You Can Trade Away RoJo Now... Last Chance?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: You Can Trade Away RoJo Now... Last Chance?

Postby Phaded » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:33 am

Yeah, got the start - missed a block early and got benched.

Pass pro is a tricky thing for a young RB to learn, you need the practice, but you also can't go getting your QB killed.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:37 am

I was able to unload 1 of my 2 shares. I'm still holding on to the other because the market for him sucks and to see what TBB does with Barber's contract. I assume he is cheap enough to keep around?
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Prescott
RB | Jeff Wilson, Pierre-Strong
WR | Adams, Olave, ARSB, Dotson, Addison
TE | Andrews, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1st 2025 | 1stx3, 2nd, 3rdx2

10 Team | SF | PPR

QB | Murray, Tagovailoa, Stroud
RB | Montgomery, Swift, Dobbins, Singletary, Jamaal Williams, R. White, Davis-Price, Herbert, Miller
WR | Godwin, AJB, Lamb, D. Johnson, M. Brown, Mooney, Kirk, J. Williams, Skyy Moore, Watson
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1st, 2nd, 3rd

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert, Love, Young, Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, Ford, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Flowers, Collins, Downs
TE | Hockenson, Dulcich, Likely, Otton
2024 | 2nd, 3rdx3, 4th

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:14 pm

Phaded wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:33 am Yeah, got the start - missed a block early and got benched.

Pass pro is a tricky thing for a young RB to learn, you need the practice, but you also can't go getting your QB killed.
I mentioned it somewhere in here, but RoJo carries the ball in one hand. He went through all of high school and college doing this. He puts it in danger all the time. He didn't fumble much, but that's not the point...

The point is that ALL coaches do not coach it that way. Always carrying in one hand is a sign that he didn't listen to the coaching staff and did whatever the hell he pleased. That means he might be uncoachable. And if he's uncoachable, he'll have a harder time picking up the nuances of the game, such as pass-blocking. (I'll bet anyone reading this was wondering where I was going :P) What should take only a few months to get down is taking him 2 YEARS. There's a reason for that.

I agree that the dude is super talented, but he keeps giving me hints and clues that he'll be too uncoachable to be able to utilize all of this to his fullest. This is the biggest reason why I've stayed away.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:26 pm

If a RoJo is labeled a starter in the middle of a forest, does it make a sound?

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:28 pm

Can he block the falling tree that doesn't change direction?

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:32 pm

Phaded wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:28 pm Can he block the falling tree that doesn't change direction?
No, probably can't catch it either.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:17 pm

Rojo backed by his coach to be the starter the rest of the year. I thought Rojo was going to be an outright bust, didn't draft him anywhere. However, he was super young as a rookie. Heard the same thing that just came out about Penny. He had a poor diet, and wasn't ready to be a pro as a rookie. Rojo has looked far better year 2, and he was younger than most back not named Josh Jacobs in the more recent class going into his 2nd year. He has shown drastic improvement, but clearly still needs more. He's shown improvement as a runner and pass catcher, and clearly his coach is harping on the blocking as wanting him to become a complete back. I don't know how it will turn out, but I can say that Jones looks like a vastly improved player from year 1 to year 2, and what Arians is doing with some tough love will only help him, even if he doesn't pan out.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Factory of Sadness
Starter
Starter

Postby Factory of Sadness » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:38 am

He's talented and limited, which makes him an interesting evaluation in Dynasty. This is a bad, bad time to have a precarious hold on a starting RB job though. There are so many promising RBs in this draft that it's hard to imagine that Tampa can't find one who is more well-rounded relatively late- assuming DJ doesn't somehow make his way to Florida.
Same advice as every year at this time I think. Move all of your RBs who aren't safe for other players or picks. As picks are sky high in value this year, I'll be looking to get off Jones and on to a WR with promise or an older WR who is losing his lustre but will be a reliable source of points.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:16 pm

Does it matter if he's the starter if he gets yanked for missing a blitz pickup in the first quarter and doesn't play anymore?
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD

QB | Murray, Prescott
RB | Jeff Wilson, Pierre-Strong
WR | Adams, Olave, ARSB, Dotson, Addison
TE | Andrews, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1st 2025 | 1stx3, 2nd, 3rdx2

10 Team | SF | PPR

QB | Murray, Tagovailoa, Stroud
RB | Montgomery, Swift, Dobbins, Singletary, Jamaal Williams, R. White, Davis-Price, Herbert, Miller
WR | Godwin, AJB, Lamb, D. Johnson, M. Brown, Mooney, Kirk, J. Williams, Skyy Moore, Watson
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1st, 2nd, 3rd

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert, Love, Young, Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, Ford, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Flowers, Collins, Downs
TE | Hockenson, Dulcich, Likely, Otton
2024 | 2nd, 3rdx3, 4th

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:48 pm

Could now be the last time to trade jones ?😀
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:27 am

Almost a 2% fumble rate and he still can't pass protect.

The Bucs WILL draft a RB. RoJo will have value until that day arrives.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:36 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:27 am Almost a 2% fumble rate and he still can't pass protect.

Yeah, maybe. But what round? He's a playmaker. He's going to find his way onto the field. Especially with that early 2nd draft capital.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:53 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:27 am Almost a 2% fumble rate and he still can't pass protect.

Or sign Melvin Gordon, or DJ owners dreams come true and work out an Arians/DJ reunion because Arians tends to favor veteran players and believes TB is in win now mode. TB has a good amount of cap space and will probably want to get a bit more out of the running game and take the ball out of Jameis' hands a little bit. Acquiring a veteran RB also allows them to focus their draft capital on OL and defense.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:58 am

bjd5211 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:53 am

Or sign Melvin Gordon, or DJ owners dreams come true and work out an Arians/DJ reunion because Arians tends to favor veteran players and believes TB is in win now mode. TB has a good amount of cap space and will probably want to get a bit more out of the running game and take the ball out of Jameis' hands a little bit. Acquiring a veteran RB also allows them to focus their draft capital on OL and defense.
Or take the ball out of his hands completely. :lol: We have no idea what they will do. Jones definitely should factor in somehow. Not sure DJ gives them more in the running game at this point. Jones is the more explosive player, but DJ certainly is good as a receiver.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:28 am

bjd5211 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:53 am

Damn, they do have great cap space. Lev Bell could be a great target, especially if they get a pick upgrade like the Brock Lobster deal.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def