Players you wish were in a better situation

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Re: Players you wish were in a better situation

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:58 am

Prison_Mike wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:48 am Do y'all think Mixon's situation is likely to improve (significantly) by next year?

I just got offered Mixon for Conner straight up
Yes, as it can't get much worse. Now is a great time to buy Mixon. Not sure if I'd rather have Conner or Mixon though.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Packerland
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Packerland » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:12 am

The title of this thread should be called the Joe Mixon thread
10 Team .5 PPR 1 QB League

QB: Goff, Brady, Herbert, Tannehill
RB: CEH, JT, Akers, Dobbins, Mixon
WR: Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Lamb, Chark, Claypool, Pittman, Diontae, Anderson
TE: Andrews, Goedert

Picks:
2021: 4 1sts, 1 2nd
2022: 1 1st, 2 2nds

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:54 am

I don't think his situation is exactly bad, but here's a surprising name I'll throw out as an under-the-radar trade candidate:

David Johnson - Has been excelling as a receiver, but struggling in the run game. Part of that is the O-Line, part of that is his nagging injuries. Perhaps he's just not a great scheme fit, considering that Edmonds looked explosive running behind that same O-Line.

One team that makes major sense - the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. They have the worst RB group in the league, and Bruce Arians was the coach in Arizona that drafted Johnson and was around during his historic 2016 season.

As a Johnson / Edmonds owner, one can only dream!! :lol: :lol:
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:56 am

Packerland wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:12 am The title of this thread should be called the Joe Mixon thread
Hey now, I called dibs on "the Corey Davis thread" weeks ago! :wink:
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:06 am

Prison_Mike wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:48 am Do y'all think Mixon's situation is likely to improve (significantly) by next year?

As a huge Mixon truther ... unfortunately, no.

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:07 am

I do. Remember, they drafted an OL at #11 this year, and he promptly got hurt and went on IR. Next year they will likely draft another OL or QB early, which only will help him.

I could go either way on that trade... but I'd suggest you counter with having them add a 1st and you send back a 2nd. They are relatively even in my opinion (Mixon has better talent IMO but Conner may be in a better spot).
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.11, 2.01, 2.02, 2.06,
2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.08, 1.09, 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.06
2025: 1 1st, 1 2nd

Dibbles
MVP
MVP

Postby Dibbles » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:48 am

Snap accept for me, Mixon talent >>> Connor talent, and I don't think PIT's near to mid-term outlook is all that great compared to CIN to be honest. Ben's future is a big ?, lost Munchak, lost AB, lost Bell, Mason is a big ?, JuJu hasn't proven he's an alpha without help around him, etc. Gotta take the talent here and hope the situation plays itself out. At a minimum, you'll be able to flip Mixon for more than Connor when he strings together a few Mixon-like games.

Dibbles
MVP
MVP

Postby Dibbles » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:21 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:34 am I think it's worth considering that Aaron Jones just isn't that good.
Don't mean to hijack this thread, but I'm surprised there hasn't been more talk about Aaron Jones on the site of late, this was one of the most recent threads I could find referencing him. Every time he touches the ball, he looks special to me and his receiving chops are excellent, he's catching everything from dump offs to 30-yard bombs on the dead sprint into tight windows. I've seen 5-6 long routes this year where both his route running and RAC have blown me away. Also seems to have a near-perfect situation with J Williams as a spell back, keeping Jones somewhat fresh and no real risk of losing the lead role barring injury (the eye test between the two is light years apart IMO). I'm fine with an occasional vulture TD by Williams if it means Jones stays healthy and produces at a higher rate when on the field. I'd be interested in (1) why Giles thinks he's not that good, and (2) why there aren't more forum followers that believe in this guy?
Last edited by Dibbles on Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:30 pm

Dibbles wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:21 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:34 am I think it's worth considering that Aaron Jones just isn't that good.
Don't mean to hijack this thread, but I'm surprised there hasn't been more talk about Aaron Jones on the site of late, this was one of the most recent threads I could find referencing him. Every time he touches the ball, he looks special to me and his receiving chops are excellent, he's catching everything from dump offs to 30-yard bombs on the dead sprint into tight windows. I've seen 5-6 long routes this year where both his route running and RAC have blown me away. Also seems to have a near-perfect situation with J Williams as a spell back, keeping Jones somewhat fresh and no real risk of losing the lead role barring injury (the eye test between the two is lighting years apart IMO). I'm fine with an occasional vulture TD by Williams if it means Jones stays healthy and produces at a higher rate when on the field. I'd be interested in (1) why Giles thinks he's not that good, and (2) why there aren't more forum followers that believe in this guy?
I own and love Jones, and this is from a guy who drafted Williams in their rookie year and was a Williams truther. Jones is just flat out a better player but in no way do I want Williams gone, like you said he spells Jones and I think that's for the best.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:01 am

DLF3000 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:56 am
Packerland wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:12 am The title of this thread should be called the Joe Mixon thread
Hey now, I called dibs on "the Corey Davis thread" weeks ago! :wink:
On odd weeks it can be the Corey Mixon thread and on even weeks the Joe Davis thread. 8-)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:26 pm

I'll throw out Rex Burkhead as an option. Three down ability but stuck in NE's backfield. Only other concern is the injury history.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:29 pm

To answer the question, Corey Davis, Allen Robinson, Kenyan Drake, Diggs, and Thielen come to mind.
Ouch, and confirmed. You win some, you lose some. :lol:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:33 pm

Dibbles wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:48 am

Snap accept for me, Mixon talent >>> Connor talent, and I don't think PIT's near to mid-term outlook is all that great compared to CIN to be honest. Ben's future is a big ?, lost Munchak, lost AB, lost Bell, Mason is a big ?, JuJu hasn't proven he's an alpha without help around him, etc. Gotta take the talent here and hope the situation plays itself out. At a minimum, you'll be able to flip Mixon for more than Connor when he strings together a few Mixon-like games.
Well, Conner just decimated the Dolphins, so I think his temporarily value has increased. Personally, I cannot stand the idea of trading for a RB for their "long term" upside. I don't feel Mixon is an elite talent, and his situation stinks. He's a buy for picks or prospects. Unproven players that you feel lack upside, but not a RB that is young, and producing. Conner should be worth more than Mixon at this point in the season, if you shop him around. You should be able to shop Conner to the right team for something more than Mixon. There are plenty of teams in contention that would love the numbers Conner has put up recently. People are in the heat of competition, thinking title. Conner is the better trade piece. If I were flipping Conner, and wasn't a contender, I would not be targeting Mixon.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:40 am

How do you guys feel about Kenyan Drake & Jordan Howard?

Howard is quietly putting together a pretty productive season (currently RB16 in PPR, on pace for over 1,000 yds & 10 TDs).
Drake just showed what he can do when not stuck in MIA. Could've been a fluke, we'll see - gets another tough matchup this week

Both are Free Agents after this season, but I think most would agree they'll likely be elsewhere next year. Neither is likely to be a team's feature back, but I think they've proven their worth as part of a committee?

Would you buy these players?

djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Postby djeternal2 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:50 am

Prison_Mike wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:40 am How do you guys feel about Kenyan Drake & Jordan Howard?

Howard is quietly putting together a pretty productive season (currently RB16 in PPR, on pace for over 1,000 yds & 10 TDs).
Drake just showed what he can do when not stuck in MIA. Could've been a fluke, we'll see - gets another tough matchup this week

Both are Free Agents after this season, but I think most would agree they'll likely be elsewhere next year. Neither is likely to be a team's feature back, but I think they've proven their worth as part of a committee?

Would you buy these players?
Actually with the way he's played I bet the Iggles resign Howard and I get to watch all the Sanders truthers heads explode. People forget he's only 25. Drake will prolly sign elsewhere as part of a committee. I just don't think he's that good.
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle