Brandin Cooks - What's Not To Love?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Brandin Cooks: It's time to be concerned.

Postby Mike from Canada » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:00 am

I asked for a first for Cooks last week and he made me feel like I was asking for one of his children.

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:00 pm

perkinsrooster wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:00 am I asked for a first for Cooks last week and he made me feel like I was asking for one of his children.
I think the days of getting a 1st round pick for Cooks are long gone. I've been shopping him over the past month and haven't even been able to get a 2nd for him. Most people just tell me they would rather not own him.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:57 pm

IBall2 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:00 pm
perkinsrooster wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:00 am I asked for a first for Cooks last week and he made me feel like I was asking for one of his children.
I think the days of getting a 1st round pick for Cooks are long gone. I've been shopping him over the past month and haven't even been able to get a 2nd for him. Most people just tell me they would rather not own him.
I couldn't get a 1st when he was healthy. Let alone now that people have a real reason to not pay for him

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:20 pm

He's only been a top 15 WR for three years in a row and he's still 26. Yet people would rather risk drafting the next Laquon Treadwell or Tajae Sharpe. What can you do.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:41 pm

perkinsrooster wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:20 pm He's only been a top 15 WR for three years in a row and he's still 26. Yet people would rather risk drafting the next Laquon Treadwell or Tajae Sharpe. What can you do.
I think they'd actually rather draft Jerry Jeudy, Ceedee Lamb, Henry Ruggs and Laviska Shenault.

But what can you do.

PTW32
Captain
Captain

Postby PTW32 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:47 pm

I bought him last week but he was more of a throw in. MVS, current 2.03, current 2.04 for Cooks and current 1.01.

After the deal I offered him to just about every other owner for a 1st and was rejected by them all.

I'll just hold him and hope before trading him for a 2nd
Team 1 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 3Flex

QB: Feilds, Lance, Stafford
RB: Javonte, Charbonnet
WR: Godwin, Boyd, Aiyuk, Mingo, Downs
TE: Kincaid, Kraft, Schoonmaker

Team 2 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3Flex
QB: Lamar, Baker
RB: Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, Ekeler, Sanders, Dillon, Pierce
WR: Diggs, Hill, Lockett, Addison
TE: Andrews, Hurst, Logan Thomas

Team 3 12 Team PPR (keep 16)
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3Flex

QB: Kyler, Feilds
RB: CMC, Javonte, Dobbins, Dillo, Brian Robinson
WR: AJB, Godwin, DJ Moore, Keenan, Lamb, Burks, Toney
TE: Kittle, Hockenson

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:56 pm

mild wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:41 pm
perkinsrooster wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:20 pm He's only been a top 15 WR for three years in a row and he's still 26. Yet people would rather risk drafting the next Laquon Treadwell or Tajae Sharpe. What can you do.
I think they'd actually rather draft Jerry Jeudy, Ceedee Lamb, Henry Ruggs and Laviska Shenault.

But what can you do.
All very promising high to mid to first round players, as were Corey Davis, Sammy Watkins, Knowshon Moreno, Bishop Sankey and Darren McFadden, but what can you do.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:00 pm

No doubt. But you've got to admit they've got less career questions than a diminutive deep threat in a devolving offense who's suffered his 2nd concussion in the past month and his 5th (known) concussion in 4 years.

I know who I'd rather be gambling on at this stage. #theGoffening

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:03 pm

I should have added that I was asking for a 2021 first, not a 2020. Still according to him I'm no better than a mugger waiting for unsuspecting pedestrians.

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:01 pm

^^^^^^^ This guy gets it
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:09 pm

JOHNNY_COCKTAIL wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:01 pm
^^^^^^^ This guy gets it
The biggest mistake people make in noting rookie busts and rookie bust rate is ignoring vet busts and veteran bust rate.

It's not like you were doing a ton better than Laquon Treadwell if instead of drafting him you traded that pick for Kelvin Benjamin or Jordan Mathews or Jordy Nelson or Michael Floyd, all of whom were being drafted around the same spot as him in startup ADP (as an approximation of what vets that rookie picks was worth).

Once you get outside the top 25 or so dynasty players the bust rate of vets is ENORMOUS.

Heck look at the 2nd/3rd round of startups from 2 years ago and the best players right now, by far, are the guys who were being drafted there as rookies. OMG you took Christian McCaffrey over Jay Ajayi, a proven 1000+ yard rusher? You took Dalvin Cook over Lamar Miller, a 26 year old workhorse back with 3 really good seasons?

If anything, Cooks has more risk right now than most vets that bust. He's tied long-term to a situation that does not fit him well and that he hasn't been performing well in for really more than a year now, and he has very very serious health concerns to boot. He is at least as risky as a random rookie right now, if not moreso.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Postby PR0v3 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:31 pm

Vcize wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:09 pm
JOHNNY_COCKTAIL wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:01 pm
^^^^^^^ This guy gets it
The biggest mistake people make in noting rookie busts and rookie bust rate is ignoring vet busts and veteran bust rate.

It's not like you were doing a ton better than Laquon Treadwell if instead of drafting him you traded that pick for Kelvin Benjamin or Jordan Mathews or Jordy Nelson or Michael Floyd, all of whom were being drafted around the same spot as him in startup ADP (as an approximation of what vets that rookie picks was worth).

Once you get outside the top 25 or so dynasty players the bust rate of vets is ENORMOUS.

Heck look at the 2nd/3rd round of startups from 2 years ago and the best players right now, by far, are the guys who were being drafted there as rookies. OMG you took Christian McCaffrey over Jay Ajayi, a proven 1000+ yard rusher? You took Dalvin Cook over Lamar Miller, a 26 year old workhorse back with 3 really good seasons?

If anything, Cooks has more risk right now than most vets that bust. He's tied long-term to a situation that does not fit him well and that he hasn't been performing well in for really more than a year now, and he has very very serious health concerns to boot. He is at least as risky as a random rookie right now, if not moreso.
Agreed. Trade value isn’t based on the past, it is based on the future. You aren’t buying 4 straight 1000+ seasons with Cooks, you are buying Cooks from now on, and it is pretty clear that Cooks’ ability to continue producing 1000+ is not the same as what it was, for a variety of reasons.
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:40 pm

PTW32 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:47 pm I bought him last week but he was more of a throw in. MVS, current 2.03, current 2.04 for Cooks and current 1.01.

After the deal I offered him to just about every other owner for a 1st and was rejected by them all.

That deal is absurd.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:54 pm

PTW32 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:47 pm I bought him last week but he was more of a throw in. MVS, current 2.03, current 2.04 for Cooks and current 1.01.

I'm fairly sure you're writing this post just to brag about your trade rape
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

PTW32
Captain
Captain

Postby PTW32 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:06 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:54 pm

I'm fairly sure you're writing this post just to brag about your trade rape
No, I was writing it to show how little some people value Cooks currently that I was basicly paid to take him off another owners hands.

But yes, after I accepted the offer I felt alittle dirty
Team 1 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 3Flex

QB: Feilds, Lance, Stafford
RB: Javonte, Charbonnet
WR: Godwin, Boyd, Aiyuk, Mingo, Downs
TE: Kincaid, Kraft, Schoonmaker

Team 2 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3Flex
QB: Lamar, Baker
RB: Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, Ekeler, Sanders, Dillon, Pierce
WR: Diggs, Hill, Lockett, Addison
TE: Andrews, Hurst, Logan Thomas

Team 3 12 Team PPR (keep 16)