Last chance to sell Rams at peak value?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Last chance to sell Rams at peak value?

Postby joeya2001 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:20 am

ArrylT wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:14 am
Vcize wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:11 pm
ArrylT wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:49 am

Tell that to the owners owning those players. ;)

And actually about a week ago I sold a share of Gurley for a deal that I consider equivalent to 3 1sts in a league where owners are reluctant to move future 1sts.

In another league just this week Brandin Cooks went for a (projected) top 3 2020 1st

But it is ok that some owners wish to play in a redraft mindset - to each their own. I am just noting that it seems that for many owners in the majority of the leagues I am in that this does not mesh with what you're saying. You may wish it to be true - but it is not true for everyone.
This makes no sense because if anything Gurley's value is higher in redraft than it is in dynasty, since his biggest concerns are his long term health.

And I can't account for every free yahoo league out there but if you go into the dynasty reddit trade thread or team advice forum here you can see what these guys are valued at. No one in a real league is paying 3 1sts in value for Gurley right now, lol.
See for me it is the reverse - if Gurley shows this year, as he has for the most part, that he can play & be productive then that makes his long-term value more stable & less of a concern.

Not including the league where I made the deal (an MFL $ league around since 2011), A quick look at the DLF Trade Finder shows it is easy to still find deals where Gurley is commanding 3 1sts in approximate value. Obviously every owners valuations are going to be different, but this isnt 1 out of 100 trades but more like every 3rd trade shows owners willing to pay up. Are owners giving up 3 actual 1sts no - but thats tough at the best of times especially in dynasty leagues that only allow 1-2 years of future pick trading - but the players being given up have ADP equivalent to where you'd find a 1st.

Trade date: 2019-10-23
RB Ezekiel Elliott, DAL
for
RB Todd Gurley, LAR
Year 2020 round 2 draft pick from The Empire

---

Trade date: 2019-10-22
RB Mark Ingram, BAL
WR Robby Anderson, NYJ
LB Devin Bush, PIT
Year 2021 round 2 draft pick from Globo Gym Purple Cobras
Year 2021 round 2 draft pick from Van Buren Boys
for
RB Todd Gurley, LAR

----

Trade date: 2019-10-22
RB Derrius Guice, WAS
TE Mike Gesicki, MIA
Year 2020 round 2 draft pick from Dragonfruit
Year 2021 round 1 draft pick from Blind Squirrels
for
RB Todd Gurley, LAR
TE Nick Boyle, BAL

----

Trade date: 2019-10-17
RB Todd Gurley, LAR
for
RB Derrius Guice, WAS
WR Sammy Watkins, KCC
Year 2020 round 1 draft pick from Tinsel Dick

----

Trade date: 2019-10-17
WR Mike Evans, TBB
for
RB Tevin Coleman, SFO
RB Todd Gurley, LAR

-----

Trade date: 2019-10-15 Zach [ roster · trades ]
RB Todd Gurley, LAR
for
RB Kareem Hunt, CLE
WR Brandin Cooks, LAR

----

Trade date: 2019-10-12
RB Todd Gurley, LAR
Year 2021 round 2 draft pick from Horse Masks
for
WR Brandin Cooks, LAR
Year 2021 round 1 draft pick from Blind Squirrels
Year 2021 round 1 draft pick from The Wiseguys
in my league which I was blown away by

Team A sent
2020 1,2,3
2021 1
Miles Sanders

for

Todd Gurley
2020 3rd
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:38 pm

Heard the analogy that McVay is the NFL version of M. Night Shyamalan.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:48 am

Has their oline been mentioned once in this thread? Because that's what is holding the rams back.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:05 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:48 am Has their oline been mentioned once in this thread? Because that's what is holding the rams back.
It is, but it's not the only issue.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:08 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:05 am
Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:48 am Has their oline been mentioned once in this thread? Because that's what is holding the rams back.
there are a multitude of issues but this is by far the main issue. if you have a pocket qb you have to protect him. no pocket qb can function behind bad oline play.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:43 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:38 pm Heard the analogy that McVay is the NFL version of M. Night Shyamalan.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: This is so genius

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:09 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:08 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:05 am
there are a multitude of issues but this is by far the main issue. if you have a pocket qb you have to protect him. no pocket qb can function behind bad oline play.
I think it's both. The offense dropped off a lot towards the end of last year when the line was still playing decently well.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:41 pm

This whole Gurley thing has been the biggest bleep I feel like I've ever seen. Everyone appears to be lying out of their bleep...is Gurley completely washed now? No defense is going to fear a guy who only gets the ball 10x a game and doesn't even touch it in the 4Q. I was all in on Gurley in redraft leagues (mid-late 2nd RD) but man, McVay and he have completely torpedoed that gamble.

Still like Kupp and Woods long-term, whether they're in LA or not. They're good players.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:52 pm

Yeah it is a combination of factors.

Interestingly enough, and as I expected, for the most part the LA Rams continue to produce at a 30 point a game clip at times (ie the 2 games prior had a 31ppg average). But I was wrong in thinking that the issues were solvable enough to maintain that clip over the course of the season- regardless of opponent - which as we have seen when faced with strong defences like the Bills, Steelers & 49ers that knew how to stop the Rams, McVay is simply not adjusting well enough (imho).

Still they're still averaging 25 ppg overall & still putting up fantasy production as well despite what is going on.

TE1 in Everett
High QB2 that could finish as a Borderline QB1 in Goff
2 WRs in the top 24 and would have 3 in the top 36 ppg if you count Cooks.

I mean Gurley is right in the same production total as Kamara, Barkley & DJ. Yes I know Kamara, Barkely & DJ have all missed games but is that really much different from what people were worried about Gurley in the first place? Injury concerns? The difference is that the Rams have managed Gurley to keep him on the field rather than - we saw what happened this week with Barkley & DJ ...

And those 3 were all taken ahead of Gurley in redraft and many startups this off-season - yet they are all within 20 points of Gurley. And he's been on the field regularly - just not getting as many touches as hoped. Was thinking more of a 250-300 touch season and right now he's in the 200-230 range.

Regardless, like I said, I was wrong in my belief that the Rams would find a way to maintain a 30ppg pace all season - they've done it in spurts when things are working, but not as consistently as they have in the past. Oh well! :(
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..