pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Re: OBJ buy low window?

Postby pvillebiker » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:57 am

Curious how many would take this:

Give: next year's 1.02 (acquired in trade) + Cooks
Get: OBJ

The pick is almost guaranteed to be 1.02 or 1.03.

Seems like a decent price given Cooks uncertain future. Then again, next year's 1.02 is bound to be a top asset.

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:12 pm

The more I have watched the clearer it has become Baker is the problem. The issue is that Beckham is now tied to Baker for the foreseeable future. Baker's career is careening wildly and I'm not sure he has the mentality to hold this together. Hopefully he turns it around, and you know, throws to his open receivers.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:02 pm

notweswelker wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:12 pm The more I have watched the clearer it has become Baker is the problem. The issue is that Beckham is now tied to Baker for the foreseeable future. Baker's career is careening wildly and I'm not sure he has the mentality to hold this together. Hopefully he turns it around, and you know, throws to his open receivers.
lol, thats interesting.

I fault coaching and terrible Oline play much more than Baker for the Browns offensive woes this year.

Why they run predominantly long developing routes with an Oline this horrendous is insane. The fact they routinely have their checkdown receiver chipping pressure instead of running a route to give Baker ab outlet is also comical.

They traded Zeitler this offseason creating a massive hole on the Oline and Kitchens has shown he doesnt understand how to run an offense with a bad Oline.

Baker is not rising above a bad situation, and the constant pressure is giving him happy feet in the pocket greatly degrading his accuracy; so hes definitely not blameless. HOWEVER, this debauchery is much much much more on coaching than QB play, imo

Wizard
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Wizard » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:30 pm

Would you trade Fournette for him?
QB -Tom Brady, Nick Foles Deshaun Watson

RB - Kenyan Drake, Darrius Guise, Tevin Coleman, Leonard Fournett, Kareem Hunt, Justin Jackson, Jaylen Samuels, Carlos Hyde, Duke Johnson Jr., Jordan Wilkins, CJ Anderson, Chris Warren,

WR - Davante Adams , T.Y. Hilton, Courtland Sutton, Devin Funchess, Doug Baldwin, Michael Crabtree, Antonio Callaway, J’Mon Moore, Dylan Cantrell, Keith Kirkwood, James Richie

TE - Zach Ertz, Harris Demetrius, Hayden Hurst

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:23 pm

Wizard wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:30 pm Would you trade Fournette for him?
I'll tell you what, I wouldn't trade OBJ for Fournette
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:35 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:02 pm
notweswelker wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:12 pm The more I have watched the clearer it has become Baker is the problem. The issue is that Beckham is now tied to Baker for the foreseeable future. Baker's career is careening wildly and I'm not sure he has the mentality to hold this together. Hopefully he turns it around, and you know, throws to his open receivers.
lol, thats interesting.

I fault coaching and terrible Oline play much more than Baker for the Browns offensive woes this year.

Why they run predominantly long developing routes with an Oline this horrendous is insane. The fact they routinely have their checkdown receiver chipping pressure instead of running a route to give Baker ab outlet is also comical.

They traded Zeitler this offseason creating a massive hole on the Oline and Kitchens has shown he doesnt understand how to run an offense with a bad Oline.

Baker is not rising above a bad situation, and the constant pressure is giving him happy feet in the pocket greatly degrading his accuracy; so hes definitely not blameless. HOWEVER, this debauchery is much much much more on coaching than QB play, imo
oy vey child

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:36 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:23 pm
I'll tell you what, I wouldn't trade OBJ for Fournette
x2

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:39 pm

Best buy-low in dynasty right now.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, J Daniels, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/G WILSON/D ADAMS/DK, Pittman, Flowers, Evans, Pearsoll
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/COUSINS, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
LAPORTA/KELCE/KITTLE
/
TEAM C - 32T (2 copy), 1QB, TEP
TUA, J Daniels
KAMARA, J Brooks, Monty, Mattison
JJ/DK/GODWIN/K ALLEN, Kirk, J Meyers, Polk, Wandale
KITTLE, Goedert, Higbee
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE, Pollard
CHASE/G WILSON/AIYUK/DJM, Nabers, Pittman, Diggs, Polk
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/BREECE, Pollard
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert
/
TEAM F - 12T, SF & TEP
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:42 pm

OBJ's production is held back due situation while Fournette is producing because of volume/situation. I'd take the superior talent despite the poorer situation in Beckham.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

TheGoat21
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TheGoat21 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:49 pm

Owner in team one in my signature wants a 2020 top 4 pick (lotto), probably pick 5 or 6 and Kerryon for OBJ.

Too much? I’m trying to load up to win my third in a row against a stacked team with CMC, Kamara, Evans, Godwin, Davante, Hooper starting...
12 Team Superflex .5ppr / .8ppr for TE
Start: QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, 2 Flex, SFlex

QB: Dak, T Law, Fields
RB: JT, Bijan, Gibbs, B. Watson, R. Ali, Vaughn, Schrader
WR: Jefferson, Chase, CD, Olave, Diontae, Elijah, Downs, M. Washington, Dortch, T. Palmer, Boutte
TE: Pitts, Fant, Ferguson, Theo Johnson, Wiley

10 team .5ppr
Start QB,2RB,3WR,TE, 2 Flex

QB: Fields, Dak
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, Akers, Zeke
WR: JJeff, CD, JSN, Downs, Elijah, Mooney, Meyers, Doubs, Reed
TE: Kittle, Njoku, Musgrave, Albert O, Kmet

2024 1st, 2x 2025 1st

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:22 pm

Some fun OBJ stats through the first 9 games:

- OBJ is the overall WR41 in fantasy points per game this season (0.5ppr)
- Which means he's not even returning WR3 value
- He has just 1 TD and 0 since Week 2
- He has just 4 RZ targets, tied for 91st in the league...
- Which is tied with Damion Ratley and Demetrious Harris for RZ targets on his own team

Oh, and he's also going to see Tredavious White this week. Good luck with that.

A bet on OBJ right now is a bet that the Browns will turn it around, eventually. If God has taught me anything these past decades... it's that they still, and will *always* be... the Goddamn Cleveland Browns.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:23 pm

In 1 of our leagues, a rebuilder just traded Kittle, Brees, 2020 3rd, 2020 4th for OBJ, 2020 2nd.

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:47 am

mild wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:22 pm Some fun OBJ stats through the first 9 games:

- OBJ is the overall WR41 in fantasy points per game this season (0.5ppr)
- Which means he's not even returning WR3 value
- He has just 1 TD and 0 since Week 2
- He has just 4 RZ targets, tied for 91st in the league...
- Which is tied with Damion Ratley and Demetrious Harris for RZ targets on his own team

Oh, and he's also going to see Tredavious White this week. Good luck with that.

A bet on OBJ right now is a bet that the Browns will turn it around, eventually. If God has taught me anything these past decades... it's that they still, and will *always* be... the Goddamn Cleveland Browns.
So what you're saying is he's the absolute perfect buy low?

Stats can be spun in any which way.

Example 1: He's the 24th WR in full PPR while already having his BYE, aka he is returning definite WR2 value (compared to the WR4 comparison you made).
Example 2: He's 5th in the league in YAC, and averages over 2 yards per separation this year, so he really is balling.

If you watch the games you'll see great play from OBJ. You'll also see terrible usage and implementation into the Brown's "game plan." You can be sure that will change soon, and if it doesn't, someone will get fired, and then it will.

These are the same overreactions that caused tons of fantasy owners to sell Diggs because "kirk is terrible, and they will never throw the ball, it's just not in the game script this year." He then had close to 500 yards and 3 TDs in the next 3 games...

I caution people to base their evaluations on statistics, and instead base them on talent.

Last week for example, OBJ's 5 for 87 screams solid on paper. Last play of the game, OBJ is clearly open on a would be TD. Pretty sure Baker ended up throwing into double coverage to Jarvis. That would've been 6 receptions, 100 yards, and a TD.

Go get Odell wherever you can.
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon Barkley , Breece Hall, Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, CEH
WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy
TE: Travis Kelce

2023 Picks: 1.4, 1.8, 2.9, 3.2, 3.6, 3.8

Dynasty Team 2:

10 Man, Half PPR, Double Flex

QB: Tua
RB: Barkley , Mixon, Javonte, Jacobs, CEH
WR: AJB, Tyreek, Lamb, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Kittle

2022 Picks: 1.5, 1.6, 2.3
2023 Picks: 2 x 1st, 2 x 2nd

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:05 pm

Kmani6 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:47 am
So what you're saying is he's the absolute perfect buy low?
No... that's not what he's saying. He's saying Odell is in a completely bleep situation and it's no certainty he makes it out anytime soon.

Reminds me of a similar situation a few years back. Demaryius Thomas had been elite for a while, then Peyton fell off in 2015(and subsequently retired) and they had to use Brock Lobster for a little while and Thomas's numbers fell. He was 28 and everyone was saying "GET IN GET IN GET IN BUY LOW BUY LOW". Except the situation didn't improve. Thomas hasn't surpassed 5 TDs in the 4 years since. He surpassed 1K yards once. Hardly what people expected when buying him at what was close to OBJ prices today back in '15/'16.

There's certainly a window to buy OBJ now, but that's because there is also a ton of risk at this point. There's a lot to fix in Cleveland and a very long track record of them f*cking up. I consider Beckham more of a hold than a buy or sell at this point. Buying into risk is a great way to hollow out a dynasty roster, just ask all the people who bought into AB/JG this past year. You can hit the occasional home run (Tyreek Hill) with those plays, but Hill was going for magnitudes less over the summer than Beckham is going for right now.

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:25 pm

Tyreek was going for magnitudes less over the summer because of his off the field issues, which were extremely risky, especially after how the chiefs handled the Hunt situation. Comparing playing with Brock Osweiler to Baker is bad. The browns are still loaded with talent. Njoku is injured, and hunt is only just coming back but overall they are still stacked, and the coaching staff is pretty awful. They will most likely fire the coaching staff, and then let baker start fresh again next year/rebuild the o-line again. Regardless, it's been 8 weeks since OBJ was valued as the overall WR 2 in dynasty, I think it's a buy low.
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon Barkley , Breece Hall, Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, CEH
WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy
TE: Travis Kelce

2023 Picks: 1.4, 1.8, 2.9, 3.2, 3.6, 3.8

Dynasty Team 2:

10 Man, Half PPR, Double Flex

QB: Tua
RB: Barkley , Mixon, Javonte, Jacobs, CEH
WR: AJB, Tyreek, Lamb, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Kittle

2022 Picks: 1.5, 1.6, 2.3
2023 Picks: 2 x 1st, 2 x 2nd