DeVante Parker value?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: DeVante Parker value?

Postby steelman » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:30 pm

I can't believe I'm writing this, but I actually started him 2 weeks in a row due to byes and injuries, and he hasn't let me down one bit.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:12 pm

Hopefully people don't make the mistake of assuming he's good because he's putting up numbers on a garbage team that's playing from behind 100% of the time.

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:21 pm

I saw a tweet this week from Ryan McDowell staying that there are only 2 WR’s with a 7 game steak or scoring as a WR3 or better. They are... Michael Thomas and DParker. While it is absolutely true that much of this is volume driven and that everyone else on that offense seems to be injured, if he stays healthy he has a great shot to go over 1000 yards.

I’ve started him 5 times this year in my start 9-deep league (start 8 non-QB’s) and he hasn’t let me down (yet). I’ll likely hold through the end of this year and then see what I can get for him in the offseason.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Chubb, Connor, Pacheco, Mattison, DCook, Perine
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, JJeudy, CSutton, Flowers, MThomas, Slayton, DParker, CDavis, DMims
TE: DSchultz, Musgrave, MGesicki, McBride, Kraft, Dissly
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.10, 1.12, 2.01, 2.02

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: Hull, Jackson, Vaughn, Wilson
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.07, 1.09, 1.10, 1.12, 2.01

DinoDynasty
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DinoDynasty » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:26 pm

I am one of the biggest Kupp truthers on her (started the Kupp is a WR1 forum).

That said... If team 1 in sig, is in the championship week 16, I will be starting Parker vs Cincy over Kupp vs 49ers.
2017 Champ, 2018 Runner-up, 2019 Champ, 2020 Champ, 2021 Runner-up
12 Team PPR
Stairway to Evans
QB: Hurts, Kirk, Bridgewater, Jimmy G
RB: CMC, Pollard, Foreman,
Sanders, Hill
WR: Kupp, Evans, Ridley, Dell, Josh Palmer, Hodgins, Osborn, Parker, MVS
TE: Kelce, Musgrave, Otton, Gray, Woods
DEF: Chicago Ravens
2024 2nd, 3rd, 4th

12 Team .5 PPR
Fields of Dreams
QB - Fields, Cousins, Wilson
RB - Taylor, Swift, Mixon, Pollard, Singelary, McLaughlin
WR - Olave, Tyreek, Tank Dell, Higgins, Gabriel Davis, E Moore, Mingo, Douglas
TE - Ferguson, Gray, Otton
DEF - 49ers, Pats
Picks 2024 2x1st, 3, 4

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:15 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:12 pm Hopefully people don't make the mistake of assuming he's good because he's putting up numbers on a garbage team that's playing from behind 100% of the time.
So I started him again today and was thrilled with the outcome. This comes across as a demeaning comment, but I feel like this is the perfect storm for him - a team that needs to throw to put up points because of a really bad D, a QB in Fitz who is not at all afraid just to chuck it up for his WR's to go get, and not a lot of other options. I think he's gotten a bad rap because of the continual disappointment, but he's making up for lost time this year.

All that said, do you think you could get a 2020 1st for him after the season? I think I'd rather sit on him if I could only get a 2nd... he's only got one more year in MIA and could end up in a new location after next year (or in the offseason in a trade if they continue the fire sale). I only see things as going down for him - primarily because he's going to have a new QB next year who is less confident to just 'chuck it up' and he's also going to have Preston Williams back, maybe another WR, and Gesicki continuing to mature. All of those things will lead to fights for targets.

Thoughts?
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, JJeudy, CSutton, Flowers, MThomas, Slayton, DParker, CDavis, DMims

SafeLeague #1 (SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex

SafeLeague #2
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:19 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:12 pm Hopefully people don't make the mistake of assuming he's good because he's putting up numbers on a garbage team that's playing from behind 100% of the time.
Loved him as a prospect but I was with you until today. I know 5th year breakouts aren't usually a thing but he is still only 26 with 1st round draft capital and a coming QB upgrade. If you want to sell, now is probably the time but I would be fine holding and seeing what kind of hype the offseason brings

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:39 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:19 pm
Loved him as a prospect but I was with you until today. I know 5th year breakouts aren't usually a thing but he is still only 26 with 1st round draft capital and a coming QB upgrade. If you want to sell, now is probably the time but I would be fine holding and seeing what kind of hype the offseason brings
I will be shopping him this off season, but a QB upgrade in reality isn't always a QB upgrade for fantasy purposes. Fitz is a gunslinger. He's not afraid to chuck it up and let his WR's make plays. A better QB might not be so aggressive. They may only throw to guys they think are open. They may prefer shorter passes, especially if the QB is younger and still learning. Look at Winston, I don't think many people think he's a great QB, but it's hard to ask for a better guy if you have Evans or Godwin.

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:06 am

I'm fully expecting him and Alshon to destroy me in Week 15.

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:04 am

Isn't it clear by now?? Parker, Tannehill & Drake all having very good years since they've gotten away from Adam Gase. Heck, even Gesicki has shown signs of hope.

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:10 am

I'll probably start him over Will Fuller next week in the first round of my playoffs. Will Fuller goes crazy every time he's on my bench, but every single time I've had in my starting lineup, he's burned me. I'm tired of him.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:23 am

The enigma that is D. Parker. I have had a love/hate relationship with this player for years.. Still own and I am starting him in my dynasty money league.

The hate is subsiding yet again. He has been looking like the legit WR1 I thought I was drafting years ago.

Glad to see it!
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:28 pm

https://mobile.twitter.com/RyanMc23/sta ... 0186014725

I think this points to a clear sell window in this offseason... likely going to beat the bushes to see what offers I can get.
Gopher Two

SafeLeague #2

MattDeezy
Starter
Starter

Postby MattDeezy » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:20 am

Someone offered me Arcega-Whiteside or Tyrell Williams + Nyheim Hines for Parker. No thanks, I plan to hold unless I get offered a 1st, especially because I bought him for a 3rd in the offseason.
Team
1Q|2R|3W|1T|2FLX - 12 Team PPR

QB: Love, Richardson, Cousins, Flacco
RB: CMC, Bijan, Ford, Mitchell, Pierce, Kendre, Tucker
WR: Deebo, Wilson, Olave, Puka, Flowers, Addison, Jeudy, Jameson Williams, Burks
TE: McBride, Kincaid, Fant, Bellinger

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:12 am

Shcritters wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:28 pm https://mobile.twitter.com/RyanMc23/sta ... 0186014725

I think this points to a clear sell window in this offseason... likely going to beat the bushes to see what offers I can get.
I agree with trying to sell high, but that chart proves nothing. Sample size was likely very small for many of those players. Quite a few of them aren't particularly good players, so it's no surprise production wasn't consistent. Plus if Fitz was taking over, it's likely the QB play before he took over was horrendous, so improvement should be expected.

I can probably find numerous players who performed better without him than with him.

There is definitely merit to trying to sell high on Parker though. He's a big risk, although he's always had talent

ebsteelers
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ebsteelers » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:16 am

Shcritters wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:15 pm
So I started him again today and was thrilled with the outcome. This comes across as a demeaning comment, but I feel like this is the perfect storm for him - a team that needs to throw to put up points because of a really bad D, a QB in Fitz who is not at all afraid just to chuck it up for his WR's to go get, and not a lot of other options. I think he's gotten a bad rap because of the continual disappointment, but he's making up for lost time this year.

All that said, do you think you could get a 2020 1st for him after the season? I think I'd rather sit on him if I could only get a 2nd... he's only got one more year in MIA and could end up in a new location after next year (or in the offseason in a trade if they continue the fire sale). I only see things as going down for him - primarily because he's going to have a new QB next year who is less confident to just 'chuck it up' and he's also going to have Preston Williams back, maybe another WR, and Gesicki continuing to mature. All of those things will lead to fights for targets.

Thoughts?

how much better are the dolphins really going to be next year? they could be playing from behind a heck of a lot next year too, plus "garbage team" it seems like his numbers are doing fine in their competitive games. (all that said he only has 2 games with 100 plus yards) the eagles pass d is junk.

but yeah if I could move him for a first i'd take it. doubt that is attainable