Darren Waller...is he the real deal?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Darren Waller...is he the real deal?

Postby MrUbuto » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:04 pm

I'm not sure what hes going g for hut this would be a sell high all day for me.

If I could get 2 1st or so.rthing like that sign me up
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:13 pm

MrUbuto wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:04 pm I'm not sure what hes going g for hut this would be a sell high all day for me.

Man I'm so tired of the tight end carousel. I don't even know if I'd ship him for 2 firsts. Just having someone I feel confident in starting every week has been a revelation.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:24 pm

notweswelker wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:13 pm
MrUbuto wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:04 pm I'm not sure what hes going g for hut this would be a sell high all day for me.

Man I'm so tired of the tight end carousel. I don't even know if I'd ship him for 2 firsts. Just having someone I feel confident in starting every week has been a revelation.
Which is exactly why it won't last.
lol

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:34 pm

notweswelker wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:13 pm Man I'm so tired of the tight end carousel. I don't even know if I'd ship him for 2 firsts. Just having someone I feel confident in starting every week has been a revelation.
The key to avoiding the TE carousel: efficiency. So many people get wrapped up in raw numbers (Evan Engram after his rookie year for instance) But there are a lot of TE's that can outscore their position group if they're thrust into a starring role in their respective offenses simply because most offenses do not showcase their TE. If your WR core is decimated by injuries, the targets have to go somewhere.. but that doesn't mean that a coach is going to funnel targets towards a TE just because they are the 7th most productive TE in the NFL--- NFL Coaches don't give a frig about where a player ranks at their position when divvying up targets- they care about production and the number of TE's that should be targeted over even mediocre receivers is slim.

So where does efficiency fit in? If your targets to your TE are more effective than those to your receivers... then the coach/QB are incentivised to get them involved in the passing game. This is what separates the Gary Barnidge one hit wonders from the Travis Kelce, George Kittles of the world; and if you simply followed the yards per route run metric it would've led you to George Kittle after his rookie year (who had a top 10 yards per route run as a rookie of all time), Hunter Henry, Mark Andrews, and OJ Howard in recent years (Who's production has been absolutely baffling given what his career been up to this point).

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:19 pm

Phaded wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:24 pm
notweswelker wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:13 pm

Which is exactly why it won't last.
lol
He looks good to me. I know that goes against your whole Raiders pessimism schtick but there it is.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:58 pm

This is a great deal for the Raiders. It's not 9 million a year. It's significantly less. It seems they've givin him a raise this year, and His cap hit is very manageable for the future years, especially since the cap is going up Also, there doesn't seem to be a lot of long term repercussions if Waller falls off a cliff.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/oakland-rai ... ler-16930/
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:03 pm

This makes me feel a lot better than the $9m that was initially reported.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:06 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:58 pm This is a great deal for the Raiders. It's not 9 million a year. It's significantly less. It seems they've givin him a raise this year, and His cap hit is very manageable for the future years, especially since the cap is going up Also, there doesn't seem to be a lot of long term repercussions if Waller falls off a cliff.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/oakland-rai ... ler-16930/
Appreciate that update. :thumbup: :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:10 am

IZigUZag wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:34 pm
notweswelker wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:13 pm Man I'm so tired of the tight end carousel. I don't even know if I'd ship him for 2 firsts. Just having someone I feel confident in starting every week has been a revelation.
The key to avoiding the TE carousel: efficiency. So many people get wrapped up in raw numbers (Evan Engram after his rookie year for instance) But there are a lot of TE's that can outscore their position group if they're thrust into a starring role in their respective offenses simply because most offenses do not showcase their TE. If your WR core is decimated by injuries, the targets have to go somewhere.. but that doesn't mean that a coach is going to funnel targets towards a TE just because they are the 7th most productive TE in the NFL--- NFL Coaches don't give a frig about where a player ranks at their position when divvying up targets- they care about production and the number of TE's that should be targeted over even mediocre receivers is slim.

So where does efficiency fit in? If your targets to your TE are more effective than those to your receivers... then the coach/QB are incentivised to get them involved in the passing game. This is what separates the Gary Barnidge one hit wonders from the Travis Kelce, George Kittles of the world; and if you simply followed the yards per route run metric it would've led you to George Kittle after his rookie year (who had a top 10 yards per route run as a rookie of all time), Hunter Henry, Mark Andrews, and OJ Howard in recent years (Who's production has been absolutely baffling given what his career been up to this point).
Great post. Who have been the TE leaders in YPRR this year? Also, how does Waller stack there at the moment?
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:31 pm

jman3134 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:10 am Who have been the TE leaders in YPRR this year? Also, how does Waller stack there at the moment?
According to playerprofiler:

#1 - Foster Moreau
#2 - Darren Waller
#3 - Mark Andrews
#4 - George Kittle
#5 - Will Dissly
#6 - Hunter Henry
#7 - Travis Kelce
#8 - Tyler Higbee
#9 - Austin Hooper
#10 - Eric Ebron

Other sites keep track of this stat as well, but I don't think it's easily accessible to the public.

I should also mention that the while the actual numbers reported varies from site to site because of different measuring methods; the rankings usually fall in line with one another.

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:59 pm

Phaded wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:03 pm This makes me feel a lot better than the $9m that was initially reported.
He's going to be bballin' in Oakland with Gruden for years to come.

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:59 pm

notweswelker wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:59 pm
Phaded wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:03 pm This makes me feel a lot better than the $9m that was initially reported.
He's going to be bballin' in Oakland with Gruden for years to come.
Well.. Las Vegas, but still

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:38 am

IZigUZag wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:31 pm
jman3134 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:10 am Who have been the TE leaders in YPRR this year? Also, how does Waller stack there at the moment?

#1 - Foster Moreau
#2 - Darren Waller
#3 - Mark Andrews
#4 - George Kittle
#5 - Will Dissly
#6 - Hunter Henry
#7 - Travis Kelce
#8 - Tyler Higbee
#9 - Austin Hooper
#10 - Eric Ebron

Other sites keep track of this stat as well, but I don't think it's easily accessible to the public.

I should also mention that the while the actual numbers reported varies from site to site because of different measuring methods; the rankings usually fall in line with one another.
Very surprised to not see Everett on there.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:38 pm

jman3134 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:38 am
IZigUZag wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:31 pm

#1 - Foster Moreau
#2 - Darren Waller
#3 - Mark Andrews
#4 - George Kittle
#5 - Will Dissly
#6 - Hunter Henry
#7 - Travis Kelce
#8 - Tyler Higbee
#9 - Austin Hooper
#10 - Eric Ebron

Very surprised to not see Everett on there.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:53 pm

Wonder if it's worth burning a roster spot to handcuff Waller with Foster?