Ethical Dilemma

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Jcedwards
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Ethical Dilemma

Postby Jcedwards » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:19 am

Thanks everyone for the input. I felt like this was wrong, but I wanted to make sure that I wasn't overreacting or missing something. I straight up told the commish my thoughts and that I would be leaving the league if nothing was done about it. I'm not going to stay in a league that allows this type of activity to occur.

The Golladay trade itself was a horrendous one. Golladay is worth more than that entire package, and then DJ and 20 2nd on top of that is nuts. I'm not normally one to veto trades either, but that one is close to collusion IMO. I know that myself and another guy have offered better packages for Golladay and were shot down, so that also raised a red flag for me that he accepted this trade. I'd still hate the situation if literally anything was going back in the Gus trade, but it wouldn't be as big a deal, but trading for absolutely nothing is wrong.
12 team .5 PPR league. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX, 1 D/ST, 1 K, 13 BN, 1 IR

2019 and 2020 Champion

QB- Mahomes / Purdy
RB- Barkley / Pollard / Kamara / Brian Robinson / Dillon / Charbonnet / Dowdle
WR- ARSB / Amari Cooper / Ridley / Diontae Johnson / Michael Thomas / Doubs / Wicks
TE- Goedert / Waller
D/ST- Bills / Dolphins / Chiefs
K- Butker

Taxi- Levis / Roschon Johnson / Jameson Williams / Michael Wilson / Okonkwo

Picks- 2023: 1.02, 1.11, 2.10, 2.11, 3.11, 4.10, 4.11

mgregoirec
Captain
Captain

Postby mgregoirec » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:54 am

Yup, you have to leave.
2022 Back to back champion
2021 Champion
Briseur de cennes - 14-team half-PPR w/ IDP - 4 keepers, Est. 2017
7-1

QB : Jordan Love
RB : D'Andre Swift, Josh Jacobs, Gus Edwards, Ezekiel Elliott, Antonio Gibson
WR : Justin Jefferson, Ja’marr Chase, AJ Brown, Quentin Johnston, Jahan Dotson
TE : Mark Andrews
DL : Sam Hubbard
LB : Foye Oluokun, Micah Parsons
DB : Julian Love

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:02 pm

Jcedwards wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:06 pm
TEAM A trades Golladay, David Johnson, 2020 2nd
TEAM B trades Marvin Jones, Ballage, 3 3rds (2 2020, 1 2021)

Well the same 2 teams made another trade of Team B trading Gus Edwards to Team A for absolutely nothing.
To me, due to the rules of the league, this is actually fine tbh. I mean the values are way off, but Team A and B realized after the trade was made, that it wouldn't be allowed because Team A was going to lose their 2nd round pick. (Or I guess if it went through they were going to lose their 1st). So they essentially modified the trade to include Edwards going to A so that Team A could play him and therefor get the 2020 2nd. It was in Team B's best interest to send Gus Edwards for nothing because they aren't actually receiving nothing, they are receiving Golladay, DJ, and the 2020 20nd. For Team A, I have no idea why they want to make the deal, but hey if they like the 3rds, Ballage, and Jones thats their buisness, they got an additional asset in Edwards.

Should the teams have realized there was a problem beforehand? yes, but they fixed the trade that wouldn't have worked.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:18 pm

abloom wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:02 pm

Well the same 2 teams made another trade of Team B trading Gus Edwards to Team A for absolutely nothing.
To me, due to the rules of the league, this is actually fine tbh. I mean the values are way off, but Team A and B realized after the trade was made, that it wouldn't be allowed because Team A was going to lose their 2nd round pick. (Or I guess if it went through they were going to lose their 1st). So they essentially modified the trade to include Edwards going to A so that Team A could play him and therefor get the 2020 2nd. It was in Team B's best interest to send Gus Edwards for nothing because they aren't actually receiving nothing, they are receiving Golladay, DJ, and the 2020 20nd. For Team A, I have no idea why they want to make the deal, but hey if they like the 3rds, Ballage, and Jones thats their buisness, they got an additional asset in Edwards.

Should the teams have realized there was a problem beforehand? yes, but they fixed the trade that wouldn't have worked.
so to you it is fine to not care enough about the league, or your own draft picks, to be bothered to set your lineup, BUT pay enough attention to make a bad trade for that same team?

its fishy as hell my man
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:16 pm

BigBawseRoss wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:18 pm

so to you it is fine to not care enough about the league, or your own draft picks, to be bothered to set your lineup, BUT pay enough attention to make a bad trade for that same team?

its fishy as hell my man
I said the values are way off. The question was is it ethical to trade a player for nothing. I said in this case it was.

As for the question as to whether the OP should stay in this league, no I wouldn't stay here.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

Jcedwards
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Jcedwards » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:46 am

Thanks everyone. What makes it even worse is that the commish talked to the parties involved (he actually works with them) and one of them said that they “forgot” to include Gus, so the commissioner believed that and is letting the trade stand. If he would take a step back and look at the entire situation, I think he would see why myself and a couple others are mad about it. Also, he still hasn’t taken the picks away from the 1 team from not starting 2 players. So needless to say, I’m still mad about the entire situation.

2019 and 2020 Champion

QB- Mahomes / Purdy
WR- ARSB / Amari Cooper / Ridley / Diontae Johnson / Michael Thomas / Doubs / Wicks
TE- Goedert / Waller
K- Butker

Adam_172
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Adam_172 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:09 am

I wouldn't trade Golladay alone for that pile of junk, let alone add DJ AND a 2nd!

Leave the league at the end of the season and have no regrets.
TEAM 1
Dynasty PPR 1QB (12 Team League)

QB - Murray, Fields, Pickett, Howell.
RB - Gibbs, R. White, Swift, Javonte Williams, Charbonnet, Allegier, Tank Bigsby, Penny.
WR - Nacua, Dell, Hollywood, Jameson Williams, Burks, Mooney, Atwell, Melton, Phillips, Washington, Lazard.
TE - Ferguson, Mayer, Knox.
DEF - Bills, Vikings.

Rookie Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 3.02, 4.02 and 5.02.

TEAM 2
Dynasty PPR - SuperFlex and TE Prem. (16 teams)

QB - Prescott, Pickett, Ridder, Mariota, Mullins, Willis.
RB - Walker III, R. White, Montgomery, Singletary, R. Jones, Mack, Hull, Sermon.
WR - Adams, Higgins, Watson, Meyers, Gabe Davis, W. Robinson, Dotson, Raymond, ARob.
TE - McBride, H. Henry, B. Jordan, Bates, B. Hopkins.

Rookie Picks: 2.14 and 3.14.

Mephistopheles
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mephistopheles » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:01 am

Who the bloody bleep trades Golladay for Marvin Jones....and adds to it???

The Edwards thing isn't an issue...that's just the Team B realizing that the trade was in jeopardy and throwing an RB at Team A to keep it from being overturned.

The real issue IMO is that Team A rejected much better and more valuable offers from you (and others?) for Golladay in favor of this trash. In the leagues that I commish, when someone says they made a better offer than a trade that was accepted, I sit up and take notice and investigate. That's one of the most certain indicators of collusion as there gets in this game.

You say Team A is new to the league...How did Team A get admitted/referred to the league? Did Team B have anything to do with it?

Regardless of anything...run and don't look back. Good luck.
PSA - Haggling is NOT the same as negotiating.

Jcedwards
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Jcedwards » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:50 pm

Mephistopheles wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:01 am Who the bloody bleep trades Golladay for Marvin Jones....and adds to it???

The Edwards thing isn't an issue...that's just the Team B realizing that the trade was in jeopardy and throwing an RB at Team A to keep it from being overturned.

The real issue IMO is that Team A rejected much better and more valuable offers from you (and others?) for Golladay in favor of this trash. In the leagues that I commish, when someone says they made a better offer than a trade that was accepted, I sit up and take notice and investigate. That's one of the most certain indicators of collusion as there gets in this game.

You say Team A is new to the league...How did Team A get admitted/referred to the league? Did Team B have anything to do with it?

Regardless of anything...run and don't look back. Good luck.
The commish referred Team A to the league. He works with this guy, but Team B also works with those 2 as well.

2019 and 2020 Champion

QB- Mahomes / Purdy
TE- Goedert / Waller
K- Butker

PTW32
Captain
Captain

Postby PTW32 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:31 pm

This is how I feel, the 2nd trade was really just part of the 1sts trade.

I've actually done something semi simular.

One of my league is 16 keepers and an 8 round rookie/FA draft. Every team must have 8 picks in those 8 rounds (no more no less) but yahoo show picks for like 20 rounds. So after a few counters back and forth with a guy i received and offer of a 1st and a 2nd for Singletary, Penny, a 8th and a 9th. I accepted and then realized this game me 9 picks and him 7. I didnt want the trade overturned so I quickly sent him an offer of a 8th for the 9th he just got from me to put us back on track. Technically the 2nd trade was something (a pick the exists) for nothing (a pick that doesnt)

Anyway as for this situation, I think the bigger issue is that the guy cant be bothered to set a lineup. Its one thing if it happens bc julio is a late scratch on a holiday when people are busy, but 2 weeks in a row and 3 spots the 2nd week is hard to excuse.
Team 1 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 3Flex

QB: Feilds, Lance, Stafford
RB: Javonte, Charbonnet
WR: Godwin, Boyd, Aiyuk, Mingo, Downs
TE: Kincaid, Kraft, Schoonmaker

Team 2 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3Flex
QB: Lamar, Baker
RB: Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, Ekeler, Sanders, Dillon, Pierce
WR: Diggs, Hill, Lockett, Addison
TE: Andrews, Hurst, Logan Thomas

Team 3 12 Team PPR (keep 16)
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3Flex

QB: Kyler, Feilds
RB: CMC, Javonte, Dobbins, Dillo, Brian Robinson
WR: AJB, Godwin, DJ Moore, Keenan, Lamb, Burks, Toney
TE: Kittle, Hockenson

Eight7Seven
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Eight7Seven » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:27 am

I don't think this is collusion, I think it's more likely that the owner who traded away Golladay is ignorant of dynasty values and got fleeced by his co-worker. I think it's unlikely that he's very invested in the league as a whole. The problem is he paid his dues and gets to run his team as he sees fit. Like many have suggested I'd also be quitting this league in the off season.
Team One: Children of the Light
12 Team PPR- Superflex- Dynasty - Start 9

QB: Herbert, Watson, Young, Cousins
HB: Bijan, Etienne, J.Jacobs, Najee, D.Harris, J.Ford
WR: Olave, Smith-Njigba, Pittman, Jeudy, Jameson, A.Cooper, Cooks, P.Cambell, T.Marshall, Boutte (T.S.)
TE: Hockenson, Kmet, L.Schoonmaker, Likely (T.S.)
Picks: 2024 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd & 3rd

Team Two: One Nation
12 Team IDP- PPR- Superflex- Dynasy - 8 Offensive Starters- 1 DL, 1 EDR, 2 LB, 2 DB, 1DP (DL/LB/DB)

QB: Mahomes, Love, Lance, Purdy
HB: Chubb, Etienne, Akers, Dillion, J.Cook, P.Strong (T.S.), Z.White (T.S.)
WR: Waddle, Jameson, A.Cooper, “Bayou”.Michael.Thomas, Pickens, T.Marshall
TE: Waller, I.Smith.Jr, Otton (T.S.)
LB: D.Lloyd, Q.Walker, D.Long, J.Baker, J.Jewel
DB: J.Chinn, J.Pitre, J.Brisker
DL/ER: S.Hubbard, K.Mack, K.Paye
Picks: '23 1.05, 1.07, 1.12 & 3.07