Re: David Montgomery

Postby bjd5211 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:50 pm

Nagy will go back to ignoring him soon.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:51 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:50 pm Nagy will go back to ignoring him soon.
That is pretty much what I am wondering. :lol:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:03 pm

Did he actually look good? Didn't get a chance to watch any of this game but i'm being careful not to just box score watch.

Last week Chase Edmonds went off but I heard a few experts claim he didn't actually look that good and that box score watches will jump all over that performance.

CubfanAA
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby CubfanAA » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:45 am

AussieMate wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:03 pm Did he actually look good? Didn't get a chance to watch any of this game but i'm being careful not to just box score watch.

Last week Chase Edmonds went off but I heard a few experts claim he didn't actually look that good and that box score watches will jump all over that performance.
He looked extremely good at not going down on the first hit and fighting for extra yards. He did not look very fast or explosive. Basically he looked exactly like what all the predraft analysis indicated he would.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:57 am

I think the balance in the offense he provided, and taking the pressure off of Trubisky will have Nagy ensuring Montgomery gets more carries going forward. I was surprised how few touches he had the first seven weeks.

I could be wrong though and they go back to ignoring him. It's a disappointing situation.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:34 pm

CubfanAA wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:45 am
AussieMate wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:03 pm Did he actually look good? Didn't get a chance to watch any of this game but i'm being careful not to just box score watch.

He looked extremely good at not going down on the first hit and fighting for extra yards. He did not look very fast or explosive. Basically he looked exactly like what all the predraft analysis indicated he would.
Cheers, I have since watched a bit and agree, he looks like the player people expected him to be. Now the Bears need to keep feeding him as he is definitely a volume rb rather than an explosive play guy like say Jones who you don't want to get 25 touches.

purplepride28
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby purplepride28 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:05 pm

The bears offense can barely and I mean barely sustain 1
Relevant fantasy player a week. They are bad. They need recievers in Chicago. The don scare the dbs. So
They just stack the box every play. That plus poor blocking and Montys lucky to have any yards. He’s constantly getting hit 2-3 yards behind the LOS as well. If they can get some sort of relevance from The pass game, then they won’t see that many in the box anymore and Monty will put together good games.

The play callings terrible though, the i form which was working for them for 3 quarters but must had been working a little to well, because he abandoned it to try and do his tricky plays so he can stroke his own ego. He would rather lose trying to make a trick play work then when playing the game of football.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:04 am

purplepride28 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:05 pm The bears offense can barely and I mean barely sustain 1
Relevant fantasy player a week. They are bad. They need recievers in Chicago. The don scare the dbs. So
They just stack the box every play. That plus poor blocking and Montys lucky to have any yards. He’s constantly getting hit 2-3 yards behind the LOS as well. If they can get some sort of relevance from The pass game, then they won’t see that many in the box anymore and Monty will put together good games.

The play callings terrible though, the i form which was working for them for 3 quarters but must had been working a little to well, because he abandoned it to try and do his tricky plays so he can stroke his own ego. He would rather lose trying to make a trick play work then when playing the game of football.
Receiver isn't their problem, it's the QB who doesn't scare DBS, Arob certainly worries dbs

purplepride28
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby purplepride28 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:37 pm

AussieMate wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:04 am
purplepride28 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:05 pm The bears offense can barely and I mean barely sustain 1

Receiver isn't their problem, it's the QB who doesn't scare DBS, Arob certainly worries dbs
Robinson is the “scariest” of the bunch. But I would argue with the way Nagy runs his offense that nfl teams are more afraid of cpatt or Taylor Gabriel in the screen short pass misdirection.(still not that scared) Because if that works it starts opening up recievers downfield. Teams watched tape in the offseason figured that out and take that away first, letting trubisky make the decisions on where the ball goes and that hasn’t worked out to well for the bears.

Robinson is good but he’s not a reciever you have to gameplan for. Don’t need to double cover him to slow down production etc.
last year everyone though let the bears offense was very productive and trubisky was being called the next Jim McMahon, and Robinson had 94 targets turn into 55/754/4 58ypg 13 games.
He’s had one great season in Jacksonville because he had 151 targets. The next year he had the same exact amount of targets and had half Of the production. In 6 years he’s only had 2 seasons over 800 yards.
If I was a defensive coordinator I wouldn’t be losing any sleep at all facing Robinson as that weeks #1 wr for the other team.

djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Postby djeternal2 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:19 pm

purplepride28 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:37 pm

Robinson is the “scariest” of the bunch. But I would argue with the way Nagy runs his offense that nfl teams are more afraid of cpatt or Taylor Gabriel in the screen short pass misdirection.(still not that scared) Because if that works it starts opening up recievers downfield. Teams watched tape in the offseason figured that out and take that away first, letting trubisky make the decisions on where the ball goes and that hasn’t worked out to well for the bears.

Robinson is good but he’s not a reciever you have to gameplan for. Don’t need to double cover him to slow down production etc.
last year everyone though let the bears offense was very productive and trubisky was being called the next Jim McMahon, and Robinson had 94 targets turn into 55/754/4 58ypg 13 games.
He’s had one great season in Jacksonville because he had 151 targets. The next year he had the same exact amount of targets and had half Of the production. In 6 years he’s only had 2 seasons over 800 yards.
If I was a defensive coordinator I wouldn’t be losing any sleep at all facing Robinson as that weeks #1 wr for the other team.
He was coming back from ACL last year and then hurt his groin iirc during the season. How about looking at this year's #s?

66 targets 46 catches 526 yds 3 TDs in 7 games.

He's on pace for 100 caches 1100 yds and 6 TDs catching balls from Trubs & Chase Daniel. I wish we could see ARob with a real QB. But yeah DCs are more worried about Gabriel & CPatt.
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:15 pm

purplepride28 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:37 pm

if I was looking at box scores, you know who I wouldn't be afraid of? the slow rookie rb averaging 3.7 a pop.

Why are people acting like Monty isn't getting a shot? he's been a workhorse outside of 2 games and his results have been near terrible in the majority of them.

tominansky
Role Player
Role Player

Postby tominansky » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:20 pm

Hard to gain any yards when nobody in front of you can hold a block. Like him long term, not a believer this season.
Team 1:
12 team, 0.5ppr, 28 roster, SF, 1pt for 1st downs
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/Flex/Flex/SF/D

QB: Lamar, Geno, Huntley, Flacco, DTR
RB: Walker, Aaron Jones, Ford, Patterson, Spiller
WR: Aiyuk, DK, Puka, Doubs, Dotson, Renfrow, D. Douglas
TE: Kincaid, Thomas

2024: 2.11, 3.07, 3.09, 4.07
2025: 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th
2026: 1st, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Team 2:
12 team, 0.5ppr, 23 roster, SF
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/Flex/Flex/SF

QB: Dak, Lawrence, Dobbs, AOC
RB: Ekeler, Walker, Kamara, Spears, Charbonnet, K. Miller, J. Wilson, bunch of backups
WR: AJ Brown, D. Smith, Aiyuk, JSN, Palmer, W. Robinson
TE: Kittle, Okonkwo

2024 1.11
2025 2x 3rd
2026 2x 1st, 2x 2nd, 2x 3rd

Factory of Sadness
Starter
Starter

Postby Factory of Sadness » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:01 am

Lots of people fighting very hard to see what they want to see with Montgomery. It's very hard to get a read on a back working with a bad line. I'm not sure how people on either side of this debate are so confident in what they are 'seeing' yet. I'm reluctant to say that he definitively looks to have less burst than Jacobs for instance, because I haven't seen Montgomery with a clear runway often enough to judge that. I don't think he is going to be the plodder some of you want him to be, but it's hard to call. I'm also not sure that his contact balance is going to win him battles, rather than just make him a tough tackle- again because he rarely has enough momentum to make a reasonable judgment.

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:41 pm

Factory of Sadness wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:01 am Lots of people fighting very hard to see what they want to see with Montgomery. It's very hard to get a read on a back working with a bad line. I'm not sure how people on either side of this debate are so confident in what they are 'seeing' yet. I'm reluctant to say that he definitively looks to have less burst than Jacobs for instance, because I haven't seen Montgomery with a clear runway often enough to judge that. I don't think he is going to be the plodder some of you want him to be, but it's hard to call. I'm also not sure that his contact balance is going to win him battles, rather than just make him a tough tackle- again because he rarely has enough momentum to make a reasonable judgment.
I think it is pretty clear and obvious he isn't some crazy dynamic back. All of his strengths and weaknesses are showing. He looks like a decent power back. For fantasy that simply means 1) is he attached to a good QB to get him rz work? 2) is he getting pass catching work? 3) does he have difference makers blocking for him?

I would say no to those 3 but it's not like he is terrible, he's an RB2 for at least the next 16-28 months so a solid flex on a good roster.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:00 am

https://clutchpoints.com/bears-matt-nag ... the-lions/

Looking like this could possibly be a big week for Montgomery owners - especially since the Bears have shed Mike Davis (who was getting little usage regardless - extra confirmation for Montgomery).
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..