Marquise Brown is the best value in the draft

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Marquise Brown is the best value in the draft

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:07 pm

Haven't checked in on this in a while.

Brown is up to 35/519/6 in 9 games, which is pretty good. His outlook also appears to be much more optimistic with Lamar Jackson turning into a Top-5 QB and MVP candidate, and Brown showing no ill effects of the LisFranc injury.

I'm interested to see his separation numbers at the end of the season, but so far it's pretty obvious he was a steal at his price tag in the summer.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:03 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:07 pm Haven't checked in on this in a while.

Brown is up to 35/519/6 in 9 games, which is pretty good. His outlook also appears to be much more optimistic with Lamar Jackson turning into a Top-5 QB and MVP candidate, and Brown showing no ill effects of the LisFranc injury.

I'm interested to see his separation numbers at the end of the season, but so far it's pretty obvious he was a steal at his price tag in the summer.
I mentioned it in the Lamar thread... Interesting how his situation went from so bad, to so good that people are saying it was never that bad lol

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:57 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:03 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:07 pm Haven't checked in on this in a while.

I mentioned it in the Lamar thread... Interesting how his situation went from so bad, to so good that people are saying it was never that bad lol
I think it's more people thought it would be bad, turns out its been pretty good, I thought their defence would be shite this year and obviously I was wrong. No one is moving the goal posts, they were just flat out wrong in their projections of this team.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:20 pm

It's still an average situation, even with Lamar playing so well. The Ravens just don't throw that much. He's done very well with the chances he's had though.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Postby PR0v3 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:31 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:20 pm It's still an average situation, even with Lamar playing so well. The Ravens just don't throw that much. He's done very well with the chances he's had though.
Lamar is 18th in yards and 1st in TDs. It’s an average situation this year, at worst, which is a far cry from the preseason when it was considered the worst spot in the league. Going forward it is about as good a situation you could hope for. Hollywood is the first read and best friend of one of the most promising QBs in the league.
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:40 am

Nice little bit of film breakdown here on Jackson's 5 TD's from Monday night. The second Hollywood route in particular is nice - shows a lovely headfake to spring his route open. Little details like that are exactly what made me excited for Hollywood coming into this year. I still believe he's the best pure route runner from this rookie class (along with the gamebreaking speed).

https://youtu.be/sB5vYrYZlws

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:16 pm

Question is with tate out should I start him this week in a must win? My only other option is James White.

Shankopotamus
Starter
Starter

Postby Shankopotamus » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:24 pm

I am, but my only other choice is Corey Davis. Also in a win or toilet bowl scenario.
12 Team Super-Flex TEP Dynasty
22 CHAMP :dance:
(2019 & 2020 Runner-Up) :wall:

1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, Flex, SF, 2 TE

3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 1 Flex IDP

QB- Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota, Gardner Minshew, Sam Ehlinger
RB- D’Andre Swift, Nick Chubb, Javonte Williams, Cam Akers, Kyren Williams, Jerome Ford, D’Ernest Johnson, Darrell Henderson
WR- DK Metcalf, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Jameson Williams, Gabe Davis, Hollywood Brown, Josh Reynolds, Calvin Austin, Laviska Shenault, Kyle Phillips
TE-Mark Andrews, Greg Dulcich, Isaiah Likely, Donald Parham, Tyler Conklin
DL-Danielle Hunter, Nick Bosa, Deforest Buckner, Jonathon Allen
LB- Micah Parsons, Jack Sanborn, Logan Wilson, Cole Holcomb, Nakobe Dean, Brian Asamoah
DB-Jeremy Chinn, Jalen Pitre, Jalen Thompson, Kam Curl, Darrick Forrest
K-Tyler Bass

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:47 pm

Shankopotamus wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:24 pm I am, but my only other choice is Corey Davis. Also in a win or toilet bowl scenario.
Ouch, Brown vs the niners or Davis... That is rough

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:31 pm

My magic 8 ball says corey will have a big game!!!

...I need to be right one of these days.
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

Shankopotamus
Starter
Starter

Postby Shankopotamus » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:06 pm

Went with Hollywood. Neither did anything, and it looks like I'm gonna win with a decent performance from Diggs.
12 Team Super-Flex TEP Dynasty
22 CHAMP :dance:
(2019 & 2020 Runner-Up) :wall:

1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, Flex, SF, 2 TE

3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 1 Flex IDP

QB- Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota, Gardner Minshew, Sam Ehlinger
RB- D’Andre Swift, Nick Chubb, Javonte Williams, Cam Akers, Kyren Williams, Jerome Ford, D’Ernest Johnson, Darrell Henderson
WR- DK Metcalf, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Jameson Williams, Gabe Davis, Hollywood Brown, Josh Reynolds, Calvin Austin, Laviska Shenault, Kyle Phillips
TE-Mark Andrews, Greg Dulcich, Isaiah Likely, Donald Parham, Tyler Conklin
DL-Danielle Hunter, Nick Bosa, Deforest Buckner, Jonathon Allen
LB- Micah Parsons, Jack Sanborn, Logan Wilson, Cole Holcomb, Nakobe Dean, Brian Asamoah
DB-Jeremy Chinn, Jalen Pitre, Jalen Thompson, Kam Curl, Darrick Forrest
K-Tyler Bass

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:48 pm

MrUbuto wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:31 pm My magic 8 ball says corey will have a big game!!!

Maybe next week. :lol:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:50 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:48 pm
MrUbuto wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:31 pm My magic 8 ball says corey will have a big game!!!

Maybe next week. :lol:
It's not going to happen. Stop trying to make Corey Davis a thing. This is me, attempting to accept reality.

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:01 am

remedy29 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 4:55 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 7:56 pm
Last year, Jackson started 7 games, and totalled 158 attempts. Extrapolated over 16 games, that's 361 attempts. To reach 475 attempts that would be an increase of roughly 32 percent.
The problem with this analysis, if your only consideration is what happened in 2018, then you have to extrapolate all of it, so let's give;

Baltimore wins 13 or 14 games.
Baltimore is number 1 playoff seed.
Lamar rushes for 1,400 yards.
Lamar is in top 2 in league with rushing.
With these results, Lamar is All Pro and MVP.

As a betting man, I'd want huge odds to bet on any of this happening.
So pretty much nailed his 2019 season. Too bad I didn't believe it and bet Lamar for MVP.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:22 am

remedy29 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:01 am
remedy29 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 4:55 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 7:56 pm
Last year, Jackson started 7 games, and totalled 158 attempts. Extrapolated over 16 games, that's 361 attempts. To reach 475 attempts that would be an increase of roughly 32 percent.
The problem with this analysis, if your only consideration is what happened in 2018, then you have to extrapolate all of it, so let's give;

Baltimore wins 13 or 14 games.
Baltimore is number 1 playoff seed.
Lamar rushes for 1,400 yards.
Lamar is in top 2 in league with rushing.
With these results, Lamar is All Pro and MVP.

As a betting man, I'd want huge odds to bet on any of this happening.
So pretty much nailed his 2019 season. Too bad I didn't believe it and bet Lamar for MVP.
Well, he's at 370 attempts with 2 games left, so I don't think he hits 47, unless he has 105 attempts in the last 2 games. So I was correct on that. :lol:

You should have put some money down, no doubt.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick