Stafford SF

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Stafford SF

Postby Goddard » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:14 am

Red9Devil wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:40 am I'm not really sure why you're all hating on Haskins. Before this season Stafford looked almost done...another bad season and he would be out, plus he is 31. Great for yearly redraft leagues, but Haskins is considered SF royalty in almost every aspect from everything I've seen.
I'm just curious, but where are you seeing Haskins being treated as SF royalty? As for Stafford, 31 isn't old for a QB and he's continued to produce just about every year. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Stafford is still a starting QB in 5 years and Haskins is still either a backup or out of the league. Not saying that will happen, but I like the odds of Stafford producing more over the next few years.

JamboMac
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JamboMac » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:01 pm

Coming out of the draft Haskins was considered the QB2 behind Murray. I think he has all the tools to be a very good player, and in all the lists I've seen, he is still regarded as one of the better SF dynasty assets.

I made a trade for Stafford, and before I made it I was worried about his form and what it would mean if the Lions had another bad year, as he would have been a candidate for replacement. But don't get me wrong, Stafford is one of my favourite players in the league, and I put the form more on Patricia and the injuries they had last year. I really do hope he does play for many more years.

I may be wrong, but I usually get it right in the end, one way or another. I ended up with Goff, Coleman and Diggs for Stafford and JuJu in the end.
12 team - 1QB, PPR
QB- Mahomes, Geno, Dobbs
RB- Ekeler, Taylor, Z.White, B.Robinson, Mattison, Stevenson, Zeke
WR- Allen, Jefferson, Tyreek, AJ Brown, M.Thomas, Atwell
TE- McBride, Waller, J.Smith

12 team - SF, PPR, 0.25PPC, 1.5 TEP
QB - Allen, Lawrence, Jackson
RB - JT, Etienne, Hall, K.Williams, Gibbs, Dobbins
WR - Lamb, St Brown, Deebo, Olave, JSN, Meyers, Metchie
TE - Pitts, Engram, Otton, Mayer, Woods, Fant

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:06 pm

Red9Devil wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:50 am
FantasyFoosball wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:03 am
Red9Devil wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:46 am I'm 90% sure I can flip either Diggs or Coleman and end up with a younger QB as well, though. So I could essentially be trading Stafford for Coleman+Haskins/J.Allen - or slightly better QB with Diggs involved.. would you do it then?
This is easily Stafford. And Haskins and J. Allen are not in the same league. Haskins isn't even a starter yet. I doubt you are getting Allen.
You doubt I'm getting Allen for Diggs? The guy has 9 QBs, and 4 of them are sat on the bench. The others in a Taxi squad. I would take Haskins over Stafford all day in this situation.

It's worth pointing out I have someone else's 1st round pick, and it's looking like the 1.01/1.02 at this point. So I could easily have my pick of QBs from the draft if I really wanted to.

You'd rather have Dwayne Haskins than Matthew Stafford in a SF league?
I think you need to take a step back and rethink your evaluations.
Even if Stafford remains a QB2, he has been reliable, is a franchise QB and will deliver you another decade of that production.

I wouldn't be remotely interested in trading Stafford for Haskins in a SF.

JamboMac
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JamboMac » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:28 pm

notweswelker wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:06 pm
Red9Devil wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:50 am
FantasyFoosball wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:03 am

This is easily Stafford. And Haskins and J. Allen are not in the same league. Haskins isn't even a starter yet. I doubt you are getting Allen.
You doubt I'm getting Allen for Diggs? The guy has 9 QBs, and 4 of them are sat on the bench. The others in a Taxi squad. I would take Haskins over Stafford all day in this situation.

It's worth pointing out I have someone else's 1st round pick, and it's looking like the 1.01/1.02 at this point. So I could easily have my pick of QBs from the draft if I really wanted to.

You'd rather have Dwayne Haskins than Matthew Stafford in a SF league?
I think you need to take a step back and rethink your evaluations.
Even if Stafford remains a QB2, he has been reliable, is a franchise QB and will deliver you another decade of that production.

I wouldn't be remotely interested in trading Stafford for Haskins in a SF.
You honestly think Stafford will play another 10 years? 5-6 maybe. Compared to Haskins 15+? Haskins isn't exactly a bad player, is he? Or did I miss something? He was my favourite QB coming in to the draft, and if the Skins don't mess up, he could be their starter for a long time. Unfortunately, he ended up in that dumpster fire of a team.
12 team - 1QB, PPR
QB- Mahomes, Geno, Dobbs
RB- Ekeler, Taylor, Z.White, B.Robinson, Mattison, Stevenson, Zeke
WR- Allen, Jefferson, Tyreek, AJ Brown, M.Thomas, Atwell
TE- McBride, Waller, J.Smith

12 team - SF, PPR, 0.25PPC, 1.5 TEP
QB - Allen, Lawrence, Jackson
RB - JT, Etienne, Hall, K.Williams, Gibbs, Dobbins
WR - Lamb, St Brown, Deebo, Olave, JSN, Meyers, Metchie
TE - Pitts, Engram, Otton, Mayer, Woods, Fant

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:22 pm

Red9Devil wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:28 pm
You honestly think Stafford will play another 10 years? 5-6 maybe. Compared to Haskins 15+? Haskins isn't exactly a bad player, is he? Or did I miss something? He was my favourite QB coming in to the draft, and if the Skins don't mess up, he could be their starter for a long time. Unfortunately, he ended up in that dumpster fire of a team.
If I thought I was only getting 5 more years of Stafford I would still value that over Haskins.
As it sits I think a fair assumption is somewhere in the middle where Stafford will end up, between 6-10 more seasons.
Haskins can't beat out Case Keenum and barely passed Colt McCoy right now.
Haskins is also far from a sure thing, so you projecting 15+ is pretty much fantasy-land dreaming. Look around at how many QBs started 15+ seasons, it's a short effing list. You're talking almost exclusively about all time greats such as Brett Favre, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, Dan Marino, Phillip Rivers, Drew Brees. If you think Haskins is joining that group, cool, I certainly do not.

There's a ton of red flags here, the biggest of which is that the Washington Redskins are possibly the worst run franchise in the NFL.
There isn't even a guarantee their next coach will be sold on keeping Haskins. Rosen was just jettisoned after one season and he was an even higher draft pick and arguably a better prospect. If the new Skins head coach has the option to pick his own QB going forward and they have a top 2 pick come draft night, lookout baby.

Favrezilla
MVP
MVP

Postby Favrezilla » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:23 pm

Red9Devil wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:28 am
FantasyFoosball wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:24 am
Red9Devil wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:40 am I'm not really sure why you're all hating on Haskins. Before this season Stafford looked almost done...another bad season and he would be out, plus he is 31. Great for yearly redraft leagues, but Haskins is considered SF royalty in almost every aspect from everything I've seen.
Lol, this thread just keeps going downhill, fast. Good luck to you.
This thread won't really be relevant for another 2/3 years, but I'll be happy to revisit.
Please do. Can’t wait to hear about how you were wrong about Haskins

Definitely keeping Stafford with your QB situation, but if you can get the trade lined up for Allen then i guess it’s “ok”, but you just traded Stafford for Allen and Coleman. Which I’m wouldn’t do as a Stafford owner and I’m
High on allen
T.1 - 12 team Superflex- 1xQB - 2xRB - 3xWR - 1xTE - 1xSFlex (13th year) ‘21&’22 champ
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Stafford,
RB: Mixon, Henry, zeke, Rochon
WR: Godwin, Olave, Deebo,DJM, Dell, MW, Doubs
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Musgrave

T.2 - 12 team Superflex- 1xQB - 2xRB - 3xWR - 1xTE - 1xSFlex - 1xWRT Flex (10th year)
QB: Burrow, Baker,Jameis, jimmy, Wentz,
RB: Saquon, Mixon, Rochon, Evans
WR: Pickens, QJ, Thielen, Arob, Juju, ODB, D. Parker, Osborn,
TE: Kincaid, Ertz, Freirmuth, Taysom, JWoods

T.3 - 12 team Superflex- 1xQB - 2xRB - 3xWR - 1xTE - 1xSFlex - 1xWRT Flex (3rd year) ‘21&’22 champ
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Winston, Darnald
RB: JT, Javonte,Sanders, JCook, Jamaal
WR: Godwin, Waddle, ARSB, Pittman, MW, Jameson, Zay, Claypool, Toney, Terrance
TE: Hock, Fant, McBride