Jared Goff - Detroit went to Jared(s)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Sfoster2625
Role Player
Role Player

Jared Goff

Postby Sfoster2625 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:48 am

I never thought the guy was elite but I thought he would at least be a top 10 fantasy qb for the next few years. It’s gotten to the point that if he plays a remotely good defense or is on the road he’s completely unstartable. Is he just having a bad year or is this what he’ll be the rest of his career?
Qb: Mahomes
Rb: Jacobs Ceh, Damien williams, Vaughn, rojo, fournette, Singletary, akers, snell, devontae booker, boston Scott
Wr: devante Adams, godwin, juju, mclaurin, diontae johnson, mims, Allen Robinson, gallup, Preston Williams
Te: hock, fant
Cb: Kyle fuller, Carlton Davis
S: Jamal Adams, Justin poyer
Edr: nick bosa, Joey bosa, Josh Allen, Jpp, emmanuel agbah
IL: Chris Jones, Jonathan Allen
Lb: Darius Leonard, Roquan Smith, greenlaw

1QB
10 team league
32 man roster
0.5 point ppr
6 point pass td

Idp scoring is even with offense

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Re: Jared Goff

Postby ericanadian » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:59 am

Sfoster2625 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:48 am I never thought the guy was elite but I thought he would at least be a top 10 fantasy qb for the next few years. It’s gotten to the point that if he plays a remotely good defense or is on the road he’s completely unstartable. Is he just having a bad year or is this what he’ll be the rest of his career?
There’s a good chance they address the o-line this offseason, so I guess it depends on how much faith you have in them being able to do that. Goff has always struggled under pressure, and I don’t really see that changing in the immediate future.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:37 am

Teams figured out the Rams offense and countered. The Rams haven't been able to adjust to the counter yet. Until they do, this is what you're going to be getting.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:50 am

- Rams offensive line got significantly worse
- Todd Gurley isn't as good as he was the past few seasons
- Defenses have adjusted to the Rams offense and the Rams haven't countered

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:47 am

Echoing what a coupe have already said, I think the biggest change is the offensive line. It's been a disaster compared to the previous couple of seasons.

What this season is showing is that Goff isn't going to elevate the team. He's not an elite guy like Rodgers, Brees, etc. He's more in the tier of Kirk Cousins who can excel in the right situation.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:21 am

It's a good thing they did not give him an extravagant contract or something.

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:35 am

Saints laid the blueprint for beating Goff last year in the regular-season game. He doesn't look downfield when he is pressured, so take away his short options and get pressure on him and he will wilt.
That becomes easier when the Rams don't have Cooks stretching the field, and the defense has an elite slot cover guy to blanket Kupp like Pitt has in Minkah.
I think re-upping him instead of making him prove it again is going to be what kills the Rams run. They would be better off with Bortles or Rosen plus the cap space.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:59 am

ColdZealDonkeyStrike wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:35 amI think re-upping him instead of making him prove it again is going to be what kills the Rams run. They would be better off with Bortles or Rosen plus the cap space.
I think he'll get a new contract. It's hard to find above average QBs in this league. Maybe they get a discount after this season.

I know the NFL never does this, but I'd consider using a high draft pick on another QB who has a bigger upside. The Rams don't have any firsts though, so probably not happening.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Postby TimeWillTell » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:21 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:59 am
ColdZealDonkeyStrike wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:35 amI think re-upping him instead of making him prove it again is going to be what kills the Rams run. They would be better off with Bortles or Rosen plus the cap space.
I think he'll get a new contract. It's hard to find above average QBs in this league. Maybe they get a discount after this season.

I know the NFL never does this, but I'd consider using a high draft pick on another QB who has a bigger upside. The Rams don't have any firsts though, so probably not happening.
Didn't they already pay Goff in the offseason?
2020, 2021, 2022 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Brady, Stafford
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Jacobs
WR: Chase, Jefferson, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Olave, Dotson, Mike Evans
TE: Hock, Dulcich, Chig, Fant, Jonnu, Hurst, Everett
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
1.01, 1.03

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:26 am

I think what Goff lacks and this offense could use is a some mobility at the QB position. Beyond his struggles under pressure, he just simply lacks the ability to evade pressure and consistently make the big plays where he makes a lineman miss and makes a nice throw downfield. Players like Dak Prescott, Desean Watson, Mahomes, Russell Wilson, and Lamar Jackson are the future of the NFL because of this big play ability. Because as good as D-lines are getting if you lack mobility at the QB position you’re at the mercy of whatever offensive line being rolled out.
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:58 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:47 am Echoing what a coupe have already said, I think the biggest change is the offensive line. It's been a disaster compared to the previous couple of seasons.

What this season is showing is that Goff isn't going to elevate the team. He's not an elite guy like Rodgers, Brees, etc. He's more in the tier of Kirk Cousins who can excel in the right situation.
This. Cooks being out doesn't help either.

If you own Goff just wait until they can address the line in the off season.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:35 am

rams are saddled with an overpaid, mediocre qb. good. bleep them.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:40 am

Phaded wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:21 am It's a good thing they did not give him an extravagant contract or something.
I think this is part of what's handicapping them. The OL also

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:47 am

Goff has stunk since the middle of last year when the O-line was the same as it was when they were dominating early in the year.

The O-line is bad, no doubt, but teams have figured this offense out.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:33 am

One of the commentators made a comment last night that was pretty accurate.

The Rams actually have a very simple offense and it is not complicated. Run the ball and play action once you establish the run.

Problem is, no one is scared of them now. It is now on McVay to get more creative with the tools he has on the team - they are stuck with Goff for a while.