Lamar Jackson is the best QB in the NFL & Fantasy

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Lamar Jackson is the best QB in the NFL & Fantasy

Postby Phaded » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:36 pm

Yeah, Lamar obviously isn't the best thrower in the league but he has certainly been the best offensive player in the league this year and it's not particularly close.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:48 pm

Phaded wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:36 pm Yeah, Lamar obviously isn't the best thrower in the league but he has certainly been the best offensive player in the league this year and it's not particularly close.
He's just so stable. Neither team was exactly able to sling it in the rain today - but for Lamar, that's no problem - he just doubles down on his rushing when conditions get gross and his team needs him to make a play.

They are the most balanced team in the league, and they're showing they're ready to play Playoff ball in Playoff conditions. Great win, and in the clutch no less... big truss.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:51 pm

mild wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:48 pm
Phaded wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:36 pm Yeah, Lamar obviously isn't the best thrower in the league but he has certainly been the best offensive player in the league this year and it's not particularly close.
He's just so stable. Neither team was exactly able to sling it in the rain today - but for Lamar, that's no problem - he just doubles down on his rushing when conditions get gross and his team needs to make a play.

They are the most balanced team in the league, and they're showing they're ready to play Playoff ball.
Only thing that concerned me was the run defense. I know SF prides themselves on their run offense but there were some huge holes today. I think the Ravens normally wear the opponents defense down a lot more and really control time of possession most games. Today was different though as the Niners ran it effectively and used up a lot of time as well.

Either way, it would be very interesting to see this as a SB rematch

vflgladiators
Captain
Captain

Postby vflgladiators » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:17 pm

This thread just needs to be closed. The kid can obviously play and anyone who still doesn't believe that will never be convinced. As for Mahomes vs Jackson. Does it really matter? You're taking whichever you can get and it's likely that the owners value whichever the one they have.
Team 1
12 team. PPR. 6pts all TDs. Long TD bonus. 1QB, 2RB, 3WR/TE, 1K, 1DEF
QBs: Patrick Mahomes, Sam Howell, Kyle Trask
RBs: Rhamondre Stevenson, Keaontay Ingram, Kyren Williams, Isaiah Spiller
WR/TEs: Jahan Dotson, Kyle Pitts, Diontae Johnson, Elijah Moore, Rashod Bateman, John Metchie
K: Carlson, Boswell
DST: Patriots, Steelers
Picks: 1.3, 1.5, 1.8, 1.9, 1.11, 2.4, 3.1
2019 Champ

Team 2
12 Team Superflex. PPR. 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1SFlex, 1K, 1Def
QBs: Patrick Mahomes, Joe Burrow, Howell, Brissett, Darnold
RBs: Kamara, Mattison, L. Murray, Fournette
WRs: Chase, Diontae Johnson, Toney, Dortch
TEs: Kelce, Dulcich, Juwan Johnson, Ertz
Ks: Tucker
DST: Colts, Jaguars
Picks: 1.8, 3.9
2022 Champ

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:24 pm

vflgladiators wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:17 pm This thread just needs to be closed. The kid can obviously play and anyone who still doesn't believe that will never be convinced. As for Mahomes vs Jackson. Does it really matter? You're taking whichever you can get and it's likely that the owners value whichever the one they have.
Why would it need to be closed?

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:54 pm

63 rushing yards needed in week 14 to surpass Vick's single season record in only 13 games.

Lamar is the only QB to ever throw for 25 pass TD and rush for over 950 yards in a season as well

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:36 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:54 pm 63 rushing yards needed in week 14 to surpass Vick's single season record in only 13 games.

Lamar is the only QB to ever throw for 25 pass TD and rush for over 950 yards in a season as well
He looks like Vick, if Vick gave a bleep about learning to pass before he got to PHI

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:40 am

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:51 pm
He's just so stable. Neither team was exactly able to sling it in the rain today - but for Lamar, that's no problem - he just doubles down on his rushing when conditions get gross and his team needs to make a play.

They are the most balanced team in the league, and they're showing they're ready to play Playoff ball.
Only thing that concerned me was the run defense. I know SF prides themselves on their run offense but there were some huge holes today. I think the Ravens normally wear the opponents defense down a lot more and really control time of possession most games. Today was different though as the Niners ran it effectively and used up a lot of time as well.

I remember reading something about this before the game. The run defense actually hasn’t been great all year and there has been room to run, but the Ravens have built quick leads on opponents leading to them quickly abandoning the run, which has made the run defense appear better than it actually is. 49ers don’t abandon the run no matter what.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:50 am

thebeast wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:40 am
Jigga94 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:51 pm

I remember reading something about this before the game. The run defense actually hasn’t been great all year and there has been room to run, but the Ravens have built quick leads on opponents leading to them quickly abandoning the run, which has made the run defense appear better than it actually is. 49ers don’t abandon the run no matter what.
Good point. And in such sloppy conditions, SF was able to run it very effectively

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:51 pm

Im just going to reiterate this. Jackson is the best QB in the NFL today. His passing improvement is immense, just think what he will be like next year. I am pretty confident that even the Chiefs would think long and hard about who to take if the my had the choice of Mahomes or Jackson.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:53 pm

Yeah that scramble and side-arm TD pass to Boykin was nifty. I'm on board.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:58 pm

Phaded wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:53 pm Yeah that scramble and side-arm TD pass to Boykin was nifty. I'm on board.
You're about 12 weeks late my Phaded friend, but welcome aboard the Goodship Lamar nonetheless. 8-)

Big Truss, woo wooooo.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:10 pm

I'm just sad that I had opportunity to acquire him in the offseason in two leagues and did not..

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:37 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:42 pm
thebeast wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:25 pm If they dispersed the whole league and started to draft all players again there is no doubt he would be picked 1.01 by all teams.
This is the dumbest and most wrong thing that has ever been said in this forum.

Even the Ravens would take Mahomes.
Congratulations Cult, your statement is now the dumbest ever on the forum, and that won’t be surprising to many. Lamar is going to win the mvp.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:46 pm

He's an amazing player and will win MVP, but Chiefs and majority (if not all) of the league is still taking Mahomes over Lamar or anyone else.