O.J. Howard Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
badbuddah
Captain
Captain

Re: OJ Howard Panic?

Postby badbuddah » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:21 pm

It's gotten to the point where I hope Arians has a heart attack or something and can't coach anymore because he has KILLED Howard's value and FREAKING kept him prisoner by refusing to trade him. In New England he immediately is a top 5 TE, but they won't release him from this hell, and for that I wish bad things upon Tampa and their ownership.
12 Team UNLIMITED Keeper / 23 Roster 1.0-PPR: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB/TE, 1 K, 1 DEF 2 IR - 11th Year

QB: L. Jackson, J. Browning
RB: Aaron Jones, D'Ernest Johnson, E. Mitchell, Dalvin Cook, Jamaal Williams, Alexander Mattison, K. Miller, P. Taylor
WR: R. Doubs, G. Pickens, Christian Kirk, Juju, D. Hopkins, D. Wicks, K. Boutte
TE: Z. Ertz, C. Okonkwo, Trey McBride, Tucker Kraft
K: T. Bass, J. Moody
DEF: San Francisco

JJRules
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JJRules » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:27 pm

badbuddah wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:21 pm It's gotten to the point where I hope Arians has a heart attack
that's fcked up man, even in jest
10-team Superflex, 0.5 PPR, 15-man rosters, pseudo-dynasty
Keep any number of players (0-15), lose same number of draft picks
2010, 2015, 2020 - 🏆, 2013 - 🥈

QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, SF, FLEX, D/ST

QB: Dak, Watson
RB: Swift, Robinson Jr, Singletary, Brown, Hubbard, Zeus, Herbert
WR: Wilson, Olave, Pickens, Aiyuk
TE: Pitts, LaPorta
D/ST:

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:28 pm

Maybe that's "coach speak" for we want more? Brate is signed long term, thinking(hoping) they would move him for the right offer. Still have a week to hope
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

badbuddah
Captain
Captain

Postby badbuddah » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:35 pm

JJRules wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:27 pm
badbuddah wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:21 pm It's gotten to the point where I hope Arians has a heart attack
that's fcked up man, even in jest
Ya was a dark joke. But seriously, if he is not blocking because he isn't happy in the offense, how is he helping your team? Seriously why would you not try to trade him for assets that CAN help you? It's fine if you run a stupid offense that thinks TE is worthless but at least recognize that and go cheap at the position and strengthen elsewhere. We can all agree Tampa needs a lot of parts.
12 Team UNLIMITED Keeper / 23 Roster 1.0-PPR: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB/TE, 1 K, 1 DEF 2 IR - 11th Year

QB: L. Jackson, J. Browning
RB: Aaron Jones, D'Ernest Johnson, E. Mitchell, Dalvin Cook, Jamaal Williams, Alexander Mattison, K. Miller, P. Taylor
WR: R. Doubs, G. Pickens, Christian Kirk, Juju, D. Hopkins, D. Wicks, K. Boutte
TE: Z. Ertz, C. Okonkwo, Trey McBride, Tucker Kraft
K: T. Bass, J. Moody
DEF: San Francisco

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:20 pm

Rumor of the Patriots asking about the availability of OJ Howard. That would be a nice boost to his value.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:24 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:20 pm Rumor of the Patriots asking about the availability of OJ Howard. That would be a nice boost to his value.
Yeah and Tampa foolishly said no. Unless the Pats sent a really low ball offer, I dont get why Tampa wouldnt ship him off since hes being completely wasted there.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:15 pm

Bot101 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:24 pm
Pac_Eddy wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:20 pm Rumor of the Patriots asking about the availability of OJ Howard. That would be a nice boost to his value.
Yeah and Tampa foolishly said no. Unless the Pats sent a really low ball offer, I dont get why Tampa wouldnt ship him off since hes being completely wasted there.
From a fantasy perspective yes. But from a blocking POV, he's actually helping to hold up an incredibly bad Offensive Line. That's the other shoe to this whole situation... that line is an abomination. OJH is a great blocker.

That's why he's staying home to face the rush whilst Brate leaks out for some crappy pass route.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:24 pm

Bot101 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:24 pm
Chicago gave up on Greg Olsen because he didn't fit the coach's scheme. Trading talents because of short term reasons like not being used well/fully is foolish, even if my fantasy team would love it.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:27 pm

badbuddah wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:21 pm It's gotten to the point where I hope Arians has a heart attack or something and can't coach anymore because he has KILLED Howard's value and FREAKING kept him prisoner by refusing to trade him. In New England he immediately is a top 5 TE, but they won't release him from this hell, and for that I wish bad things upon Tampa and their ownership.
The issue isn't Arians or his system. It's that Howard isn't playing well as a blocker or a receiver. He's completely regressed. I'm sure he's frustrated with his role, but frustration shouldn't make you perform this bad.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:49 pm

I don't hear anybody complaining about Bruce Arians if they have Godwin on their teams. OJ Howard is an inconsistent football player, and has never elevated from that. It was his problem at Alabama, and still is. The idea of his athleticism is tantalizing, but he's just not playing well. To put it all on the coach is ridiculous.

It doesn't mean he can never be good. I won a case of beer in my home league betting Greg Olsen would be a top 5 TE when he left the Bears. Perhaps a change of scene would do OJ some good. It certainly did Amari Cooper some good, and I love Coop. Have been a truther from the beginning, but as a Raiders fan, he was not playing well for my team. He went to Dallas and it was a catalyst for him changing his career arc. It wasn't ALL on the Raiders and Gruden. Amari was playing poorly, and very inconsistently.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:54 am

Anyone panicking needs to pour a big drink of milk. I think this is a perfect buy low for a guy that's got another decade left in this league, who has already flashed elite playmaking on absurdly limited snaps, and who now isn't being featured on the offense because that's not the system they run, and they're needing him more as a blocker.

My personal conspiracy theories? I think they've shut him down for this week because they're taking calls on him and are thinking about it seriously. My guess? Could even be something's rotten with the relationship with him and the team, and he's either throwing his effort, or has told them he's holding out this offseason (final year of rookie deal in 2020) OR my personal favourite - Tampa are trying to (/ or just plain are) depress his stats to black-ball him on contract negotiation, thus he's mad about his role and lack of receiving.

If he's moved on Tuesday... ohhh boy... I will be loving this thread. He's a smart buy right now for prudent owners.

gunfrees
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby gunfrees » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:04 pm

Well...
12 team dynasty | SF | 1 ppr

QBs: Lamar Jackson, Deshaun Watson, Kirk Cousins
WRs: Deebo, Godwin, Mbrown, JDowns
RBs: Chubb, Gibbs, Achane, K. Miller
TE: Okonkwo, Mayer

2024 1.03, 1.09
2025 early 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, early 2nd, 2nd
2026 early 1st, 1st, early 2nd
----------

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:07 pm

Time to buy from the owner that was holding out hope he would be moved at the deadline.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:19 pm

mild wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:54 am Anyone panicking needs to pour a big drink of milk. I think this is a perfect buy low for a guy that's got another decade left in this league, who has already flashed elite playmaking on absurdly limited snaps, and who now isn't being featured on the offense because that's not the system they run, and they're needing him more as a blocker.

My personal conspiracy theories? I think they've shut him down for this week because they're taking calls on him and are thinking about it seriously. My guess? Could even be something's rotten with the relationship with him and the team, and he's either throwing his effort, or has told them he's holding out this offseason (final year of rookie deal in 2020) OR my personal favourite - Tampa are trying to (/ or just plain are) depress his stats to black-ball him on contract negotiation, thus he's mad about his role and lack of receiving.

If he's moved on Tuesday... ohhh boy... I will be loving this thread. He's a smart buy right now for prudent owners.
Predicting a TE with 2 season ending surgeries in his first 2 years (and is missing time again, BTW) is a bit much. Predicting any NFL players career, even a QB lasting another ten years is a bit much.

Why is he a smart buy if people want top 5 TE prices? If your getting him super cheap, sure, but if people want those top 5 prices because people thought he was going to be the next big TE producer, he's certainly not a buy.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:23 pm

gunfrees wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:04 pmWell...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU0PijNCEwo