Drew lock

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Drew lock

Postby ArrylT » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:47 am

IZigUZag wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:53 pm Feels like the Lock is about to be opened.

We’ll see what we have inside.
:lol: Good one! :thumbup:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Sfoster2625
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Sfoster2625 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:37 am

So I didn’t watch much of the game but I did get to see that ugly pick he threw. For those that did watch all of it how’d he look overall?
Qb: Mahomes
Rb: Jacobs Ceh, Damien williams, Vaughn, rojo, fournette, Singletary, akers, snell, devontae booker, boston Scott
Wr: devante Adams, godwin, juju, mclaurin, diontae johnson, mims, Allen Robinson, gallup, Preston Williams
Te: hock, fant
Cb: Kyle fuller, Carlton Davis
S: Jamal Adams, Justin poyer
Edr: nick bosa, Joey bosa, Josh Allen, Jpp, emmanuel agbah
IL: Chris Jones, Jonathan Allen
Lb: Darius Leonard, Roquan Smith, greenlaw

1QB
10 team league
32 man roster
0.5 point ppr
6 point pass td

Idp scoring is even with offense

Shankopotamus
Starter
Starter

Postby Shankopotamus » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:28 am

Not bad. He's got arm talent, which is better than a lot of the new guys rolled out this season. His deep balls to Sutton were money. Should've had another TD, but Fant has stone hands.
12 Team Super-Flex TEP Dynasty
22 CHAMP :dance:
(2019 & 2020 Runner-Up) :wall:

1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, Flex, SF, 2 TE

3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 1 Flex IDP

QB- Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota, Gardner Minshew, Sam Ehlinger
RB- D’Andre Swift, Nick Chubb, Javonte Williams, Cam Akers, Kyren Williams, Jerome Ford, D’Ernest Johnson, Darrell Henderson
WR- DK Metcalf, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Jameson Williams, Gabe Davis, Hollywood Brown, Josh Reynolds, Calvin Austin, Laviska Shenault, Kyle Phillips
TE-Mark Andrews, Greg Dulcich, Isaiah Likely, Donald Parham, Tyler Conklin
DL-Danielle Hunter, Nick Bosa, Deforest Buckner, Jonathon Allen
LB- Micah Parsons, Jack Sanborn, Logan Wilson, Cole Holcomb, Nakobe Dean, Brian Asamoah
DB-Jeremy Chinn, Jalen Pitre, Jalen Thompson, Kam Curl, Darrick Forrest
K-Tyler Bass

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:22 am

Shankopotamus wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:28 am Not bad. He's got arm talent, which is better than a lot of the new guys rolled out this season. His deep balls to Sutton were money. Should've had another TD, but Fant has stone hands.
I agree he showed some legit arm talent and was fitting it into some tight windows. Solid pocket presence, showing some escapability, and was making some throws on the move. He clearly has the physical talent to be a starting QB and possibly a top 10 guy. Just needs to stay focused and consistently accurate. The pick was rough, but homestly that was the only throw where you were scratching your head on.

Like stated above he had another TD bobbled out of bounds by Fant because he’s too scared to high point 50/50 balls, another 20+ yard completion completely mistracked by Fant, and Dasean Hamilton blatantly dropped what may have been a TD or at least a 20+ yard completion.

Also had the wherewithal to huck it up to Sutton on the last play of the game as well.
Overall, I thought it was a very impressive performance by Lock and I wasn’t expecting him to look this good yesterday.
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:37 am

They used the kid gloves with him until the last series
He looked more mobile than expected but needs to learn the Drew Brees/MT lesson
Throw only to Sutton and the backs. No one else. Got let down so hard by bums like Fant and Hamilton yesterday

raiders444
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby raiders444 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:54 am

I thought he looked confident, as if the stage was not too big for him. I gather the HC/OC wanted him to get the ball out of his hands quickly and throw to 1st or 2nd read, so no sacks has to be a plus, and I assume as he learns the offense and speed of the game he'll progress to 3rd and 4th options when he has time
Team 1 - 16 TEAM PPR - 1 QB / 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 TE / 1 D/ST / 1 K
QB: Lamar Jackson, Malik Willis, Sam Howell
RB: Saquon Barkley, Ken Walker, Michael Carter, Khalil Herbert, Keontay Ingram
WR: Chris Godwin, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer, Terrace Marshall, Christian Watson, John Metchie, Mack Hollins
TE: Kyle Pitts, Chiggie Okonkwo
K: Justin Tucker
D/ST: Titans, Falcons

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:09 pm

Compared to what he looked like in the preseason, he has progressed a ton.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:02 pm

Sfoster2625 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:37 am So I didn’t watch much of the game but I did get to see that ugly pick he threw. For those that did watch all of it how’d he look overall?
Overall, I was very impressed.

He had a couple bad misses to start the game; but after that his accuracy was much better than I expected.

He faced constant pressure and made accurate throw after accurate throw while on the move and throwing off base. He had 2 really bad drops by his receivers, and one long pass where Fant looked to the wrong side or it was an easy completion (to be fair, the play could've been designed to go that way, but the throw was right on the money. Could simply be 2 guys that aren't used to each other yet).

His overall stat line isn't very impressive, but it appears that their OC has a tendency to play conservative after they jumped to a big lead. He had the majority of his stats through 1 quarter-- and the Chargers got back one of the best safeties in the NFL - Derwin James for this game.

The Arm talent was obvious, but what was really interesting to me was the confidence he displayed in his first NFL start. He changed Sutton's route on his 26 yard touchdown, and that pass was thrown into tight coverage vs one of the true shut down corners in the NFL (Casey Heyward).

Here's a link to every one of his throws/runs from the game if you're interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd9E4vx5wUE

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:59 pm

Thanks for sharing that link!

Drew Lock is an interesting study - will be interesting to see if the Broncos have 'finally' found their QB of the future.

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:05 pm

I own Lock ... I’ve got a lot of hope for him ... but my gut says he flames out and never becomes a quality starter. Hope I’m wrong.

broncohead
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby broncohead » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:21 pm

He didn't make a ton of rookie mistakes but Denver was playing conservative as well. He basically showed everything on his scouting report. Arm talent is there. Had some inaccurate throws with bad footwork as the major concern coming out of college. Honestly will have to see if he improves as the season goes on but the biggest tell will be how he improves with a full off-season into his 2nd year
48 team, 4 copy league, QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SF, 4 flex
QB - Wentz, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jones, Alex Smith
RB - Chubb, Hunt, Swift, Akers, Henderson, Mostert, Mack, Bowden, Hill
WR - AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Gabriel Davis, Slayton, Hamler, Isabella
TE - Fant, Burton, Firkser, Keene, Okuegbunam
2021 Draft - 1.09, 3rd

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:07 pm

broncohead wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:21 pm He didn't make a ton of rookie mistakes but Denver was playing conservative as well. He basically showed everything on his scouting report. Arm talent is there. Had some inaccurate throws with bad footwork as the major concern coming out of college. Honestly will have to see if he improves as the season goes on but the biggest tell will be how he improves with a full off-season into his 2nd year
Agreed! :thumbup:

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:55 am

I drafted him in a 12 team superflex rebuild early in the 3rd. I am hopeful and liked what I saw in his first start. He has a ways to go, but he definitely showed the potential that the Broncos were hoping for when they drafted him. Only time will tell if he can keep improving and I agree with the above, that the second year jump will answer a lot of questions.

I’m hoping for him.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:45 pm

ArrylT wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:07 pm
broncohead wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:21 pm He didn't make a ton of rookie mistakes but Denver was playing conservative as well. He basically showed everything on his scouting report. Arm talent is there. Had some inaccurate throws with bad footwork as the major concern coming out of college. Honestly will have to see if he improves as the season goes on but the biggest tell will be how he improves with a full off-season into his 2nd year
Agreed! :thumbup:
x3

Besides Locks improvement as a passer every year in college another reason to be hopeful for improvement; his teammates are already talking up his work ethic.

Heres an interesting story from Dalton Risner

https://mobile.twitter.com/MaseDenver/s ... 5914051585

NWABCS
Captain
Captain

Postby NWABCS » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:45 pm

22 for 27
309 yards
3 TDs

Should we start selling tickets for the Drew Lock hype train yet?
12 team
1/2 PPR
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 1 R/W/T, 3W/T, 1SF, 1K, 1 DEF

QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Lawrence
RB: Bijan Robinson, J. Taylor, Etienne, B. Hall, Roschon Johnson, Najee
WR/TE: J. Jefferson, D. Samuel, AJ Brown, DJ Moore, J. Chase, Waddle, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice
K: Butker
DEF: Bills
2024 picks: 1.11, 3.04
2025 picks: 1st, two 2nds

12 team
1/2 ppr
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 1R/W/T, 3 W/T, 1SF

QB: Mahomes, Josh Allen, Aidan O'Connell, Mason Rudolph
RB: Javonte Williams, Barkley, Etienne, J. Warren, D. Foreman, K. Herbert, N. Harris, Chris Rodriguez
WR/TE: D. Adams, DJ Moore, DK Metcalf, Waddle, Pittman, Drake London, ARSB, Mark Andrews
2024 picks: 1.04, 2.01, 2.12, 3.05, 3.11, 4.04, 4.09, 5.05, 5.07
2025 picks: two 2nds