David Johnson - Code Red Panic? - Traded to Houston

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Code Red Panic- David Johnson

Postby MrUbuto » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:02 pm

grandmabetty wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:48 pm Sold DJ & 2 2020 2nds & 2 2020 3rds for Gordon and Ekeler in the offseason. I then flipped Ekeler on a sell high before Gordon came back. Was feeling kinda bummed about it early on as DJ was putting up great numbers but now that Gordon seems to be back to being Gordon I'm happy. I am glad i don't own DJ today
That's called a pro-gamer move :thumbup:
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

Dibbles
MVP
MVP

Postby Dibbles » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:02 pm

First time seeing this thread and so much faulty information here, I don't even know where to start. First off, no question that (1) he has looked utterly terrible the past 2 weeks on VERY limited snaps and (2) his playing time is being carefully monitored because he is pretty dinged up from week 7 injury. As it relates to DJ's past production and injuries, so much of the info in this thread is flat out wrong. Actual stats: He's played 5 seasons and in a PPR format, he averaged 15 ppg as a rookie (playing all 16 games), 26 ppg in 2016 (playing all 16 games), broke his wrist in the 1st game of 2017, averaged 17 ppg in 2018 (playing all 16 games), and had averaged 20 ppg this season over the first 6 full games played. That is consistent and elite RB production and he's only missed real time due to a fluke broken wrist, and now he's dinged up with an ankle injury. RB's get injured frequently, the odds are against them staying healthy for a whole season, but DJ has remained relatively healthy over a 5-year career and has consistently produced when playing. I would not be selling him on the cheap because of K Drake or a poor 2-game showing, go look at his production over the first 6 games of the season. For anyone who honestly believes he just quit being a good player in week 7 of this season, I will happily scoop him up for table scraps.

grooner
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby grooner » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:04 pm

Dibbles wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:02 pm First time seeing this thread and so much faulty information here, I don't even know where to start. First off, no question that (1) he has looked utterly terrible the past 2 weeks on VERY limited snaps and (2) his playing time is being carefully monitored because he is pretty dinged up from week 7 injury. As it relates to DJ's past production and injuries, so much of the info in this thread is flat out wrong. Actual stats: He's played 5 seasons and in a PPR format, he averaged 15 ppg as a rookie (playing all 16 games), 26 ppg in 2016 (playing all 16 games), broke his wrist in the 1st game of 2017, averaged 17 ppg in 2018 (playing all 16 games), and had averaged 20 ppg this season over the first 6 full games played. That is consistent and elite RB production and he's only missed real time due to a fluke broken wrist, and now he's dinged up with an ankle injury. RB's get injured frequently, the odds are against them staying healthy for a whole season, but DJ has remained relatively healthy over a 5-year career and has consistently produced when playing. I would not be selling him on the cheap because of K Drake or a poor 2-game showing, go look at his production over the first 6 games of the season. For anyone who honestly believes he just quit being a good player in week 7 of this season, I will happily scoop him up for table scraps.
Couldn't agree more, in my 0.5 ppr league he was averaging just over 17 points a game through week 6. That would put in as the #4 rb currently on a PPG basis. He has been hurt, and is still hurt, which is why he looks terrible. Will he ever have a season like the 2016 one? probably not, but I wouldn't pretend he is suddenly worth a 2nd and is uselss.

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:08 pm

MrUbuto wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:02 pm
grandmabetty wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:48 pm Sold DJ & 2 2020 2nds & 2 2020 3rds for Gordon and Ekeler in the offseason. I then flipped Ekeler on a sell high before Gordon came back. Was feeling kinda bummed about it early on as DJ was putting up great numbers but now that Gordon seems to be back to being Gordon I'm happy. I am glad i don't own DJ today

Now flip those 2nd and 3rds for a 1st and you got 2 firsts for DJ
Def - ARI DAL
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:17 pm

I was offered 2021 round 1 about two weeks ago and I turned it down. Maybe I should re-visit but I still think he can be a very good RB2.

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:29 pm

MrUbuto wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:08 pm
MrUbuto wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:02 pm

Now flip those 2nd and 3rds for a 1st and you got 2 firsts for DJ
i gave up the picks along with DJ to get Gordon and Ekeler. and actually i misspoke, all of the picks were 2019 picks so even better :D

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:42 pm

DJ’s been dealing with a back issue all season, which ciuld at least partially explain whats going on with him this year.

Anyone know how back issues will affect him in the future?

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:27 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:42 pm DJ’s been dealing with a back issue all season, which ciuld at least partially explain whats going on with him this year.

Anyone know how back issues will affect him in the future?
Damn that sucks. I suppose that's goodish news?

Perhaps there is hope for 2020
Def - ARI DAL
7th pick in 2021

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:50 am

bjd5211 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:34 am
JOHNNY_COCKTAIL wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:10 am
bjd5211 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:19 am David Johnson is modern day Priest Holmes, but just 1 monster season instead of 2.
Ok as a chiefs fan this is just a false statement. Priest Holmes had 3 all pro seasons and another 1000 yard season first of all. Secondly he had massive injuries including a brutal horse collar tackle that derailed his career not a broken wrist and some lingering small issues. Would have been one of the greatest ever
Larry Johnson then, whatever. Either way DJ is done as an elite RB, and everyone still holding onto that pipe dream is just living in the past.
There you go 100% spot on comparison :thumbup: although Herm Edwards did the man no favors by running him into the ground. Great 2 years though
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Postby djeternal2 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:56 am

Dibbles wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:02 pm First time seeing this thread and so much faulty information here, I don't even know where to start. First off, no question that (1) he has looked utterly terrible the past 2 weeks on VERY limited snaps and (2) his playing time is being carefully monitored because he is pretty dinged up from week 7 injury. As it relates to DJ's past production and injuries, so much of the info in this thread is flat out wrong. Actual stats: He's played 5 seasons and in a PPR format, he averaged 15 ppg as a rookie (playing all 16 games), 26 ppg in 2016 (playing all 16 games), broke his wrist in the 1st game of 2017, averaged 17 ppg in 2018 (playing all 16 games), and had averaged 20 ppg this season over the first 6 full games played. That is consistent and elite RB production and he's only missed real time due to a fluke broken wrist, and now he's dinged up with an ankle injury. RB's get injured frequently, the odds are against them staying healthy for a whole season, but DJ has remained relatively healthy over a 5-year career and has consistently produced when playing. I would not be selling him on the cheap because of K Drake or a poor 2-game showing, go look at his production over the first 6 games of the season. For anyone who honestly believes he just quit being a good player in week 7 of this season, I will happily scoop him up for table scraps.
He's also 27 (almost 28 as his birthday is mid-December) and is already having a hard time staying healthy. Buy or hold at your own risk
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:06 pm

Traded D. Freeman away for DJ in a redraft. Not even sure if I should feel good to be fair

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:14 pm

Buy for a 2020 2nd?

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:19 pm

thread did not disappoint for laughs. yes OP, he's been horrible the last few weeks while on the sideline injured. we all saw the tape, clearly he is still banged up. He's played 6 healthy games and had 1 under 18.5 points. Have you guys not heard of the google?

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:52 pm

djeternal2 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:56 am
He's also 27 (almost 28 as his birthday is mid-December) and is already having a hard time staying healthy. Buy or hold at your own risk
I just traded for him so I’m obviously biased. But if you look at touches for top notch athletes that have performed at a high level they usually have a minimum of 1,600 touches until they are toast. He’s at like 999 so with his age and the limited touches he’s had so far due to injuries and a somewhat short career. So honestly I’d give him at least 2 years of Solid RB2 production when healthy with obviously a RB1 ceiling.
Some bum college coach fighting for his job sitting DJ shouldn’t get everybody freaking out. Kingsbury’s gimmick offense and empty stats mean nothing and his day’s are numbered as a head coach in the NFL
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:00 am

alewilliam789 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:52 pm
djeternal2 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:56 am
I just traded for him so I’m obviously biased. But if you look at touches for top notch athletes that have performed at a high level they usually have a minimum of 1,600 touches until they are toast. He’s at like 999 so with his age and the limited touches he’s had so far due to injuries and a somewhat short career. So honestly I’d give him at least 2 years of Solid RB2 production when healthy with obviously a RB1 ceiling.
Some bum college coach fighting for his job sitting DJ shouldn’t get everybody freaking out. Kingsbury’s gimmick offense and empty stats mean nothing and his day’s are numbered as a head coach in the NFL
I guess you missed the Larry Johnson comparison. Johnson didnt even get 1600 touches for his career and he was toast about 500-600 touches before his career finally ended. I’m not saying I agree with the comparison, but not sure I’m giving the 1600 touch bar much credibility.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker