Ty (the other) Johnson

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Ty (the other) Johnson

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:24 am

Life of Pablo wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:00 am
sugbear65 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:01 am I also don’t think that next years starting rb is on the roster currently in Detroit.
I'm not even a Kerryon fan (just blew most of my FAAB on Ty) but this seems like a bold statement. I'm guessing you think the Lions will draft a RB by round 3 or so? I disagree but I guess it could happen.

I think Ty has a great chance to impress here, and with the Lions simply promoting Paul Perkins off the practice squad (rather than signing/trading for a better RB), I think that's a sign of how much the Lions believe in him too (don't forget that while CJA isn't exactly a great RB, he did get cut in part because of Ty). I'm certainly biased but I think Ty is flying a little under the radar here on the potential opportunity in front of him.
Really depends on how much Patricia trusts him IMO. Next year could be a make or break year for Patricia. I was thinking of putting out some offers for KJ, but the more I think about it, I don't think I will. 2 straight years of injuries, passing game work declining, doesn't score a lot of TD's, and has proven he can't handle a full work load. I just don't see a ton of upside, in terms of FF, or his situation with that coaching staff.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Straycatz2
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Straycatz2 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:07 pm

Someone offered me Desean Hamilton for Ty. I tried squeezing out more but seller declined.
Is Desean worth it? Or you think Ty can carve out something. The interesting thing is Ty is being used in the passing game when KJ was not.

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:46 pm

Straycatz2 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:07 pm Someone offered me Desean Hamilton for Ty. I tried squeezing out more but seller declined.
Is Desean worth it? Or you think Ty can carve out something. The interesting thing is Ty is being used in the passing game when KJ was not.
what has daesean ever done besides get opportunity and not produce? If Ty goes 10 for 27 I don't think you lost out on much

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:53 pm

Straycatz2 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:07 pm Someone offered me Desean Hamilton for Ty. I tried squeezing out more but seller declined.
If Drew Lock is the qb I don't trust much about the pass game
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

Straycatz2
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Straycatz2 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:36 am

Thx! 👍

BigJoeWall72
Role Player
Role Player

Postby BigJoeWall72 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:13 am

I spent a hair over 60% of my blind bid dollars on Ty Johnson this week in a league where I badly need RB help... Probably too much, but I really wanted to get him on my roster. I hope he shows enough against the Giants to keep the early down work moving forward and not make me feel like an idiot! :lol:

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:12 am

So who said Tre Carson was going to be the lead back?

jimmychoi
Starter
Starter

Postby jimmychoi » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:14 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:12 am So who said Tre Carson was going to be the lead back?
I give up this season. Lol

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:25 pm

jimmychoi wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:14 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:12 am So who said Tre Carson was going to be the lead back?
I give up this season. Lol
He was one of the most added players this week. Crazy

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:49 pm

Remember, dart throws miss... A LOT! :problem:
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:03 pm

The whole TyMania phenomenon of the past week has been utterly baffling to me. I totally understand why someone would drop all their FAAB to claim him off the wire, but people were giving up 1st and 2nd round picks for him. I saw one thread where a guy got Hockenson for him straight up! Based on what, exactly? Half a game’s worth of mediocre production after Kerryon went down? Am I somehow missing the appeal of the Lions’ lead RB role, in which Kerryon himself was barely mustering a little more than 11 ppg?

Look, I’m not hating on the kid. I was rooting for him. I actually had him taxied all year in one league and activated and started him this week. But I’ve never seen anything like the irrational overconfidence in him that was on display all week. Kudos to all who cashed in. I didn’t even bother to shop him in my league, partly because I’m actually pretty thin at RB and partly because the other owners are all pretty savvy. I doubt I could’ve gotten more than a 3rd.

Can anyone remember an unheralded rookie getting that much of a value boost before ever really showing anything of substance? I’ve been playing this game since 2015 and I can’t. Even Thomas Rawls had to string a couple solid games together before people were willing to give up a 1st for him. This was crazy.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:45 pm

M-Dub wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:03 pm The whole TyMania phenomenon of the past week has been utterly baffling to me. I totally understand why someone would drop all their FAAB to claim him off the wire, but people were giving up 1st and 2nd round picks for him. I saw one thread where a guy got Hockenson for him straight up! Based on what, exactly? Half a game’s worth of mediocre production after Kerryon went down? Am I somehow missing the appeal of the Lions’ lead RB role, in which Kerryon himself was barely mustering a little more than 11 ppg?

Look, I’m not hating on the kid. I was rooting for him. I actually had him taxied all year in one league and activated and started him this week. But I’ve never seen anything like the irrational overconfidence in him that was on display all week. Kudos to all who cashed in. I didn’t even bother to shop him in my league, partly because I’m actually pretty thin at RB and partly because the other owners are all pretty savvy. I doubt I could’ve gotten more than a 3rd.

Can anyone remember an unheralded rookie getting that much of a value boost before ever really showing anything of substance? I’ve been playing this game since 2015 and I can’t. Even Thomas Rawls had to string a couple solid games together before people were willing to give up a 1st for him. This was crazy.
I didn't see anyone giving up a 1st for him. I'm sure they are out there somewhere, but that seems like by far the outlier rather than the rule.

Mostly 2nds, maybe a pair of 3rds. I didn't grab him anywhere but that seems reasonable for a contender as every year we see some random RB come in and blow up down the stretch and he seemed as likely a shot at that as anyone for this year's guy. You win some, you lose some.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:56 pm

M-Dub wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:03 pm The whole TyMania phenomenon of the past week has been utterly baffling to me. I totally understand why someone would drop all their FAAB to claim him off the wire, but people were giving up 1st and 2nd round picks for him. I saw one thread where a guy got Hockenson for him straight up! Based on what, exactly? Half a game’s worth of mediocre production after Kerryon went down? Am I somehow missing the appeal of the Lions’ lead RB role, in which Kerryon himself was barely mustering a little more than 11 ppg?

Where? Who? The "League of Village Idiots"?
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:06 am

With Tra Carson on IR guess he gets a 2nd shot to be the saviour - I expect a muddled mess at RB (for the Lions) this week but could easily be mistaken. As a Raiders fan I am curious to see how & with whom they attack us (on the ground).
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:14 pm

Presently, McKissic objectively deserves more snaps and touches than Ty, and it's not close. Even aside from the obvious efficiency metrics, McKissic's PFF grade is twenty points higher than Ty's, so Ty isn't even doing off-the-ball elements of the job like pass-protection better than JD.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE