General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Week 14 Discussion

Postby Phaded » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:50 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wow.
I am literally at a loss of words, the lack of comprehension is hilarious.
Do you even realize how uncommon it is for a quarterback to be paid 13% or more of the salary of their team?
(HINT: It is also less than 13% of the league)
;)
BUT NONE OF THEM EVER WIN THE SUPER BOWL!
What a revelation, someone call the NFL teams - we have the secret.
AussieMate wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:50 pm I like the Eagles team the most from that list, just have a good team all round by not paying those "elite dollars". After that it's more on the coach. Can every team just get Bill for a couple of years.
They were certainly a good team that year, but wow have they ever fallen off of a cliff as well.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:09 pm

Phaded wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:50 pm :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wow.
Do you even realize how uncommon it is for a quarterback to be paid 13% or more of the salary of their team?
;)
AussieMate wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:50 pm I like the Eagles team the most from that list, just have a good team all round by not paying those "elite dollars". After that it's more on the coach. Can every team just get Bill for a couple of years.
They were certainly a good team that year, but wow have they ever fallen off of a cliff as well.
Yeah they've had struggles everywhere, injuries at multiple positions, if not I feel they would be up there in the rankings. Although atm they'd still be behind 49ers and Ravens, those 2 are in stupid good form.

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:16 pm

Wow.
;)
The funniest thing is that you seem to agree with my point, but in your attempt to sound more intelligent than you actually are, you just want to argue instead. It's cool. The idiot in the room usually identifies themself. Sheesh, glad we got that out of the way.

So let's go back to original point: Dak and his contract. If you want to build like the Pats, then you pay Dak around 12.5% of the cap, which would be 25 million assuming a 200 million cap hit. Do you pay him 30 million like he is asking? Do you pay him a higher % than Brady since that is your model? A simple yes I pay him or no I don't will work. I'll go ahead and give you my answer if it wasn't clear: no.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:17 pm

AussieMate wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:09 pmYeah they've had struggles everywhere, injuries at multiple positions, if not I feel they would be up there in the rankings. Although atm they'd still be behind 49ers and Ravens, those 2 are in stupid good form.
That is probably one of the consequences of having a well-rounded team over some highly paid studs as well, injuries can be more devastating when all of those guys get hurt and you don't have a stud who can try to pick up the slack.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:22 pm

No other position gets paid like the QB does. You could build an all pro OL for 35M...

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:24 pm

jenkins.math wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:16 pm
Wow.
;)
The funniest thing is that you seem to agree with my point, but in your attempt to sound more intelligent than you actually are, you just want to argue instead. It's cool. The idiot in the room usually identifies themself. Sheesh, glad we got that out of the way.

So let's go back to original point: Dak and his contract. If you want to build like the Pats, then you pay Dak around 12.5% of the cap, which would be 25 million assuming a 200 million cap hit. Do you pay him 30 million like he is asking? Do you pay him a higher % than Brady since that is your model? A simple yes I pay him or no I don't will work. I'll go ahead and give you my answer if it wasn't clear: no.
I'm not agreeing with your point at all.

I'm saying that the whole premise of "don't pay them 13% or you won't win the Super Bowl" is stupid because there is such a small group of quarterbacks that are paid 13%+ that the whole "quarterbacks who get paid that much don't win the Super Bowl" concept holds no water because of lack of appropriate sample size. So if so little teams even pay their quarterback that much to begin with, the possibility of even winning the Super Bowl drops that much more when only 4 of the 32 teams in the league are doing so. Have I broken that down enough for you yet?

But I guess we can write off half of the teams representing the NFC because they are paying their quarterbacks 13%+ of their total salary cap.

If I am Jerry Jones, yes - I am paying Dak because this is a business. Winning a Super Bowl is nice, but the ultimate goal is to make money. Dak may not be elite, but he's good enough to win with the pieces around him. The odds of winning a Super Bowl are dramatically low, but as long as fans have players they can cheer for, jerseys they want to buy and the team is competitive - I'm turning a profit.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:25 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:22 pm No other position gets paid like the QB does. You could build an all pro OL for 35M...
...the entire OL?
No.. not even close.
You could get maybe 2.. and.. 1/3 of a guy though? lol
Tyron Smith, Frederick, and Martin are costing the Cowboys $41M.
Last edited by Phaded on Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:27 pm

Phaded wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:25 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:22 pm No other position gets paid like the QB does. You could build an all pro OL for 35M...
...the entire OL?
No.. not even close.
And you said you weren't THAT dedicated 😂

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:29 pm

Baltimore is ranked in the top 5 of OL. I know for a fact their OL doesn't cost 35M... Their highest paid player is a QB though so I guess he must be the reason they are winning games, right?

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:32 pm

Has no one also pointed out that QB is the highest average paid position anyhow? Saying that a QB is the highest paid player on the team seems quite obvious lol

Paying an average QB elite money is not going to work

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:34 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:32 pm Has no one also pointed out that QB is the highest average paid position anyhow? Saying that a QB is the highest paid player on the team seems quite obvious lol

As long as it's less than 13% of your total cap - it just might.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:38 pm

Phaded wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:34 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:32 pm Has no one also pointed out that QB is the highest average paid position anyhow? Saying that a QB is the highest paid player on the team seems quite obvious lol

As long as it's less than 13% of your total cap - it just might.
Well Dak seems to be like he will make in the 16-18% range so good luck. Don't take into consideration that Amari will be gone and you probably have to cut 2 other star players, to make up the 30-35M difference Dak will make. Logically it doesn't make sense. Your team doesn't get any better... Not to mention Dallas has a losing record with Dak making under a million or whatever his rookie deal is

Paying Mahomes won't make the Chiefs better, he will be eating more cap. It's simple logic... However, Mahomes is legit and a difference maker. Maybe he's worth it. I'd rather pay him 40M than Dak 35M

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:42 pm

The bottom line with the Cowboys is that they have missed their window because they were too stubborn to do something about Garrett. No matter what they do, they're screwed now. Between paying their offensive line, Zeke, Dak, Cooper, and then the defensive pieces they've crippled themselves - so they may as well focus on turning a profit and trying to make the fans happy (first step will be to fire Garrett).

I said it in another thread - but I'll say it again, I'm looking forward to Mahomes getting the record breaking deal as a Raiders fan.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:52 pm

Phaded wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:42 pm The bottom line with the Cowboys is that they have missed their window because they were too stubborn to do something about Garrett. No matter what they do, they're screwed now. Between paying their offensive line, Zeke, Dak, Cooper, and then the defensive pieces they've crippled themselves - so they may as well focus on turning a profit and trying to make the fans happy (first step will be to fire Garrett).

I said it in another thread - but I'll say it again, I'm looking forward to Mahomes getting the record breaking deal as a Raiders fan.
Per Mahomes, I would be too... It straps a team against the Cap if he's making 20%. The OL gets worse, they have less $ to offer FA, their draft picks aren't high to begin with. It's tougher to win period. The biggest steal is having a QB on a rookie contract balling out. Russell did it, now Mahomes, Watson and Lamar even.

I don't know much about other teams caps but the fact that Flacco is the highest paid Raven is quite funny (and painful) to me. Will be interesting to see how they use 16M extra next year to improve that team. Lamar is on his rookie deal through 2022... If/When these roomie QB sign their 1st big deal is huge for a team. 30M is what some teams are paying their top 3 guys right now. Yes QB is important, but it's a team game

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:56 pm

The Ravens really are set up for a few year run of success right now and will be a fun team to watch. I know sometimes I act like a pseudo-Ravens fan, but they've always been a team I enjoyed watching play the game (dating back to Lewis & Reed). I imagine Humphrey will be one of the major pieces in line for an extension with some of that freed up money, but it's scary to think of the Ravens improving at this point. They're like the Chiefs from last year except they can play defense.