Kyler Murray Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Floor/Ceiling for Murray

Postby notweswelker » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:17 pm

mild wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:57 pm
He definitely wasn't talking about SF. He should have gone 1.01 in every SF league. (Except mine, apparently, where the 1.01 galaxy-brained himself into N'Keal Harry - but who will now get the 1.01 again for his trouble/talent)

In 1QB... hard not to think redraft goes:
1. Jacobs
2. DK
3. Scary Terry
4. AJB ?
5. Miles Sanders ???
6. Hollywood Brown ?!?1?

I could see an owner wanting Kyler anywhere from 1.04 at this point if they had a QB need. He's going to be around for a long time.
THE MAN WAS BOLD, THE MAN WAS BRASH, THE MAN WAS not BRILLIANT

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:22 pm

mild wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:57 pm
CGW wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:20 pm
Valhalla wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:38 pm So...people argue that Murray was just over-hyped, shouldn't have been drafted so highly.

Redo the rookie draft today. Where do you take him? It might be a lot higher than you expect. There won't be a lot of rookies you can list as "I'd definitely want to take this guy" before you get to Murray.
In SF, he's still my 1.01 and it's not close. He's a QB1-2 as a rookie and foreseeable future.
He definitely wasn't talking about SF. He should have gone 1.01 in every SF league. (Except mine, apparently, where the 1.01 galaxy-brained himself into N'Keal Harry - but who will now get the 1.01 again for his trouble/talent)

In 1QB... hard not to think redraft goes:
1. Jacobs
2. DK
3. Scary Terry
4. AJB ?
5. Miles Sanders ???
6. Hollywood Brown ?!?1?

I could see an owner wanting Kyler anywhere from 1.04 at this point if they had a QB need. He's going to be around for a long time.
This is the exercise I was expecting someone to play out. Some might have Montgomery in there too...but no doubt Murray is still a consideration early on the board, even if you think he’s failing on the hype. I think he looks great. Just needs to have some tds. He sure looked good against arguably league best defense 49ers.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:40 pm

Valhalla wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:22 pmHe sure looked good against arguably league best defense 49ers.
He actually outscored the last 5 QBs to play against the 49ers COMBINED.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:04 pm

Looking better all the time.

STONKS RISING

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:51 pm

I'm buying where I can in the offseason. There's been so much promise on tape with this offense and Murray continues to make some very good throws. He's going to be ridiculous throwing out of the pocket and on the run. Right now, I would take him over Baker going forward.

If the Cardinals improve that offensive line, watch out.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:15 pm

Vcize wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:40 pm
Valhalla wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:22 pmHe sure looked good against arguably league best defense 49ers.
He actually outscored the last 5 QBs to play against the 49ers COMBINED.
At it again. Nice stats so far anyways, half way through the 2nd quarter.

chubnubbin
Starter
Starter

Postby chubnubbin » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:19 pm

looks very very good. starting to rush too.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:01 am

Considering his current level of success already as a rookie, and recent history of 2nd year QBs blowing up into MVP Candidates or winners (Wentz, Mahomes and now Lamar), I think buying him now or in the offseason if you can at solid price is a very wise move. His value could be on the verge of exploding.

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:20 pm

Bought him mid season for a projected late 2020 1st, Larry Fitzgerald and Dante Fowler (don't really care about the last two assets) in a 1 QB IDP league. I like what ive seen so far but i would like to see him run the ball more or at least more effectively. Seems he runs 6-9 times a game but only for about 30 yards. Aside from that hes currently ranked #6 overall in my league and considering hes a rookie on a bad team with a bad O line I'm enthusiastic about his future

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:23 pm

grandmabetty wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:20 pm Bought him mid season for a projected late 2020 1st, Larry Fitzgerald and Dante Fowler (don't really care about the last two assets) in a 1 QB IDP league. I like what ive seen so far but i would like to see him run the ball more or at least more effectively. Seems he runs 6-9 times a game but only for about 30 yards. Aside from that hes currently ranked #6 overall in my league and considering hes a rookie on a bad team with a bad O line I'm enthusiastic about his future
He's 2nd in the league in QB rushing yards, don't know how much more you could want. Lamar is just lapping the field.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:32 am

bjd5211 wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:01 am Considering his current level of success already as a rookie, and recent history of 2nd year QBs blowing up into MVP Candidates or winners (Wentz, Mahomes and now Lamar), I think buying him now or in the offseason if you can at solid price is a very wise move. His value could be on the verge of exploding.
x2 I think Murray is a clear prospect to buy right now. There's a fair chance Murray is a top-3 dynasty QB this time next year, possibly even top-2. And even if he regresses, his youth and rookie year success guarantees a good price floor as a top-10 dynasty QB.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
Captain
Captain

Postby qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:10 pm

I own him almost everywhere already, but I agree with buying him at his current price if you get the chance to do so.

I also think he is still flying under the radar a bit thanks to Lamar, and to a lesser extent a few other stories earlier in the year a la Minshew. If he had put up these numbers 3 years ago or so I feel like he would have been a much bigger story.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:09 am

Ain't no one selling this guy cheap at this point. I drafted him 1.01 in both my Superflexes and was hoping he'd fall to 1.11 in my 16-team 1QB league.

Dude is pace for almost 4000 yards passing, 20 TDs and less than 8 INTs. And he's gonna rush for another 600 or so yards and 4-5 TDs. Dude has looked very solid playing for a suspect offense that has forced him to play dink and dunk. Give this man a good line and healthy dangerous WRs, and he will be Russel Wilson 2.0.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:28 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:09 am Ain't no one selling this guy cheap at this point. I drafted him 1.01 in both my Superflexes and was hoping he'd fall to 1.11 in my 16-team 1QB league.

Dude is pace for almost 4000 yards passing, 20 TDs and less than 8 INTs. And he's gonna rush for another 600 or so yards and 4-5 TDs. Dude has looked very solid playing for a suspect offense that has forced him to play dink and dunk. Give this man a good line and healthy dangerous WRs, and he will be Russel Wilson 2.0.
It won't be cheap right now, but could end up being a bargain in comparison to what he could cost a year from now.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:44 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:09 am Ain't no one selling this guy cheap at this point. I drafted him 1.01 in both my Superflexes and was hoping he'd fall to 1.11 in my 16-team 1QB league.

I like Kyler. I don't like the idea of simply saying he's going to be as good as possibly the best QB in the game, though. He may. I will be trying to acquire him in some SF leagues, I had my doubts about being as good as Russ, but I like his game. As to the 4000 yards, most people could throw for that with the amount of attempts he gets. That's kind of the point though. He's good, AND he gets a ton of attempts. He looks like a good Fantasy option moving forward. I don't think the Cardinals will find a ton of success as a team running that scheme, but who cares?

The thing I like about Kyler, is he avoids contact well. As a smaller QB, that matters. I think there are some things he can get better at, but I expect him to. There may be some struggles, the league will have a years worth of tape on this offense, and Defensive coaches are good at adjusting to things in year 2. I still expect Kyler to do well as a QB overall, though, for FF purposes.

He won't be cheap, but he may be compared to his value in another year or two. Look at what Josh Allen will worth after year 2, compared to year 1.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick