Parris Campbell
5%

Total votes: 216

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Corey Davis vs the 2019 Rookie WRs

Postby DLF3000 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:42 am

jenkins.math wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:06 am That's still more than Corey Davis has show in 3 years. It is what it is.
Yep, it's ride or die or sell miserably low. Can't win 'em all. :?
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:58 am

djeternal2 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:16 am
bjd5211 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:30 am
djeternal2 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:10 am

I hate to say it but if he needs to be on high powered offense with an elite QB to shine then that's not an elite talent. That's Greg Jennings. A small school prospect that flourished with Aaron Rodgers and disappeared when he left GB.
I don't think he needs to go to a perfect situation, he just needs to get out of possibly the worst situation in the league. Wish he had been traded to SF.
I guess I see him more as Jennings than an elite talent and always have. Yes Mariota & the offense is not good but we've seen guys that have good to elite talent still produce in bad situations. Watkins in 2015 with Buffalo before he got hurt, ARob in Jax & again now in Chicago, heck even McLaurin in Wash this year. I'm sure ppl can think of others.
^ so, the exception to the rule.... C'mon... Tennessee is one of the top 3 worst places in the NFL to be if you are a wr looking for steady production. Judge C.Davis on this please..... To me it's akin to Cooper in Oakland and how sour people were on him, and now that he is in Dallas.... lots of people flip flopped. Put C.Davis on NEARLY ANY other team and lots of folks would be whistling a different tune. Context matters.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Postby djeternal2 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:07 am

JFever wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:58 am

I don't think he needs to go to a perfect situation, he just needs to get out of possibly the worst situation in the league. Wish he had been traded to SF.
I guess I see him more as Jennings than an elite talent and always have. Yes Mariota & the offense is not good but we've seen guys that have good to elite talent still produce in bad situations. Watkins in 2015 with Buffalo before he got hurt, ARob in Jax & again now in Chicago, heck even McLaurin in Wash this year. I'm sure ppl can think of others.
^ so, the exception to the rule.... C'mon... Tennessee is one of the top 3 worst places in the NFL to be if you are a wr looking for steady production. Judge C.Davis on this please..... To me it's akin to Cooper in Oakland and how sour people were on him, and now that he is in Dallas.... lots of people flip flopped. Put C.Davis on NEARLY ANY other team and lots of folks would be whistling a different tune. Context matters.
But Cooper produced in Oak too. 72 1070 6 in rookie year, 83 1153 5 in year 2. He had a down year in year 3 due to injuries to him & Carr. Want to amend your comparison? I get Davis truthers want so badly for their view of him to be right but at some point ya gotta pack it in and realize it was a wrong eval. It happens.
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:12 am

djeternal2 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:07 am

But Cooper produced in Oak too. 72 1070 6 in rookie year, 83 1153 5 in year 2. He had a down year in year 3 due to injuries to him & Carr. Want to amend your comparison? I get Davis truthers want so badly for their view of him to be right but at some point ya gotta pack it in and realize it was a wrong eval. It happens.
Yeah, the idea that Davis is being held back from stardom because of Tennessee doesn't fly. Sure, he could put up better numbers if he was the number 1 in KC, etc. Anyone could. He had, what 135 targets last year? He didn't do much with them. Of course QB play matters, but Davis is not an elite level talent. It' six of one, half a dozen of the other. The system/QB, and then Davis himself. He's not as good as everyone wants him to be. He can still be a good NFL WR, but he's not going to be a top 5 guy like he was selected to be.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:13 am

Cooper was a vastly superior prospect to Davis and already had 2 thousand yard seasons to start his career in a bad situation. Context indeed...

Nobody is arguing Davis wouldn't be better off elsewhere, but I think blaming the situation as the sole reason is a convenient excuse. The uncomfortable reality may be that he just isn't as good as those defending him like to say he is.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:18 am

djeternal2 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:07 am

He has been on one of the if not THE worst passing team in the League since the day he was drafted. Can you not take that into consideration? Wasn't their TE their leading receiver last year? 135 targets is a statistic that does not take quality of the pass into consideration at all. Do you not think that the offensive scheme and limited ability and health of their Qb play has any impact on targets, quality of targets? Priorities on that team seem to be running and defense. THAT has to be considered. I've seen the talent in Davis and I'm confident in that assessment. What I haven't seen with Davis is consistent involvement and opportunity. If you value situation over talent, I get what your saying. If you flip flop and say talent over situation when it suits your narrative - then, I'm going to say something. In this case, I'm not being stubborn, I'm saying that Davis - if on nearly any other squad would be significantly more productive - and thus - people wouldn't have the opinion that he isn't talented or that he was over-drafted. He simply was drafted into a deteriorating situation for his role (wr). Put Davis on the Rams and he is their #1. Put him on Buffalo and it's an improvement, in Jacksonville, he'd be the #1 and would likely be a low end wr1. Think about the situation in context as its not nearly as simple as - he isn't good.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:28 am

You're literally giving no blame to Davis whatever for his struggles, though. It's tough to get on board with that type of evaluation. I have a tough time thinking he'd beat out Chark in Jacksonville, BTW. He has some talent, no doubt. Personally, I don't think Davis is so talented that I want to wait until he moves on in a few years so I can actually put him in my starting lineup. 2 years from now I don't believe he's putting up numbers anywhere else that people are saying," see, you should have held for 5 years."
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

fruity pebbles
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby fruity pebbles » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:29 am

He’s gets quite a free ride vs a guy like D Parker.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:20 am

Parker is similar yet I don't believe he is quite the talent that Davis is. Both of them are in horrific wr situations and have been since drafted.

I don't recall a single poster on our site talking about Chark last year. Not ONE. Chark's improvement seemed to come after some other things happened in Jacksonville. Hmmm.... could it be that Bortles is no longer there. New offensive philosophy to a degree? People now (because Chark is involved and is producing - remind me again who the other target hogging wr's are again in Jacksonville? ) Man... the talent vs situation police should be called. Put Davis on Jacksonville and Chark is not getting those targets. Lots of bandwagon thinkers and hypocritical thought processes here on this topic it seems. I'm not at all saying that none of this is Davis's fault. To be clear, I'm simply saying that we as a fantasy community must to a degree, understand that his situation has clearly hampered his progression as a professional. Get him a new start in a new city with nearly any other qb throwing to him and I'm of the mind set that he would quickly become much more fantasy relevant. If you disagree, fine by me. But I feel my logic is sound in that it is not near as simple as - he was over drafted and he isn't that good. ON the contrary. I feel he is quite talented, but, on a squad that doesn't prioritize the position. In the end, its up to each owner as to if they want to wait or to cut bait. Each league is different and roster space can have an influence, I get it. For me, I do believe in his talent and I think better days are ahead. I could be wrong, and if so, I'll eat crow. Either way, I'm a buyer for the prices I've seen but, i'm not selling for a future 3rd. At worst, I'd consider a 2020 mid 2nd. Anything less than that and I'm holding and waiting where I can.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:49 am

This thread has run so many circles

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:51 am

fruity pebbles wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:29 am He’s gets quite a free ride vs a guy like D Parker.
Because Parker is bad at football, despite getting opportunities to not be. Davis is good at football and isn't getting opportunities to be.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:56 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:51 am
fruity pebbles wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:29 am He’s gets quite a free ride vs a guy like D Parker.
Because Parker is bad at football, despite getting opportunities to not be. Davis is good at football and isn't getting opportunities to be.
Ya, I think even Davis' detractors think he's a quality NFL WR, he's just not the high end #1 WR he was thought/hoped to be when he came into the league. Parker is not a good WR though.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:15 pm

JFever wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:20 am Parker is similar yet I don't believe he is quite the talent that Davis is. Both of them are in horrific wr situations and have been since drafted.

I don't recall a single poster on our site talking about Chark last year. Not ONE. Chark's improvement seemed to come after some other things happened in Jacksonville. Hmmm.... could it be that Bortles is no longer there. New offensive philosophy to a degree? People now (because Chark is involved and is producing - remind me again who the other target hogging wr's are again in Jacksonville? ) Man... the talent vs situation police should be called. Put Davis on Jacksonville and Chark is not getting those targets. Lots of bandwagon thinkers and hypocritical thought processes here on this topic it seems. I'm not at all saying that none of this is Davis's fault. To be clear, I'm simply saying that we as a fantasy community must to a degree, understand that his situation has clearly hampered his progression as a professional. Get him a new start in a new city with nearly any other qb throwing to him and I'm of the mind set that he would quickly become much more fantasy relevant. If you disagree, fine by me. But I feel my logic is sound in that it is not near as simple as - he was over drafted and he isn't that good. ON the contrary. I feel he is quite talented, but, on a squad that doesn't prioritize the position. In the end, its up to each owner as to if they want to wait or to cut bait. Each league is different and roster space can have an influence, I get it. For me, I do believe in his talent and I think better days are ahead. I could be wrong, and if so, I'll eat crow. Either way, I'm a buyer for the prices I've seen but, i'm not selling for a future 3rd. At worst, I'd consider a 2020 mid 2nd. Anything less than that and I'm holding and waiting where I can.
I don't disagree with this, but it can be said about a lot of players. I also didn't realize these were the prices being discussed. If I still had Davis, I'd hold him over a 2020 2nd. I definitely think he's talented enough that I would prefer him over that range of pick.

jomaed
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jomaed » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:34 pm

Could have had another good game last week. Had like 100 air yards. Tannehill missed him on 3 deep passes. Just keep staying patient.

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:25 pm

People are acting like Davis does NOTHING

Give him a 20% bump which can be had with adding most adequate QBs and hes a wr1
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted