Joe Mixon Thread: 4 Year extension in Cincy

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Re: The official Joe Mixon thread

Postby TheNuts » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:26 pm

Vcize wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:20 pm
TheNuts wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:12 pm Mixon also had a sprained ankle he dealt with off the bat. I'm wondering if I can buy a little low on him. I'm not willing to pay a lot since his ceiling is extremely low.
I wonder if that isn't being overlooked here. He hasn't looked as spry or agile this year even on the occasions where he has gotten the ball in space.

I think people overrate his receiving ability though. He has a career aDoT of 0.2 and has never caught a ball 10+ yards downfield in his entire NFL career. In college he caught a bunch of dumpoffs/screens and had all kinds of running room against overmatched competition. In the NFL he hasn't been able to do the same with those dumpoffs/screens, especially this year on the tender ankle.
I think he just isn't being used enough in the pass game. He never seems like he has issues catching. I think people are also overestimating Zac Taylor's ability. Pretty much because he was close to mcvay, he got a job. Just like Belichiks assistants. It's a waste because Mixon is one of the most talented backs in the league. He had a 5.0 ypc last year with that horrendous line and overall offense.
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:38 pm

TheNuts wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:12 pm Mixon also had a sprained ankle he dealt with off the bat. I'm wondering if I can buy a little low on him. I'm not willing to pay a lot since his ceiling is extremely low.
I wonder if that isn't being overlooked here. He hasn't looked as spry or agile this year even on the occasions where he has gotten the ball in space.

I think people overrate his receiving ability though. He has a career aDoT of 0.2 and has never caught a ball 10+ yards downfield in his entire NFL career. In college he caught a bunch of dumpoffs/screens and had all kinds of running room against overmatched competition. In the NFL he hasn't been able to do the same with those dumpoffs/screens, especially this year on the tender ankle.
If my memory serves me correctly I remember multiple 20+ yard highlight reel catches in college, looked like a receiver out there. You're statement that I bolded doesn't make sense to me. If his aDoT is really on .2 then his 9.6 yards per reception as a rookie and 6.9 as a sophomore are pretty impressive. I think its hard to argue Mixon isn't being completely misused in the receiving game. He needs to be getting 60-70 receptions a year.

If you don't like Mixon for fantasy production based on terrible situation, high ADP ect. I completely understand. I won't be agreeing with you however on the fact you don't think Mixon has top 10 talent in the NFL. It seems blatantly obvious to me when watching him play. We all see different things I guess.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:43 pm

Titans95 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:38 pm

If my memory serves me correctly I remember multiple 20+ yard highlight reel catches in college, looked like a receiver out there. You're statement that I bolded doesn't make sense to me. If his aDoT is really on .2 then his 9.6 yards per reception as a rookie and 6.9 as a sophomore are pretty impressive. I think its hard to argue Mixon isn't being completely misused in the receiving game. He needs to be getting 60-70 receptions a year.

If you don't like Mixon for fantasy production based on terrible situation, high ADP ect. I completely understand. I won't be agreeing with you however on the fact you don't think Mixon has top 10 talent in the NFL. It seems blatantly obvious to me when watching him play. We all see different things I guess.
It looks like the numbers I posted were actually from 2018, not his career. I got them here: https://dynastyleaguefootball.com/2019/ ... sty-value/

Airyards.com says Mixon has 5 targets with 10+ air yards for his career (1 catch).

You're right that he did have two really nice deep ball catches in college. However the majority of his good receiving yards in college came from his 11.5ypc on passes near the LoS against Big 12 (and worse) defenses.

He's not a bad receiver. He's just similar to guys like Zeke (who did get a ton work in the passing game last year to be fair) or Fournette where he's reliable enough as a receiver to not mess it up, but he's just not one of those guys like CMC or Barkley or Kamara where you're going to create a play to isolate him on a route or line him up in the slot or anything.

With Cincy's woeful O-line play he probably should be catching more dumpoffs. That's probably more on Dalton than Taylor though, and it's not like he's done anything with the ones he's gotten this year. He had a couple nice gains on screen passes but he's averaging a little over 2 yards per catch on the dumpoffs this year.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:11 pm

It's a good thing he can sign elsewhere when he's only 25.

At least he should be able to find his way to a better team, and health permitting, have a few good seasons on what hopefully will be a contender. I don't fault the player here, but rather the terrible organization he had the misfortune of being drafted into. It's hard to watch.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:25 am

There is no rb or qb in this the league that would be lighting it up this o line. It’s not Mixon fault and dalton isn’t great but serviceable. Won’t matter who they bring in if the o line isn’t improved
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:02 am

Where are people at on Mixon's value right now? I'm thinking of kicking the tires in both my leagues to see if the asking price has come down.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:06 am

Unless he gets traded he's no better than a high end RB2 from here on out. The Bengals are so far from being respectable that by time they turn it around Mixon will be on the downslope of his career.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:08 am

Got offered Mixon straight up for my Diggs. Just couldn't pull the trigger.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:18 am

bjd5211 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:06 am Unless he gets traded he's no better than a high end RB2 from here on out. The Bengals are so far from being respectable that by time they turn it around Mixon will be on the downslope of his career.
I'm thinking of trying to buy at ~RB15 price. He did well in a less than stellar situation last season.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

Hankybro21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hankybro21 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:24 am

hoos89 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:02 am Where are people at on Mixon's value right now? I'm thinking of kicking the tires in both my leagues to see if the asking price has come down.
I just saw him go for Robby anderson and an early 3rd. Crazy
Team 1
Q: Allen, Lamar
W: Devonta, Nuk, Godwin, Adams, Diontae, MT, Bateman, Toney, Osborn
R: JT, Henry, Ekeler, Gibbs, Mattison, Ford
T: Kelce

Team 2
Q: Allen, Mahomes, ARich
W: Jefferson, AJB, Tyreek, GW, Ridley, Godwin, MT, Downs, Toney
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, Breece, J. Cook, Kamara
T: Kelce, Hock
2024: 1.02, 1.04, Pick 21
2025: 1st (early)

Team 3
Q: Lamar, Herbert, Goff, Geno
W: Chase, AJB, Waddle, Pittman, Ridley, MT, Terrace Marshall, Downs
R: CMC, Ekeler, Bijan, Barkley, JT, Kamara, Tucker
T: Andrews, Granson
2024: 1.03, 3rd (late)

Team 4
Q: Mahomes, Allen, Geno
W: Tyreek, Lamb, Ridley, Pittman, Diontae, MT
R: CMC, Henry, JT, Chubb, Dobbins, Tucker
T: Kelce, Gesicki, Kittle

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:28 am

The title of this thread should be changed to "The official why do the Bengals hate me thread".

I recently bought Mixon and Diggs for MGordon, Watkins, C Samuel. Still hoping it comes together for him before playoffs. (fantasy playoffs, CIN sure as hell isn't talking about PLAYOFFS, they're just hoping they can win a game).
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:38 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:08 am Got offered Mixon straight up for my Diggs. Just couldn't pull the trigger.
I'd keep Diggs in that situation...
saw061600 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:28 am The title of this thread should be changed to "The official why do the Bengals hate me thread".

I recently bought Mixon and Diggs for MGordon, Watkins, C Samuel. Still hoping it comes together for him before playoffs. (fantasy playoffs, CIN sure as hell isn't talking about PLAYOFFS, they're just hoping they can win a game).
I'd do that trade also - Diggs is already showing, and Mixon is playing at least as well as MG (who may not be on the Chargers next year).

About to start kicking the tires on his price in my league (the one I don't already own him). As stated, next year is likely to be a very different situation in Cincy with 2 OL coming back.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.11, 2.01, 2.02, 2.06,
2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.08, 1.09, 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.06
2025: 1 1st, 1 2nd

chubnubbin
Starter
Starter

Postby chubnubbin » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:51 pm

Hankybro21 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:24 am
hoos89 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:02 am Where are people at on Mixon's value right now? I'm thinking of kicking the tires in both my leagues to see if the asking price has come down.
I just saw him go for Robby anderson and an early 3rd. Crazy
ew.

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:15 pm

saw061600 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:28 am The title of this thread should be changed to "The official why do the Bengals hate me thread".

I feel like at this point, they're hoping they can't and Miami can.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:39 pm

I was not expecting much of anything out of Joe Mixon with them playing in London against the Rams, so I was pretty pleased with his stat line today. :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..