David Johnson - Code Red Panic? - Traded to Houston

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Code Red Panic- David Johnson

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:23 am

Whoever said Drake would be a workhorse back and David Johnson would be benched by week 10 would've never have been taken seriously, but here we are

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:46 am

We see this time and time again with RBs and this is why I try not to value or rely on any RB off their rookie contract. RBs just seem to drop off a cliff when they are done and it looks like DJ is currently in free fall.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:57 am

I dont get it... If Kingsbury would just deactivate DJ because he his hurt no one would bat an eye, but since he is dressing him for no reason we all of a sudden think that he - who was a top 5-ish back through the first 6 weeks (was a top 10 back on arguably the worst offense in the league last year) and was the top back in the last season he played before that (2016) - sucks? Cmon now... thats kind of silly, the body of work is there, he needs to take a week or two off, get his body right, then get back to the norm.

And I dont even own him anymore, sold him, chase Edomnds, and a 2021 second for 2 mid 2020 firsts and a 2021 first in week 4 or 5
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:25 am

nathanq42 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:57 am I dont get it... If Kingsbury would just deactivate DJ because he his hurt no one would bat an eye, but since he is dressing him for no reason we all of a sudden think that he - who was a top 5-ish back through the first 6 weeks (was a top 10 back on arguably the worst offense in the league last year) and was the top back in the last season he played before that (2016) - sucks? Cmon now... thats kind of silly, the body of work is there, he needs to take a week or two off, get his body right, then get back to the norm.
right, you don't just dump a guy like DJ to the side in favor of Drake who now has 12 receptions for 19 yards the past 2 games. Those are Kalen Ballage numbers. I think the coaching staff is trying to throw DJ under the bus. Or, if he's still hurt maybe trying to get him through the bye to heal up.

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:45 am

Grasping at straws here ... but maybe Kingsbury thinks having DJ active makes the Cardinals hard to prepare for??? That charade won’t last long.

If DJ is injury, then the Cardinals need to face sanctions from NFL ... IIRC, DJ wasn’t even listed on their injury report.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:31 pm

It's a weird situation no doubt but code red, not quite yet. Drake has been mediocre as usual. DJ will get his shot once he's healthy.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:09 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:31 pm It's a weird situation no doubt but code red, not quite yet. Drake has been mediocre as usual. DJ will get his shot once he's healthy.
If he isn't healthy, then why is he not carrying a designation? As someone already pointed out, the Cards could face penalties for this. Even if they list him as probable, they would avoid that. I was under the assumption that if they see the trainer/team doctor for anything, they have to be listed.

Either way, DJ's value is tanked right now, and I don't think it will ever rise to where it was this off season. He will turn 28 next month, and will face injury and production concerns. He's probably a hold. Hoping no rebuilding teams have him, I can't see why they would, but that would be even worse.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:36 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:09 pm
Space Cowboy wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:31 pm It's a weird situation no doubt but code red, not quite yet. Drake has been mediocre as usual. DJ will get his shot once he's healthy.
If he isn't healthy, then why is he not carrying a designation? As someone already pointed out, the Cards could face penalties for this. Even if they list him as probable, they would avoid that. I was under the assumption that if they see the trainer/team doctor for anything, they have to be listed.

Either way, DJ's value is tanked right now, and I don't think it will ever rise to where it was this off season. He will turn 28 next month, and will face injury and production concerns. He's probably a hold. Hoping no rebuilding teams have him, I can't see why they would, but that would be even worse.
Well there's certainly a grey area here.

Is he nursing a messed up part xyz that renders him useless? No. Does he have something hampering/nagging him? More than likely.

Looks like Kingsbury wants to bring in his guys and DJ just doesn't seem to do it for him.

I still say he gets his chance, Drake is an appetizer and they don't run the ball enough. That passing attack is a bit of a mess.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:19 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:23 am Whoever said Drake would be a workhorse back and David Johnson would be benched by week 10 would've never have been taken seriously, but here we are
I think the second Drake arrived in AZ it definitely should have put DJ owners on notice...albeit...there wasn't a ton of time to react but still.

This wasn't Bo Scarborough or Jonathan Williams getting a shot to take the reigns, it was a "starter" who has shown some real flashes.

Whatever's going on, it ain't good.
Last edited by Servo on Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:19 pm

Kingsbury said he can’t figure out how to get DJ the ball... I’m done...

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:29 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:19 pm Kingsbury said he can’t figure out how to get DJ the ball... I’m done...
Its just hard to replicate 2.5 years of elite production and volume for one of the most versatile RBs in the league. There are too many options, he is good inside, outside, and in the air! It probably overloads Kingsbury's brain with the choices.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:12 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:36 pm

Is he nursing a messed up part xyz that renders him useless? No. Does he have something hampering/nagging him? More than likely.

Looks like Kingsbury wants to bring in his guys and DJ just doesn't seem to do it for him.

I still say he gets his chance, Drake is an appetizer and they don't run the ball enough. That passing attack is a bit of a mess.
I assume DJ will be elsewhere next season. The whole saga just seems so bizarre to me.
In an air-raid offense coach Kliffy can't figure out a way to work in DJ's receiving capabilities? DJ didn't look "elite" early this season but I thought he looked pretty good. I'm assuming there is more than meets the eye here.

Interesting scenario, DJ ends up with the Bucs in the off-season and goes off next season with Arians.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:16 pm

notweswelker wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:12 pm
Space Cowboy wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:36 pm

I assume DJ will be elsewhere next season. The whole saga just seems so bizarre to me.
In an air-raid offense coach Kliffy can't figure out a way to work in DJ's receiving capabilities? DJ didn't look "elite" early this season but I thought he looked pretty good. I'm assuming there is more than meets the eye here.

Interesting scenario, DJ ends up with the Bucs in the off-season and goes off next season with Arians.
I don't see them eating the cap hit if they cut him, and would be shocked if anyone traded for that contract. Doubt he's going anywhere.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:20 pm

Servo wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:19 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:23 am Whoever said Drake would be a workhorse back and David Johnson would be benched by week 10 would've never have been taken seriously, but here we are
I think the second Drake arrived in AZ it definitely should have put DJ owners on notice...albeit...there wasn't a ton of time to react but still.

This wasn't Bo Scarborough or Jonathan Williams getting a shot to take the reigns, it was a "starter" who has shown some real flashes.

Whatever's going on, it ain't good.
I was just referring to around the start of the season. Of course DJ owners were already a bit nervous after Edmonds showings. Trading for Drake could've been viewed as an Edmonds replacement. But now? His value is in free fall. I'm not sure I'm buying either

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:58 pm

Chwf3rd wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:31 am David Johnson and Leveon Bell are lesson #2,651 on not valuing RBs past age 27.
neither of these players are past age 27. I feel like we could replace IQ/citizenship/parenthood fitness tests with, "whats your take on David Johnson?"