General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Lamar Jackson is the best QB in the NFL & Fantasy

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:15 pm

PR0v3 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:05 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:03 pm
AussieMate wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:43 pm I also would take Mahomes over Jackson but I just feel so much safer with Mahomes long term, Jackson would definitely be 2nd though.
Yeah. I do worry about Lamar running this much. He doesn't avoid contact like someone like Russ. He's very slight, too. I would not be surprised if he gets hurt at some point, in fact I expect it. All QB's do. However the Ravens have a solid two year window where they can make a real push for a title, with Brady fading and the AFC very wide open, talking in real football terms.
Yea he is going to get hurt at some point, every single football player does. The question is how bad it will be and how much it will impact his play. This isn’t unique to Lamar, though.
Yep. Mahomes got hurt this year for instance. I worry that a major injury to Lamar will really limit the way he plays after it. It's fun to watch, as long as it lasts. I would just rather have Mahomes who is vastly more talented as a passer, and has some mobility, than a guy like Lamar who's legs really are the way they built the threat of this offense. Lamar can throw, but a ton of the high percentage throws he can make are due to the dual threat run game the Ravens have, which nobody in the NFL has to this level. If that threat is affected in any way, it affects the entire scheme.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:19 pm

PR0v3 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:15 pm
thebeast wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:10 pm Weird. I thought Mahomes was the qb that missed time this year due to injury...
He did. He also plays football so I would also expect him to get hurt.
Yeah, but to expect Lamar to be more injured than Mahomes is kind of dumb. The only way you think Mahomes is better today is if you own Mahomes and don’t own Jackson. I guarantee if you own both guys in different leagues that you wouldn’t trade Jackson for Mahomes straight up but you would sure consider trading Mahomes for Jackson.

PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Postby PR0v3 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:22 pm

thebeast wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:19 pm
thebeast wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:10 pm Weird. I thought Mahomes was the qb that missed time this year due to injury...
Yeah, but to expect Lamar to be more injured than Mahomes is kind of dumb. The only way you think Mahomes is better today is if you own Mahomes and don’t own Jackson. I guarantee if you own both guys in different leagues that you wouldn’t trade Jackson for Mahomes straight up but you would sure consider trading Mahomes for Jackson.
I agree. I’d rather have Jackson.
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:23 pm

PR0v3 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:22 pm
thebeast wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:19 pm

I agree. I’d rather have Jackson.
I don't have either, but I'd take Mahomes ten times out of ten. I think his ceiling/floor long term will be a much better choice.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:39 pm

It's hard to argue against Lamar..

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:42 pm

Phaded wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:39 pm It's hard to argue against Lamar..
Yep. Some people will foolishly try and predict the future instead of looking at what is actually happening.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:51 pm

Phaded wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:39 pm It's hard to argue against Lamar..
As the QB1 in Dynasty? I think he's a top option, but not THE top option in a format that you need to balance short and long term outlook. Still have to go Mahomes there, IMO.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:42 pm

thebeast wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:25 pm If they dispersed the whole league and started to draft all players again there is no doubt he would be picked 1.01 by all teams.
This is the dumbest and most wrong thing that has ever been said in this forum.

Even the Ravens would take Mahomes.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:11 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:42 pm
thebeast wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:25 pm If they dispersed the whole league and started to draft all players again there is no doubt he would be picked 1.01 by all teams.
This is the dumbest and most wrong thing that has ever been said in this forum.

Even the Ravens would take Mahomes.
Or trade back to the 1.02 and take Lamar there :lol: :lol:

You love to see the Ravens brass giving glowing remarks about how they knew they were getting their QB of the future, never doubted him as a prospect, etc - well gee, you sure didn't show that in the draft room, passing on him TWICE before finally pulling the trigger!
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:36 pm

Mahomes or Jackson?

Number 1 for me is still Russell Wilson.

Where Mahomes and Jackson will likely be slowed doen by NFL defenses as they get more acquainted with their weaknesses, Wilson is tried and true and is likely to be elite for at least the next 5 years.

The young QB whos breaking out is nice in theory, but a lot of these sensations slow down (Carson Wentz)

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:34 am

If there was a draft in the NFL of all players, a number of players would go ahead of LJ. Anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves.

Jackson is the #1 fantasy asset at this point, but I'm not sure if I'm personally convinced he's gonna keep things up for more than 2-3 years.

Think some teams will begin to figure out how to scheme against Jackson. Probably a hybrid approach to what San Diego did last year, heavy on man2man and lotta fast guys behind the line. Though I get that Baltimore can punish a light/fast defense NOW with Ingram...

Aross my three leagues and 5 starting QBs, I own both Mahones (yay!) and Jackson (yay!). I love Jackson, both as an asset and also as a dude and a good story. He's making a.lot of GMs and media pundits eat a shot load of crow.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:40 am

Running QBs always makes me worry. It only takes one leg injury to relegate him to that of a pocket passer. Cam Newton did great for 8 seasons but now what? Teddy Bridgewater with a leg injury. Deshaun Watson with a leg injury. RG3... if he was ever any good to begin with.

Russell Wilson is not a running QB. He is a pocket passer that sometimes has to scramble when forced to. That's the kind of QB I like. Lamar has plays designed specifically for him to run. That's scary to me.

But damn... if he can stay healthy, this guy is the guy I want in my lineup every week... I'm fighting with myself internally.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:35 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:40 am But damn... if he can stay healthy, this guy is the guy I want in my lineup every week... I'm fighting with myself internally.
It's kind of a moot point, though. If you don't own him by now... then good luck buying him.

He is a league winner. Single handedly powered me to a sweep of my 4 leagues today, at the start of the day I figured I was going 1-3. Punched my ticket for playoff byes and everything.

Wilson and Mahomes play a safer brand of football. I don't think any Lamar fan here is going to debate this point, and we might as well all leave it alone from here, because it's honestly getting boring (and because the pearl clutching is getting ridiculous).

However.

Name anyone else you'd rather turn on the TV and watch (and root for!) right now.

That's what I thought. 8-)

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:42 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:01 pm
bjd5211 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:58 pm Unlike the Rams they aren't aging and expensive.
No doubt. Their coverage over the middle tonight is embarrassing. A ton of high percentage throws over the middle, they are making it too easy for a guy of Lamar's talent. The Rams look washed. They are going to be in a cap nightmare with no picks very soon.
i don't know what was up with the rams d today but they were horrible from the very first snap when ingram ran through the heart of them for 11 yards. something was off today. and jackson threw on known passing downs, it's not like the ravens were trying to trick them. still the receivers were wide open and jackson had all the time in the world to make the throw. pathetic from the rams d.

worst was clay matthews. he may just be the worst edge rusher against running qbs in the history of the sport. he just runs inside all the time, even though he's been burnt so many times doing it. don't forget wilson had his best game of rushing against the rams this season as well. i think they need to sit him the next time they face a running qb. like next week against the cards.

just one of those days. i don't think it means anything long term.
Last edited by Kurt G.O.A.T. on Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:47 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:40 am Running QBs always makes me worry. It only takes one leg injury to relegate him to that of a pocket passer. Cam Newton did great for 8 seasons but now what? Teddy Bridgewater with a leg injury. Deshaun Watson with a leg injury. RG3... if he was ever any good to begin with.

Russell Wilson is not a running QB. He is a pocket passer that sometimes has to scramble when forced to. That's the kind of QB I like. Lamar has plays designed specifically for him to run. That's scary to me.

But damn... if he can stay healthy, this guy is the guy I want in my lineup every week... I'm fighting with myself internally.
what about when he ran into brockers? he got jacked up and got dumped into the ground. he got straight back up but one day a defender is gonna get him good and proper. it's inevitable. there are no such things as old running qbs.