More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Re: More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

Postby alewilliam789 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:49 am

Dude the quality of prospects in this RB class is ridiculous. Absolutely nuts. Hubbard, Dobbins, Taylor, Swift, Akers, Harris, and Dillon are all players I could see being starters at some point in their career. Freaking nuts
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:42 am

Tua carted off with a hip injury, looks pretty serious. Dude keeps getting banged up. Burrow will be the 1st QB taken.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:26 pm

Unfortunate for Tua, just gets getting dinged. No Bama in the playoff +injuries probably will drop him a spot or two. Who knows, maybe Young does go 1.01. Still think some team would pay to grab a qb there.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:51 pm

Early news looks pretty grave for Tua.
David J. Chao
@ProFootballDoc
Feel so bad for Tua.
By limited video, right hip posterior dislocation (hopefully no fracture).
And this from an orthopedic surgeon:
Calvin Wang
@calvin_wang
·
39m
Issue is he ripped all the capsule around the hip joint with dislocation. Look in Cart his right leg/knee is shorter. Usually only see in high speed MVAs etc. Risk of avascular necrosis. Long term consequences.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:35 pm

Lumps wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:51 pm Early news looks pretty grave for Tua.

Calvin Wang
@calvin_wang
·
39m
Issue is he ripped all the capsule around the hip joint with dislocation. Look in Cart his right leg/knee is shorter. Usually only see in high speed MVAs etc. Risk of avascular necrosis. Long term consequences.
Do you have an actual link to this quote? I've never heard of the guy and I can't find it. The only @calvin_wang I can find last tweeted a Papa John's ad on Halloween....

https://mobile.twitter.com/calvin_wang

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:43 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:35 pm
Lumps wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:51 pm Early news looks pretty grave for Tua.

Calvin Wang
@calvin_wang
·
39m
Do you have an actual link to this quote? I've never heard of the guy and I can't find it. The only @calvin_wang I can find last tweeted a Papa John's ad on Halloween....

https://mobile.twitter.com/calvin_wang
Was a reply to the 1st guys tweet. Grain of salt as always, but the content of the tweet lends some semblance of credibility. It's video guess work until we get actual word.

Even if it's *only* a dislocation... Dennis Pitta was the last one with one of those?

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:23 pm

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sp ... ssion=true

Obviously too early to say for sure without more information on how severe the injury was and if he suffered a fracture on top of the dislocation, but there is a chance this could be a career ending injury. I'm not a big Tua fan/believer compared to most, but no one wants to see anything like this and hopefully he avoids the worst case scenarios and can make a full recovery.

KingsKing
Captain
Captain

Postby KingsKing » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:14 pm

Its official, Dislocated hip with a fracture.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:19 pm

KingsKing wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:14 pm Its official, Dislocated hip with a fracture.
Aaron Suttles
@AaronSuttles
Breaking News: Tua Tagovailoa is out for the season with a dislocated hip with a posterior wall fracture, a person with knowledge of the situation tells me.

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:21 pm

Injuries like these make it paramount for the NFL to change their early entrant policies. If Tua would have declared last year he would have been among the top 5 picks. If Trevor Lawrence could have declared after his Freshman year he would have been a #1 overall pick. These players should have no restrictions by the NCAA or the NFL telling them when they should be ready.

Just like a regular job, when you are ready and you’ve shown you have the skills to excel in your position why wouldn’t you be able to apply for a job?

If this Tua’s injury is big enough this guy literally just lost millions of dollars/possibly hundreds of millions because the NFL tells him he needs to wait 3 years. While they are willing to cut some of these players if they deal with injuries due to the wear and tear of football.
Less hits=better health. Point blank common sense.

Sorry I’m frustrated right now. I jusr heard Saban go on the podium and basically say we wish him the best and take other questions. This mf had nothing more to prove and he was forced to come back and basically destroy his career.
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:22 pm

Lumps wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:19 pm
KingsKing wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:14 pm Its official, Dislocated hip with a fracture.
Aaron Suttles
@AaronSuttles
Breaking News: Tua Tagovailoa is out for the season with a dislocated hip with a posterior wall fracture, a person with knowledge of the situation tells me.
Yikes ... that doesn’t sound good. I know it’s been about 30+ years and a lot has changed with medical techniques & rehab, but my mind goes right to Bo Jackson’s career ending.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:24 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:42 am Tua carted off with a hip injury, looks pretty serious. Dude keeps getting banged up. Burrow will be the 1st QB taken.
Obviously, now.

It really sucks for Tua. He was the best prospect in quite some time. Now his career may be in jeopardy. Very unfortunate.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:30 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:24 pm
bjd5211 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:42 am Tua carted off with a hip injury, looks pretty serious. Dude keeps getting banged up. Burrow will be the 1st QB taken.
Obviously, now.

It really sucks for Tua. He was the best prospect in quite some time. Now his career may be in jeopardy. Very unfortunate.
I disagree on him being a generational type prospect and thought Burrow was better before this, but hopefully he can come back from this and get the chance to prove me wrong.

djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Postby djeternal2 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:37 pm

alewilliam789 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:21 pm Injuries like these make it paramount for the NFL to change their early entrant policies. If Tua would have declared last year he would have been among the top 5 picks. If Trevor Lawrence could have declared after his Freshman year he would have been a #1 overall pick. These players should have no restrictions by the NCAA or the NFL telling them when they should be ready.

Just like a regular job, when you are ready and you’ve shown you have the skills to excel in your position why wouldn’t you be able to apply for a job?

If this Tua’s injury is big enough this guy literally just lost millions of dollars/possibly hundreds of millions because the NFL tells him he needs to wait 3 years. While they are willing to cut some of these players if they deal with injuries due to the wear and tear of football.
Less hits=better health. Point blank common sense.

Sorry I’m frustrated right now. I jusr heard Saban go on the podium and basically say we wish him the best and take other questions. This mf had nothing more to prove and he was forced to come back and basically destroy his career.
Problem is we've seen kids come out under the current rules and they clearly aren't ready. Just look at Haskins this year to name one name. Look at the 2018 QB prospects Darnold struggling, Mayfield has taken 2 steps back, Allen still wildly inaccurate, Rosen who knows as he's been in literally an unprecedented situation his first 1.5 years. So for a class that was touted the best QB class in years there's 1 that's actually performing 1.5 years in and that's because he's running a college offense in the NFL because that's what fits his skill set. You think this would get better if these guys could've come out 1 or 2 years earlier?
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:40 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:30 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:24 pm
Obviously, now.

I disagree on him being a generational type prospect and thought Burrow was better before this, but hopefully he can come back from this and get the chance to prove me wrong.
Fair, but according to Dilfer and a lot of others he'd spoken to in the profession of scouting etc., that was the consensus.

Regardless, I hope Tua can come back. Saban said that was going to be his last drive of the game, too. :wall:

Dennis Pita is a player who came back from a hip fracture. Hoping Tua can do the same. Hearing it could be similar to Bo Jackson's injury. Surgery etc. has come a long way since then, I just hope he's OK.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick