Total votes: 216

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Re: Corey Davis vs the 2019 Rookie WRs

Postby Jfever » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:05 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:37 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:34 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:31 pm Davis is looking like a bust. I liked him coming out of college, but I've moved on, personally. I traded him. I just can't get on board with the fact he's this talented player being held back by everything around him. He will never live up to his draft status. He's not going to be a top WR. He may be a good WR2 or 3 on a team, but I just don't see the "talent". He has some talented attributes, but he's not a consistent football player, and has shown no indication any breakout will ever come. He is showing the opposite Regression in the offense and an offense no longer focusing on him. He had the target share last year, and he'll probably never get that again.
The talent is there, but it's being marginalized by an offense that simply has no plan for him. This isn't a DeVante Parker situation where the talent doesn't do anything right to begin with. Davis is doing the right things.
He's just not that good. It's pretty clear the Titans over drafted him. He's not a top 5 pick talent.
FF, statements like this ^ speak volumes. Insinuating he just isn't that good, is a drastic oversimplification of what is actually going on in Tennessee. Randy Moss wasn't very good in Oakland..... from his time there, using your in depth logic - one would undoubtedly come to the wise conclusion that HE just wasnt that good and Oakland should have never traded for him.... smh. Corey Davis' actual football talent is very very good. He does many things very well. His route running is good, his speed, strength, size, hands - all very good. From your statement, I'll assume you've watched very few Tennessee Titans games. The REAL problem is #1 offensive philosophy, #2 LACK of stable qb talent, level of play, health, stability, consistency, #3 defensive team philosophy.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:38 am

JFever wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:05 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:37 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:34 am

The talent is there, but it's being marginalized by an offense that simply has no plan for him. This isn't a DeVante Parker situation where the talent doesn't do anything right to begin with. Davis is doing the right things.
He's just not that good. It's pretty clear the Titans over drafted him. He's not a top 5 pick talent.
FF, statements like this ^ speak volumes. Insinuating he just isn't that good, is a drastic oversimplification of what is actually going on in Tennessee. Randy Moss wasn't very good in Oakland..... from his time there, using your in depth logic - one would undoubtedly come to the wise conclusion that HE just wasnt that good and Oakland should have never traded for him.... smh. Corey Davis' actual football talent is very very good. He does many things very well. His route running is good, his speed, strength, size, hands - all very good. From your statement, I'll assume you've watched very few Tennessee Titans games. The REAL problem is #1 offensive philosophy, #2 LACK of stable qb talent, level of play, health, stability, consistency, #3 defensive team philosophy.
I've watched enough Corey Davis to come to the conclusion that he isn't as good as his draft pedigree was. I think he was over drafted. I'm not saying he's terrible, but I am saying I don't think he's ever going to be a highly successful WR1 in the NFL.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:52 am

The only real thing that differentiates the Titans from circa 1940's football is they got rid of the leather helmets.

Davis has talent but this team fights like the French did at the Battle of Agincourt on Saint Crispin's day!
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Shankopotamus
Starter
Starter

Postby Shankopotamus » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:39 pm

Vcize wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:10 pm
steelman wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:12 pm
Vcize wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:26 pm Davis owners have wasted so many sell opportunities.
Sell for what though? For most of his rookie year I could have gotten a mid to high 1st for him, but why would anyone do that? Since then, he hasn't even been worth a 1st. What's the point of trading him for a 2nd or even less? Or a mediocre player? history has shown that talented players in bad situations usually end up in better situations eventually. I didn't expect it to take this long for him, but he's just worth so little that there's no point in selling. The odd big game does nothing for his trade value
People were buying this week on the notion that things were now different with Mariota firmly on the bench.

The problem is that Davis owners, who were desperate for a sell high moment prior to last week, bought into the same hype and were afraid they'd sell him right on the verge of him finally breaking out.

I'm not criticizing, I get it. I'm doing the same thing right now with Arob who I've been trying to sell for 2yrs but am scared to sell now that he's played well enough for people to pay a reasonable price for him. But the opportunity to sell was there last week after Tanny took over and Davis had a nice game and FOMO made people miss it yet again.

Every Davis owner spent the last 6 weeks thinking "I just hope he has a big game so I can sell him" but then when that big game happened they were scared to sell him because they thought this time, this big game, it might be his big breakout.
Pretty much this right here. I acquired him preseason of his rookie year in a trade along with Mike Williams and Kerryon.

I didn't even want him, and he was a throw in. But I keep seeing the talent. It's there, it really is. Who knows if he's ultimately Devante Parker or not though.
12 Team Super-Flex TEP Dynasty
22 CHAMP :dance:
(2019 & 2020 Runner-Up) :wall:

1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, Flex, SF, 2 TE

3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 1 Flex IDP

QB- Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota, Gardner Minshew, Sam Ehlinger
RB- D’Andre Swift, Nick Chubb, Javonte Williams, Cam Akers, Kyren Williams, Jerome Ford, D’Ernest Johnson, Darrell Henderson
WR- DK Metcalf, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Jameson Williams, Gabe Davis, Hollywood Brown, Josh Reynolds, Calvin Austin, Laviska Shenault, Kyle Phillips
TE-Mark Andrews, Greg Dulcich, Isaiah Likely, Donald Parham, Tyler Conklin
DL-Danielle Hunter, Nick Bosa, Deforest Buckner, Jonathon Allen
LB- Micah Parsons, Jack Sanborn, Logan Wilson, Cole Holcomb, Nakobe Dean, Brian Asamoah
DB-Jeremy Chinn, Jalen Pitre, Jalen Thompson, Kam Curl, Darrick Forrest
K-Tyler Bass

doublesticks
Role Player
Role Player

Postby doublesticks » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:44 pm

I don’t see him as a superstar, but I think if he were traded to KC tomorrow, a lot of guys dogging him would be eating crow.

The talent is there, the QB play obviously hasn’t been.

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:54 am

I always thought he was over drafted at 5 in the NFL draft and felt he profiled more as a good WR2 in the NFL rather than an alpha. Nothing has really changed that perception for me.

I can't ever remember a player getting as much burn, as many targets, and then be as irrelevant as often as Corey Davis has been throughout his short career ever amounting to anything special.

djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Postby djeternal2 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:10 am

doublesticks wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:44 pm I don’t see him as a superstar, but I think if he were traded to KC tomorrow, a lot of guys dogging him would be eating crow.

I hate to say it but if he needs to be on high powered offense with an elite QB to shine then that's not an elite talent. That's Greg Jennings. A small school prospect that flourished with Aaron Rodgers and disappeared when he left GB.
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:30 am

djeternal2 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:10 am
doublesticks wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:44 pm I don’t see him as a superstar, but I think if he were traded to KC tomorrow, a lot of guys dogging him would be eating crow.

I hate to say it but if he needs to be on high powered offense with an elite QB to shine then that's not an elite talent. That's Greg Jennings. A small school prospect that flourished with Aaron Rodgers and disappeared when he left GB.
I don't think he needs to go to a perfect situation, he just needs to get out of possibly the worst situation in the league. Wish he had been traded to SF.

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:53 am

bjd5211 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:30 am

I don't think he needs to go to a perfect situation, he just needs to get out of possibly the worst situation in the league. Wish he had been traded to SF.
Yea, I cant remember the last Titan WR I was confident in starting.
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Postby djeternal2 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:16 am

I guess I see him more as Jennings than an elite talent and always have. Yes Mariota & the offense is not good but we've seen guys that have good to elite talent still produce in bad situations. Watkins in 2015 with Buffalo before he got hurt, ARob in Jax & again now in Chicago, heck even McLaurin in Wash this year. I'm sure ppl can think of others.
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:42 am

djeternal2 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:16 am

I guess I see him more as Jennings than an elite talent and always have. Yes Mariota & the offense is not good but we've seen guys that have good to elite talent still produce in bad situations. Watkins in 2015 with Buffalo before he got hurt, ARob in Jax & again now in Chicago, heck even McLaurin in Wash this year. I'm sure ppl can think of others.
Preston Williams has almost identical numbers in one less game as an UDFA rookie on arguably the most obvious tank job the NFL has ever seen than Corey Davis.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:51 am

jenkins.math wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:42 am
Preston Williams has almost identical numbers in one less game as an UDFA rookie on arguably the most obvious tank job the NFL has ever seen than Corey Davis.
Preston has received 51 targets in 7 games, Davis has received 40 in 8.

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:54 am

bjd5211 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:51 am
Would you prefer to use AJ Brown then? AJ Brown has less targets (34 compared to 40) yet is statically superior in every category when compared to Corey Davis.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:04 am

jenkins.math wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:54 am
Would you prefer to use AJ Brown then? AJ Brown has less targets (34 compared to 40) yet is statically superior in every category when compared to Corey Davis.
Because he broke 2 short catches for 50 yard gains.

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:06 am

bjd5211 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:04 am
jenkins.math wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:54 am

Because he broke 2 short catches for 50 yard gains.
That's still more than Corey Davis has show in 3 years. It is what it is.