chargers have been hard to watch - I also start Hunter Henry as my TE1 too, so getting away from multiple Chargers feels wise given their recent weeks. Just tough to get away from the talent of Ekeler.

Also it's Week 2 of the playoffs - do or die, and I'm already down (but not by much). We play 2 week rounds in my league... so this is for a place in the final...

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:47 pm

This was my main concern with Guice. Another knee injury. I just don't think he's ever going to be what people wanted, due to a litany of injuries.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:53 pm

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:43 am Mixon talent-wise >= Guice
I disagree with this, but it's hard to argue when he can't stay on the field.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:20 pm

Guice looks alright, hopefully nothing serious... bubble wrap him for next year pls

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Release the guice

Postby Lumps » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:14 pm

Lumps wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:23 pm
Servo wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:06 am At this point, I hope Bryce Love comes back and shows out.

Guice was a favorite redraft target of mine this year, and I think I'm all about done with him. In dynasty, I couldn't imagine throwing more than a 3rd rounder for a guy with problems in both knees now. Sucks to start your career this way.
Hop aboard the Love Train. There's plenty of room .... for the moment. I'm conducting.
(I should warn you the last time I conducted.... see sig.)

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:39 pm

Sprained MCL. Not great, not a catastrophe. Poor pattern of injuries though.

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:54 pm

lol how ya gonna cite injury concern then advocate bryce love...

this latest injury is troublesome. Maybe they bring back AP 1 more year? They need some sort of boring, reliable vet to pair with Guice and that really caps his projection moving forward.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:40 pm

I am hopeful Love gets a chance. His draft / trade Capital was way lower than Guice. I am on that train.

Never was a fan of Guice personally. Dropped like a rock in the NFL draft and just can’t stay healthy.

He is like a fighter with a glass jaw.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:53 am

Ice wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:40 pm I am hopeful Love gets a chance. His draft / trade Capital was way lower than Guice. I am on that train.

Never was a fan of Guice personally. Dropped like a rock in the NFL draft and just can’t stay healthy.

3 Trips to IR in his first 2 years. Is that an NFL record?
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:56 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:53 am
Ice wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:40 pm I am hopeful Love gets a chance. His draft / trade Capital was way lower than Guice. I am on that train.

3 Trips to IR in his first 2 years. Is that an NFL record?
I would think it's close because the return from IR is only semi recent right? It used to be IR and you were done

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:06 am

And now for 4 months of speculation over whether the Redskins will or will not draft another RB on Day I or II to commence ... ;)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:29 am

ArrylT wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:06 am And now for 4 months of speculation over whether the Redskins will or will not draft another RB on Day I or II to commence ... ;)
Spot on

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:17 am

Krypto_King wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:54 pm lol how ya gonna cite injury concern then advocate bryce love...

this latest injury is troublesome. Maybe they bring back AP 1 more year? They need some sort of boring, reliable vet to pair with Guice and that really caps his projection moving forward.
Love has had a single big injury - ACL. An injury that people are coming back exactly the same from.
He hurt his ankle in college.
That's all.

Reminder:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj-Bfi0PcF0&t=503s

(I SWEAR I FEEL LIKE A MORON!! CAN SOMEONE PM ME ON HOW EXACTLY TO SHOW A YOUTUBE LINK?! EFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!)