Week 11 Discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Week 11 Discussion

Postby Friction » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:58 am

All this on-field violence, when the players should have gathered in a circle to talk about conflict resolution! I thought we were going to get another "Malice in the Palace" incident.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:59 am

Regardless of what Rudolph did, Garrett is in for a lengthy suspension with anger management classes thrown in for good measure.

He used a weapon on national TV and people go to jail for less.

I get the heat of the moment arguments but the league will make an example of him far more than the others involved IMO.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:12 am

Ice wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:55 am
perkinsrooster wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:06 pm Mayfield looked pretty bad tonight. OBJ ran a tight route in the 4th quarter and he threw it like 20 yards over his head.
Looked to me like Odell ran an out so thinking that was the right route may be wrong completely.

That ball was placed at the line and if Odell didn’t run to the flat but angled to the boundary it would have hit him in the hands.

They were not on the same page, no way of knowing who was actually at fault there but those 2 need to get on the same page.

After watching that play a few a times it is pretty obvious Mayfield was throwing to a specific spot on the field in a timing route.

One of them obviously made a mistake.
Yeah, it struck me as a miscommunication rather than a massive overthrow.

Mayfield has looked quite good with Landry because he had the opportunity to develop chemistry.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:16 am

Needalife wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:15 pm I always expect that a hockey fight would eventually go in that direction one day.
It has a few times in NHL, not too often. Burtuzzi got charged with and pled guilty to criminal assault causing bodily harm for this sucker punch.

https://youtu.be/Fz9RE9RGrVY

Marty Mcsorely was found guilty of assault with a weapon for slashing Brashear in the head with his stick. Frankly, this applies spot on to Garrett here.

https://youtu.be/cTbhwCedkQs

Cicarelli slashed Richardson in the face and butt ended him as well. Cicarelli was convicted of assault here

https://youtu.be/rxTNd9x8btc
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Kaz
Captain
Captain

Postby Kaz » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:46 am

Full disclosure, I'm a PIT fan. I waited until this morning to cool down and post my thoughts on the matter. Let's start with the big one... Garrett. He should be gone for the rest of the season, minimum. I'd honestly prefer an indefinite suspension, with him having to complete anger management courses and such to be available next season. He could have killed Rudolph if he had landed that helmet at the right angle. Rudolph isn't innocent here either. He did try to rip his helmet off, and I saw the groin kick, so I think a 2 game suspension for him. I'd give that same to the DT that came up and just leveled him as well. Now for Pouncey and Decastro... I don't think they should get any suspension, but I think a moderate fine is reasonable in the situation.
QB: Brees, Ryan
RB: J.Taylor, K.Hunt, R.Jones, Dillon, McKinnon
WR: D.Adams, T.Hill, A.Rob, Lockett, Anderson, P.Campbell, C.Samuel
TE: Kittle, Olsen, D.Sample
DL: Ngakoue, E.Griffen, J.Sweat, Bowser
LB: Mosley, D.Jones, Warner, Treviathan, R. Evans, Okereke, M.Harrison
DB: J.Johnson, T.Mathieu, T.Walker, J.Jones, X.Woods

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:19 am

In the morning I still have no clue how people are calling Pouncey an idiot. Are you kidding me?????? If someone did that to your QB would you seriously not want your OL to rip his head off.
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:21 am

Kaz wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:46 am Now for Pouncey and Decastro... I don't think they should get any suspension, but I think a moderate fine is reasonable in the situation.
and rudolph should pay it.
maybe pay them a brass too, he'd be on a wheelchair if it wasn't for them.

pouncey looked like a poor pro wrestler and made me chuckle, but did what he had to do.

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:24 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:21 am
Kaz wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:46 am Now for Pouncey and Decastro... I don't think they should get any suspension, but I think a moderate fine is reasonable in the situation.
and rudolph should pay it.
maybe pay them a brass too, he'd be on a wheelchair if it wasn't for them.
Agreed

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:35 am

Kaz wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:46 am Full disclosure, I'm a PIT fan. I waited until this morning to cool down and post my thoughts on the matter. Let's start with the big one... Garrett. He should be gone for the rest of the season, minimum. I'd honestly prefer an indefinite suspension, with him having to complete anger management courses and such to be available next season. He could have killed Rudolph if he had landed that helmet at the right angle. Rudolph isn't innocent here either. He did try to rip his helmet off, and I saw the groin kick, so I think a 2 game suspension for him. I'd give that same to the DT that came up and just leveled him as well. Now for Pouncey and Decastro... I don't think they should get any suspension, but I think a moderate fine is reasonable in the situation.
Mason went after Garrett not once but twice. First when Garrett was sacking him, Mason tried to pull a cheap shot. And Garrett responded "eye for an eye".

At that point, Mason's linemen pushed Garrett back and he was backing off as well. Garrett hasn't started the fray and also WAS NOT trying to continue it. Instead, it was Mason who went after Garrett a 2nd time. And at this point Garrett made annu fortunate mistake in swinging the helmet at Mason.

I think a 2-3 game suspension is warranted. But given that Mason was the instigator twice over, I don't think this deserves more.

Mason faux tough guy act reminds me of this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ij89w9_x8d4

Punk bleep bitch deserved a helmet to the head as well.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:40 am

JOHNNY_COCKTAIL wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:19 am In the morning I still have no clue how people are calling Pouncey an idiot. Are you kidding me?????? If someone did that to your QB would you seriously not want your OL to rip his head off.
I agree most would, but most wouldn’t be foolish enough to think punches and kicks don’t lead to a suspension...

PTW32
Captain
Captain

Postby PTW32 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:43 am

I think what Garrett did was awful and he should be suspended the rest of the year.

But I wonder, if Baker had attempted to pull a defenders helmet off, kicked him in the groin and chased him down while 2 offensive lineman held him back what the reaction would be.
Team 1 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 3Flex

QB: Feilds, Lance, Stafford
RB: Javonte, Charbonnet
WR: Godwin, Boyd, Aiyuk, Mingo, Downs
TE: Kincaid, Kraft, Schoonmaker

Team 2 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3Flex
QB: Lamar, Baker
RB: Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, Ekeler, Sanders, Dillon, Pierce
WR: Diggs, Hill, Lockett, Addison
TE: Andrews, Hurst, Logan Thomas

Team 3 12 Team PPR (keep 16)
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3Flex

QB: Kyler, Feilds
RB: CMC, Javonte, Dobbins, Dillo, Brian Robinson
WR: AJB, Godwin, DJ Moore, Keenan, Lamb, Burks, Toney
TE: Kittle, Hockenson

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:47 am

If I was in charge...
Myles 4-6 for obvious reasons
Rudolph 2 for instigating everything on multiple occasions
Pouncey and other OL 2 for kicking another player and such
Browns DT that bumped Rudolph 1-2 just bc it was a cheap shot

Probably fine all lineman a hefty amount but I wouldn't want any of these guys playing each other in 2 weeks...

As for people calling for Myles head... I don't think it's unwarranted but keep a few things in mind in which it won't even come close to happening...

1. We're talking about the NFL and Myles is a big name. No way they can him after this. There's much worse trash playing in the NFL.
2. This was done to Mason Rudolph, not Mahomes or Brady. If it was a big name QB I could see the punishment being much steeper. Not saying that is ethical way of judgement, but again, this is the NFL people.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:50 am

JOHNNY_COCKTAIL wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:19 am In the morning I still have no clue how people are calling Pouncey an idiot. Are you kidding me?????? If someone did that to your QB would you seriously not want your OL to rip his head off.
Agreed. I'm praising Pouncey after this.

Rudolph is someone responsible here for starting it (obviously Garrett's response was orders of magnitude too far) after not liking how he was tackled. But Pouncey did what any good teammate should. NHL enforcer like defending the goalie. Wish Pouncey got some better shots in on Garrett. Those were perfectly fine and shouldn't be any suspension for.
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash

picks-
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:51 am

PTW32 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:43 am I think what Garrett did was awful and he should be suspended the rest of the year.

But I wonder, if Baker had attempted to pull a defenders helmet off, kicked him in the groin and chased him down while 2 offensive lineman held him back what the reaction would be.
I wonder what would happen if Cleveland decided to only play games with 10 players on each side of the ball and only attempt drop kicks for field goals.....

Maybe we should ask Baker...... :wtf:
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:54 am

Oooooooohhhhh. These guys play in 2 weeks. Gonna be hilarious when Garret gets a season suspension, Rudolph and Pouncey and Ogunjobi and maybe DeCastro get 1 game

And then they're all back (sans Garrett) in time to play each other. I don't like it, but I feel if any suspensions other than Garrett get handed out it would be smart to make them 2 games so that they don't play each other.

picks-
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5