Austin Ekeler Value

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Austin Ekeler Value

Postby notweswelker » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:57 am

A lot has been discussed but this is a tough valuation.
He looks like he could be an RB-1 in the right situation. Decent rusher and elite pass-catcher.
Restricted FA after this year and MGIII an UFA as well. I hold no shares but love his talents.
If I did have him, I'd probably just be holding. Upside looks to be dwarfing his current value. That being said I'm not trying to buy him either, as it looks like it would take a huge offer to pry him, and it could end up being a huge overpay. Just too sticky a situation for me to place a bet.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:59 am

So how much do you all reckon Ekeler should be going for?
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:14 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:59 am So how much do you all reckon Ekeler should be going for?
I still think he's in that line of sell hold. I'd buy for an early 2nd, but it would take a late first to part with him. I think he's going to be relevant for years. If I was offered the 1.12, I would have to think about it, and I'm not sure if I'd move him, TBH. I love his floor/ceiling in PPR leagues.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:26 am

He has to be worth a late first at this point. If someone wants to part with him for a 2nd, I would do it it in a nano second. Even with Gordon back, he's still producing. He's able to split out as a WR and beat coverage, too. He's a great PPR back.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:58 am

Yeah, I think itd take something solid to move him. Ultra safe floor of 10 points a week, and that is splitting time with Gordon, without gordon he had a 15 point floor, I dont know if it would be good or bad for him to move, maybe KC signs him? He could be a real weapon in that offense, solid rusher that will be just another layer in the passing game. If the chargers upgrade at QB and/or Oline Ekeler could also feast. I like his prospects, plus he is young
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:23 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:58 am Yeah, I think itd take something solid to move him. Ultra safe floor of 10 points a week, and that is splitting time with Gordon, without gordon he had a 15 point floor, I dont know if it would be good or bad for him to move, maybe KC signs him? He could be a real weapon in that offense, solid rusher that will be just another layer in the passing game. If the chargers upgrade at QB and/or Oline Ekeler could also feast. I like his prospects, plus he is young
Something to consider here among the (likely overzealous) Rivers leaving LAC rumors is how much this would affect Ekeler. Rivers throws to the RB a ton, and if they replace him with a young mobile QB (which appears to be the new fad in the NFL) his receiving opportunity is likely to see a massive hit.

I know that checkdowns are just one of his arsenal of tricks, but they're a big part of his fantasy production.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:38 pm

Recently traded in one of my leagues (12 team,Full PPR, QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flex) by a team out of contention to a strong contender for a Late 1 + Late 3.

That feels about right at this point and for the teams involved.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:17 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:23 pm
nathanq42 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:58 am Yeah, I think itd take something solid to move him. Ultra safe floor of 10 points a week, and that is splitting time with Gordon, without gordon he had a 15 point floor, I dont know if it would be good or bad for him to move, maybe KC signs him? He could be a real weapon in that offense, solid rusher that will be just another layer in the passing game. If the chargers upgrade at QB and/or Oline Ekeler could also feast. I like his prospects, plus he is young
Something to consider here among the (likely overzealous) Rivers leaving LAC rumors is how much this would affect Ekeler. Rivers throws to the RB a ton, and if they replace him with a young mobile QB (which appears to be the new fad in the NFL) his receiving opportunity is likely to see a massive hit.

I know that checkdowns are just one of his arsenal of tricks, but they're a big part of his fantasy production.
Really, eh? I thought it'd be a benefit!

Teams have to respect the deep ball much more, and have to waste a LB on spying the QB, plus ekeler has proven he can be split out wide and succeed
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:07 am

nathanq42 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:17 pm

Teams have to respect the deep ball much more, and have to waste a LB on spying the QB, plus ekeler has proven he can be split out wide and succeed
Totally with ZigZag on this. As an example, Duke Johnson lost value/production going to Houston and Hyde doesn't get many catch opportunities either.

Additionally, a poor offensive line is the friend of PPR backs and a mobile QB relieves pressure on bad lines.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:39 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:07 am
nathanq42 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:17 pm

Totally with ZigZag on this. As an example, Duke Johnson lost value/production going to Houston and Hyde doesn't get many catch opportunities either.

Additionally, a poor offensive line is the friend of PPR backs and a mobile QB relieves pressure on bad lines.
I can appreciate that for sure, I was working off the assumption Ekeler would fit in more along the lines of true workhorse that is also getting the rushing volume to off set the drop in checkdowns and such, and at the same time would bump up the efficiency of his touches. Closer to CMC lite than to duke johnson. But I totally see what youre saying
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:09 pm

I can't imagine anybody selling for less than a first. Not a chance. He's there now, no question about it.

Badkins1121
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Badkins1121 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:05 am

I bought for a late 1st about 5 weeks ago. He won me my match up this week.

ckrumm24
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby ckrumm24 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:57 am

I’m not sure what he needs to do to prove he’s legit. He’s a threat for a big play every time he touches the ball. Would I want him running the ball 20 times a game? No. But 8-12 rushes and all the receiving work is plenty enough to sustain RB1 numbers for him. I own him and I wouldn’t sell for a mid 1st. One thing that would concern me is if his situation changed at QB.
12 team IDP Salary Cap w/ contracts 40 man roster + 20 taxi spots | 4 year max contract w/ Franchise(1)/Transition(2)/RFA Tags). Mostly mirrors real NFL.

Full Roster:
https://www59.myfantasyleague.com/2020/ ... =0008&O=07

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:17 am

He's proven he's a legitimate talent, but he'll always be capped due to his role (which is why I will have a hard time ever considering him an RB1). We'll see if SD brings in anyone to compliment him, as that will be a major factor in his future production.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:18 am

Ekeler has a real chance at 1000 yards receiving as an RB. He's a very good player, but I'd be selling high. I would definitely sell for a mid-first in this draft. I just don't see Ekeler coming close to 800-1000 yards receiving regularly or being a sustainable RB1 going forward.