Diontae Johnson is...... maybe really really good?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: Diontae Johnson is...... maybe really really good?

Postby Ice » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:12 am

Think he has a bright future but no way I trade Brown away for him. Brown is way more of a plus athlete especially on the speed front where Brown is elite. Johnson is a 4.53 guy.

I did draft Johnson in the early 3rd in an IDP league because I had a high second round grade on him. He is really smooth in routes and has great lateral quickness. He is pretty raw but picking up the NFL game quickly. His separation comes from his routes which is a good thing and will get better with experience.

Way too soon to think he could be #1 on his team but worth trading for if prices are reasonable. I had M. Brown the 2nd best WR in the draft so that deal is not close IMO.

I really like his upside as a solid WR 3-4 fantasy play with upside.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:22 am

Ice wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:12 am Think he has a bright future but no way I trade Brown away for him. Brown is way more of a plus athlete especially on the speed front where Brown is elite. Johnson is a 4.53 guy.

I did draft Johnson in the early 3rd in an IDP league because I had a high second round grade on him. He is really smooth in routes and has great lateral quickness. He is pretty raw but picking up the NFL game quickly. His separation comes from his routes which is a good thing and will get better with experience.

Way too soon to think he could be #1 on his team but worth trading for if prices are reasonable. I had M. Brown the 2nd best WR in the draft so that deal is not close IMO.

4.47 vs. 4.53 isn't much. Especially, since that was quite a while ago for AB. But like I said, having AB expectations is too much for any rookie.

Also, interesting that on the combine page they likened him to Manny Sanders, which might be a more reasonable expectation. https://www.nfl.com/prospects/diontae-j ... 54dee114ed

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:34 am

Lumps wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:22 am
Ice wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:12 am Think he has a bright future but no way I trade Brown away for him. Brown is way more of a plus athlete especially on the speed front where Brown is elite. Johnson is a 4.53 guy.

4.47 vs. 4.53 isn't much. Especially, since that was quite a while ago for AB. But like I said, having AB expectations is too much for any rookie.

Also, interesting that on the combine page they likened him to Manny Sanders, which might be a more reasonable expectation. https://www.nfl.com/prospects/diontae-j ... 54dee114ed
I was referring to Marquise Brown's speed which is elite. M. Brown is one of the fastest humans on the planet. Mentioned him due to OP's original question.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:47 am

Ice wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:34 am
Lumps wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:22 am

I was referring to Marquise Brown's speed which is elite. M. Brown is one of the fastest humans on the planet. Mentioned him due to OP's original question.
Ah my bad. I was wondering how we got to trading AB for him.... and at this point... maybe why you WOULDN'T !? :lol: :lol:

Yeah I'd still rather Marquise at this point.

trc
Captain
Captain

Postby trc » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:13 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:50 pm He's good, but he's not better than Juju. I'd give a 2nd for him. I could see him being a decent number 2, but I have concerns about the QB situation in the Steel City.
I would be surprised if anyone is selling for a 2nd.
He is pacing something like 50/600/5 - nothing extraordinaire, but that is better than you could expect of a 2nd round rookie pick, in his rookie season.

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:39 pm

I have him, I loved him as a prospect and spent a ton of my FAAB on him after the draft because I didn’t have any 3rds.

Basically, I think his ceiling is higher than JuJu’s. This is not an overreaction at all (I swear), you can track me saying in the off-season COUNTLESS of times about how I truly believed JuJu would struggle mightily playing out of the slot and without AB. This is because JuJu primarily put up ridiculous numbers out of like 70 percent of the slot last year, which you just don’t see. He struggled greatly in press coverage, and often couldn’t beat elite corners 1 on 1 (or not at a significant rate compared to out of the slot ).

Harris football did a sick film review about how open juju was on tons of the big plays he made last year because of AB drawing entire defenses his way (no joke). I linked it then when everyone was arguing about JuJu being more valuable than Hopkins this year (which I was strongly against.) JuJu is immensely talented still. We’ve seen him moss a db this year, make great sideline catches last year, toe tap in the back of the end zone, as well as house several slants; however, I think many underestimated the “AB effect.”

This is not to say that Diontae will be better than JuJu ever, it’s just me saying that I believe that his game, if it gets polished eventually, has a higher ceiling than JuJu’s (I view Diontae Johnson as an ab type player). Juju will probably still be a way better player overall and I’m just stressing once again that I only believe Johnson’s CEILING is higher. Now and for the definite foreseeable future JuJu’s value will be way higher. It honestly may take Johnson a bit just like AB to really polish his skill set. If he can get it down, he can be really really good WR.
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon Barkley , Breece Hall, Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, CEH
WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy
TE: Travis Kelce

2023 Picks: 1.4, 1.8, 2.9, 3.2, 3.6, 3.8

Dynasty Team 2:

10 Man, Half PPR, Double Flex

QB: Tua
RB: Barkley , Mixon, Javonte, Jacobs, CEH
WR: AJB, Tyreek, Lamb, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Kittle

2022 Picks: 1.5, 1.6, 2.3
2023 Picks: 2 x 1st, 2 x 2nd

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:15 am

Damn, I hope the kid is ok after last night. Fingers crossed we get a good update on him today.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:50 am

Diontae Johnson
@Juiceup__3
·
34m
Appreciate all the prayers man.. I’m doing good. I’ll be back
🙏🏾

Slackalacker
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Slackalacker » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:15 pm

Both him and Juju got rocked in last nights game. Diontae got knocked so hard on that illegal hit that his ear was bleeding

https://mobile.twitter.com/wes_nship/st ... ame=iossmf
TEAM 1 - 10 team SF 1PPR | 2017 & 2019 League Champ
1QB/1SF/2RB/2WR/1TE/2FLEX
QB: Dak - Hurts - DangeRuss - Tua - Z Wilson - Mills
RB: Barkley - Zeke - Sanders - Pollard - Patterson - D’Ernest - Jermar - Evans - Jones
WR: Hill - JJeff - Higgins - Hollywood - MThom(IR) - Godwin(IR) - E Moore - Marshall Jr - Calloway - Palmer - D Brown
TE: Hock - Moreau

repeatoffender115
Role Player
Role Player

Postby repeatoffender115 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:10 pm

I dropped Dante Pettis for Dionte Johnson. I'd do that 100 more times out of 100.
The Magi (1QB, 1-2 RB, 2-4 WR, 1-2 TE, 1/2 PPR)
QB: Fields, Geno, Purdy
RB: Ekeler, Dobbins, Akers, D Harris, Foreman
WR: Allen, Deebo, Waddle, Higgins, Thielen, D Mooney, Wan'dale
TE: Andrews, Hockenson, Likely

2023: 1.12, 2.12
2024: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x

Der Kommissar (1 QB, 1-2 RB, 2-4 WR, 1-2 TE, 1/2 PPR)
QB: Herbert
RB: N Harris, Dobbins, Dillon, Foreman
WR: Higgins, London, Burks, Watson, Meyers, Moore, Metchie, Shaheed
TE: Andrews, Otton, Likely
2023: 1.4, 2.4, 2.7, 2.9
2024: 1.x, 2.x

Smoke and Mirrors (1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 2 RB/WR/TE Flex, PPR)
QB: K Murray, J Goff
RB: Zeke, Cook, CEH, Ekeler, Montgomery, Singletary
WR: Adams, Godwin, DJ Moore, A Rob, D Johnson, Marshall, D Smith, Gallup
TE: Waller, Goedert, Jordan

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:17 pm

repeatoffender115 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:10 pm I dropped Dante Pettis for Dionte Johnson. I'd do that 100 more times out of 100.
Surprised he was available. Must be a 10 team league.

That was a smart play nonetheless.

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:59 am

It’ll be fun to see how Diontae Johnson plays tomorrow with JuJu out. I’m hoping he makes the most out of the situation.
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon Barkley , Breece Hall, Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, CEH
WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy
TE: Travis Kelce

2023 Picks: 1.4, 1.8, 2.9, 3.2, 3.6, 3.8

Dynasty Team 2:

10 Man, Half PPR, Double Flex

QB: Tua
RB: Barkley , Mixon, Javonte, Jacobs, CEH
WR: AJB, Tyreek, Lamb, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Kittle

2022 Picks: 1.5, 1.6, 2.3
2023 Picks: 2 x 1st, 2 x 2nd

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:17 am

Kmani6 wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:59 am It’ll be fun to see how Diontae Johnson plays tomorrow with JuJu out. I’m hoping he makes the most out of the situation.
Is this guy still QB? Yeahhhhh

Generic Username
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Generic Username » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:56 pm

The only thing making me think he’s a worthy option to start is PIT still thinking they’re in the playoff hunt. So with Juju and Conner out, they’ll need to be passing often