Week 14 Discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Week 14 Discussion

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:09 pm

A little early for this thread ... but felt like this was the best place to share this: https://twitter.com/pgutierrezespn/stat ... 0806802432

Ouch!! He’s been playing through the injury which is a testament to his toughness ... sure hope this doesn’t make him more likely to further injure the shoulder.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Week 14 Discussion

Postby nathanq42 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:47 pm

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:09 pm A little early for this thread ... but felt like this was the best place to share this: https://twitter.com/pgutierrezespn/stat ... 0806802432

Ouch!! He’s been playing through the injury which is a testament to his toughness ... sure hope this doesn’t make him more likely to further injure the shoulder.
What an absolute savage... But he should really hold off on the tough guy stuff until he gets his second contract
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:45 pm

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:09 pm A little early for this thread ... but felt like this was the best place to share this: https://twitter.com/pgutierrezespn/stat ... 0806802432

I think that the Raiders would be smart about it. It's probably a hairline fracture and is OK to play through. He's a beast. I remember when Carr fractured bones in his back and played 2 weeks later a few years ago. They invested a first round pick in him, and he's a huge part of the Vegas move, I don't think he'd be playing if it jeopardized his future.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:15 am

My team in sig missed the playoffs, so I'm now in a matchup to "fight" for the 3rd / 4th seed.

I did, however, trade Julio to a fringe playoff team mid-season (got back A. Robinson + his 1st). Unfortunately, that team won his next 4 games and was the last team to make the playoffs. He's going against a monster though (Ryan / Cook / Henry / Bell / Mixon / Hopkins / Lockett / Samuel / Kelce). Long story short, I'll be rooting hard for that pick to land as early as possible!

NFL things I'm interested in:
  • TNF - Does Dallas have one last rally in them to save Jason Garrett's @$$?
  • Kansas City vs. New England - New England's defense has lost some of it's shine after getting torn up by Baltimore & Houston, can Kansas City do the same? And can Brady get back to doing Brady things - his statline wasn't bad last week, but his play has been pretty awful over the last few weeks / months. Is he injured? Finally falling off a cliff? Saving it for the playoffs?
  • Seattle vs. Los Angeles Rams - Lots of playoff implications riding on this game, including a potential 1st round bye (between Seattle, San Francisco, New Orleans, & Green Bay) and the Rams clinging to hope of making a Wild Card run.
  • Is Phillip Rivers done? - He sure has been awful this season, would be a shame if we've seen the last of him in a Chargers' uniform.
Fantasy Stuff:
  • How does Kyler Murray & the Cardinals offense rebound after last week's poor showing? Murray has been great as a Rookie, but would like to see that team continue to find success over the last month of the season heading into the off-season.
  • Excited to see Evan Engram, Austin Hooper, and David Njoku (perhaps) get back on the field, will be interesting to see how the TE position finishes the season in what has been an unpredictable year at the position
  • Interested to see how some of the Rookie Wide Receivers play - so many of them have had productive spurts but have failed to find any sort of consistency. Of guys like Metcalf / McLaurin / Hollywood / Deebo / Samuel / A.J., my guess is 2-3 finish strong and separate themselves from the pack. Wouldn't be surprised to see those guys creep into top2-3 round startup value if they do in fact finish strong.
  • Do we finally get to see Darwin Thompson's breakout party? One can only hope!
Sorry for the long rant, bored at work and figured I'd jot down some of my thoughts as we eagerly await week 14!
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:24 pm

Anyone watching?
I sat Amari because of the knee uncertainty and Arob because of the Dallas defense combined with Garrett on the chopping block, I was worried the Boys would comeout firing to save his job. Sutton and Miles Sanders better come up good for me!!!

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:32 pm

I started Amari. Wish I hadn't.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:33 pm

steelman wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:32 pm I started Amari. Wish I hadn't.
Sucks when you have no choice

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:34 pm

AussieMate wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:24 pm Anyone watching?
I sat Amari because of the knee uncertainty and Arob because of the Dallas defense combined with Garrett on the chopping block, I was worried the Boys would comeout firing to save his job. Sutton and Miles Sanders better come up good for me!!!
TBD on ARob ... he has a TD but nothing else.

Probably a good call on Cooper ... the Cowboys look like they’ve given up in the season.

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:36 pm

AussieMate wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:33 pm
steelman wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:32 pm I started Amari. Wish I hadn't.
Sucks when you have no choice
My only other real choices would have been Sterling Shepherd, Marquise Brown or Will Fuller. I liked my odds with Cooper better. Not even sure if Will Fuller will play, he's hurt, again.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:48 pm

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:34 pm

Probably a good call on Cooper ... the Cowboys look like they’ve given up in the season.
aaaaaaand we'll call that a mistake with Arob, 2 tds. Tha'll teach me to be cute with my selections with Miles instead. Last week I didn't play Miles when I had a good feeling and regretted it.

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:51 pm

I need the Bears to come out after half time and score another TD. Win win for my team: hopefully limit Zeke numbers (my opponent) and boost Dak and Cooper's numbers (me).
Oh, and I started ARob EVERYWHERE owned. 4 of 6 teams in playoffs!!!!
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:56 pm

AussieMate wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:48 pm
Forza_Azzurri wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:34 pm

aaaaaaand we'll call that a mistake with Arob, 2 tds. Tha'll teach me to be cute with my selections with Miles instead. Last week I didn't play Miles when I had a good feeling and regretted it.
He’s the new Cris Carter ... all he does is catch touchdowns.

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:04 pm

Naggy going ballistic after wild cat trick play goes for bleep is how I reacted when Bears lined up in wild cat trick play formation.
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:08 pm

Sat Trubisky, started Cooper and my opponent started Arob. What a shitty start to the playoffs

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:15 pm

Shouldn't have sat Trubisky I guess, but happy I trusted my gut and pulled the trigger on A. Miller. Unfortunately, my opponent does have ARob.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert