You Can Trade Away RoJo Now... Last Chance?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Re: You Can Trade Away RoJo Now... Last Chance?

Postby MEuRaH » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:01 pm

Welp, the stats don't lie and neither do I.

He has looked a lot better, especially in man/power schemes. The Bucs coaching staff is pretty smart because that's where he succeeds. No thinking required, just pick a spot and go. He's damn good at it, but until I see any zone runs I'm not going to buy in.

ON TO THE GAME:

I'm done with the first half. Only 1 good run imo. Rest = average.

3rd quarter, 2nd & 7... he missed a crucial blitz right up the middle. Single-handedly ended the drive.

The very next drive the Bucs found themselves in the same situation and the Seahawks did the same defensive formation, coverage, and blitz... which was picked up by Ogumbawale.

4th quarter 7:30 to go.... there it is. Zone run, left side. Nothing there so he cut back to the right side and he gained a 1st down. He made a nifty move downfield. Very nice play. 2 good runs.

After RJ3 failed to pickup that 1 blitz in the early third quarter, he wasn't on the field for any of the pass plays. Ogumbawale did all of the RB assignments.

=======================================

I think he's improved. I still think he's fools gold, but the coaching is working and he is getting better. Pass blocking is still piss poor.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:04 am

For the first time I got a reasonable offer for this guy. It's still a late 2nd, so I'll probably still hang tight and see if he can string a game or two together.

Edit: Countered for a 1st(mid/late) and added 2nd to RoJo to get it done. Bought him for 3rd this preseason, so I'll take it.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Prescott
RB | Jeff Wilson, Pierre-Strong
WR | Adams, Olave, ARSB, Dotson, Addison
TE | Andrews, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1st 2025 | 1stx3, 2nd, 3rdx2

10 Team | SF | PPR

QB | Murray, Tagovailoa, Stroud
RB | Montgomery, Swift, Dobbins, Singletary, Jamaal Williams, R. White, Davis-Price, Herbert, Miller
WR | Godwin, AJB, Lamb, D. Johnson, M. Brown, Mooney, Kirk, J. Williams, Skyy Moore, Watson
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1st, 2nd, 3rd

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert, Love, Young, Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, Ford, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Flowers, Collins, Downs
TE | Hockenson, Dulcich, Likely, Otton
2024 | 2nd, 3rdx3, 4th

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:44 am

CGW wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:04 am For the first time I got a reasonable offer for this guy. It's still a late 2nd, so I'll probably still hang tight and see if he can string a game or two together.

Edit: Countered for a 1st(mid/late) and added 2nd to RoJo to get it done. Bought him for 3rd this preseason, so I'll take it.
Nice work!

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:51 am

This guy just helped knock me out of a playoff spot. Thanks RoJo! Now he's a receiving threat or is this just a one off?
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD

QB | Murray, Prescott
RB | Jeff Wilson, Pierre-Strong
WR | Adams, Olave, ARSB, Dotson, Addison
TE | Andrews, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1st 2025 | 1stx3, 2nd, 3rdx2

10 Team | SF | PPR

QB | Murray, Tagovailoa, Stroud
RB | Montgomery, Swift, Dobbins, Singletary, Jamaal Williams, R. White, Davis-Price, Herbert, Miller
WR | Godwin, AJB, Lamb, D. Johnson, M. Brown, Mooney, Kirk, J. Williams, Skyy Moore, Watson
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1st, 2nd, 3rd

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert, Love, Young, Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, Ford, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Flowers, Collins, Downs
TE | Hockenson, Dulcich, Likely, Otton
2024 | 2nd, 3rdx3, 4th

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:13 am

Not excited about his long term prospects, but still wish I hadn't sold.

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:31 am

Unless you're desperate he is a phenomenal sell high candidate. Get out get out get out.

Arians is going to want to draft his own RB this off-season and you can bet your bottom dollar he'll be starting or splitting carries week 1.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:41 am

CGW wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:51 am This guy just helped knock me out of a playoff spot. Thanks RoJo! Now he's a receiving threat or is this just a one off?
i haven't watched the whole game, but it looks like it was mainly screens with no one covering him. he takes what he's given, provided it is simple enough to exploit it. fast jag.
also, barber took some carries towards the end with the game on the line.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:15 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:41 am
CGW wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:51 am This guy just helped knock me out of a playoff spot. Thanks RoJo! Now he's a receiving threat or is this just a one off?
i haven't watched the whole game, but it looks like it was mainly screens with no one covering him. he takes what he's given, provided it is simple enough to exploit it. fast jag.
also, barber took some carries towards the end with the game on the line.
Because Rojo fumbled.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:16 am

notweswelker wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:31 am Unless you're desperate he is a phenomenal sell high candidate. Get out get out get out.

Arians is going to want to draft his own RB this off-season and you can bet your bottom dollar he'll be starting or splitting carries week 1.
For what? He's 22 and still developing as a player. A lot of the players coming out will be his age next year. I don't see moving him for a 2nd as an upgrade.

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:27 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:16 am
notweswelker wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:31 am Unless you're desperate he is a phenomenal sell high candidate. Get out get out get out.

For what? He's 22 and still developing as a player. A lot of the players coming out will be his age next year. I don't see moving him for a 2nd as an upgrade.
I agree ... it’s possible they find someone later in the draft, but I think Bucs have way too many other need, particularly on defense, to use high draft picks on a RB. Not sure what their cap space is next year, so maybe they add Gordon, but I don’t see RB as an area of concern for them.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:03 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:15 am
killer_of_giants wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:41 am also, barber took some carries towards the end with the game on the line.
Because Rojo fumbled.

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:59 pm

He is young but I just can't get behind him after watching him.
I'd take a second for him in 12-team or shallower leagues. That's close value to his draft cost and he has shown he's a JAG on his best day in my view.

Running through gaps is not something that generally changes much once a RB has been in the NFL for two seasons. He's averaging 3.5 yards per carry and it has taken him the better part of two seasons to pass Peyton Barber. Peyton. Barber.
In his defense he was highly overdrafted in the NFL and by dynasty leaguers. He profiles as an average satellite back, and will have that value going forward. In PPR and deep spots, I think he'll provide decent depth for owners as long as Arians doesn't go out and draft a bellcow next draft, I just get the feeling that's what Arians will do.

Hjorimir
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Hjorimir » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:29 pm

I show him with 103 carries for 410 yards, which works out to be a 4.0 yards per carry average. Not sure where you're getting 3.5.
The Great Old Ones
10-team PPR (1-QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, 1-TE, 1-D/ST, 1-K)
QB: Dak, Tua, Mac, Mills (bleh)
RB: Gordon, Drake, Perine, RoJo II, Dillon, Coleman, Sermon, Ingram, Mitchell, Barber, JJ, Bolden
WR: Kupp, DJM, Chase, Jeudy, AJG, OBJ, Shepard, Mecole, Parris, Osborn
TE: Knox, Engram,
D/ST: NE
K: Zuerlein

The Blues Brothers
10-team PPR (1-QB, 1-RB, 2-WR, 1-TE, 2-RB/WR/TE, 3-IDP, 1-K)
QB: Dak, Herbert, Hurts, Bridgewater, Winston, Wentz, Heinicke
RB: Zeke, Cook, Mixon, Moss/Singletary, McKinnon, Gio, Rhamondre, Evans, Roundtree
WR: Kupp, Adams, Nuk, Evans, Ruggs III, Sammy, Guyton, Palmer
TE: Logan, Henry, Engram, Cook, Tremble
IDP: Demario, Bush, Mosley, Jewell, Poyer, Derwin, Vander Esch

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:56 pm

notweswelker wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:59 pm

He is young but I just can't get behind him after watching him.
I'd take a second for him in 12-team or shallower leagues. That's close value to his draft cost and he has shown he's a JAG on his best day in my view.

Running through gaps is not something that generally changes much once a RB has been in the NFL for two seasons. He's averaging 3.5 yards per carry and it has taken him the better part of two seasons to pass Peyton Barber. Peyton. Barber.
In his defense he was highly overdrafted in the NFL and by dynasty leaguers. He profiles as an average satellite back, and will have that value going forward. In PPR and deep spots, I think he'll provide decent depth for owners as long as Arians doesn't go out and draft a bellcow next draft, I just get the feeling that's what Arians will do.
Peyton Barber?

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:28 pm

Hjorimir wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:29 pm I show him with 103 carries for 410 yards, which works out to be a 4.0 yards per carry average. Not sure where you're getting 3.5.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... neRo01.htm

For his career. It's actually 3.6 :)