What future TE to target?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
badbuddah
Captain
Captain

What future TE to target?

Postby badbuddah » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:39 pm

With Ertz being on the downslope of his career, what tight end would you go after for future value? Engram is going to be untouchable unless I overpay since his owner recognizes him as the TE1 moving forward (Kelce is old), so do you people like Kittle (numbers about the same as Ertz) or Andrews? Buying Waller as the future? Curious to see where people would send their strongest offer if they could.

P.S. Forgot to mention Hunter Henry owner likely won't trade him or else I'd probably go after Henry after Engram.
12 Team UNLIMITED Keeper / 23 Roster 1.0-PPR: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB/TE, 1 K, 1 DEF 2 IR - 11th Year

QB: L. Jackson, J. Browning
RB: Aaron Jones, D'Ernest Johnson, E. Mitchell, Dalvin Cook, Jamaal Williams, Alexander Mattison, K. Miller, P. Taylor
WR: R. Doubs, G. Pickens, Christian Kirk, Juju, D. Hopkins, D. Wicks, K. Boutte
TE: Z. Ertz, C. Okonkwo, Trey McBride, Tucker Kraft
K: T. Bass, J. Moody
DEF: San Francisco

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Re: What future TE to target?

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:48 pm

Goedert, Hockenson, Fant, Irv Smith Jr, Njoku, OJ Howard, Hooper

Plenty of younger options out there that could be had rather cheap right now. The Iowa rookies could still be a bit pricey, or could be value buts right now depending on how patient their owners are.

badbuddah
Captain
Captain

Postby badbuddah » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:01 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:48 pm Goedert, Hockenson, Fant, Irv Smith Jr, Njoku, OJ Howard, Hooper

Plenty of younger options out there that could be had rather cheap right now. The Iowa rookies could still be a bit pricey, or could be value buts right now depending on how patient their owners are.
Some of those definitely long-term projects. I guess I should have said that are also win now. I likke some of those guys, but the only ones that are win now are Hooper and MAYBE Hockenson.
12 Team UNLIMITED Keeper / 23 Roster 1.0-PPR: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB/TE, 1 K, 1 DEF 2 IR - 11th Year

RB: Aaron Jones, D'Ernest Johnson, E. Mitchell, Dalvin Cook, Jamaal Williams, Alexander Mattison, K. Miller, P. Taylor

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:08 pm

Well you really aren't going to get guys that are both win now and long-term options without paying a ton. Hooper is really the only guy that can fit that mold and likely won't be really expensive, he's typically pretty under rated.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:09 pm

Njoku or Howard could be cheap right now. Hooper is a beast right now.

badbuddah
Captain
Captain

Postby badbuddah » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:31 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:09 pm Njoku or Howard could be cheap right now. Hooper is a beast right now.
I have Howard and he is worthless as long as he is on Tampa's roster. Hooper I wonder if he is a product of a bad offense, and if he holds value if Atlanta improves.

Btw I should have prefaced first post by saying I expect to trade Ertz+ for those guys I mentioned. Just not sure how much plus since my late 1st isn't moving the needle much.

Dibbles
MVP
MVP

Postby Dibbles » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:39 pm

I have Kittle >> Andrews > Waller. Cost probably closely resembles those values as well, so it really depends on how much you are willing to give up. I would easily give Ertz + something like Deebo or maybe a 2nd to land Kittle. You might even be able to flip Ertz straight up for Andrews which I would probably also do. With Waller, maybe you can give Ertz and get back a pick on top.

briank
All Pro
All Pro

Postby briank » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:40 pm

badbuddah wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:39 pm With Ertz being on the downslope of his career, what tight end would you go after for future value? Engram is going to be untouchable unless I overpay since his owner recognizes him as the TE1 moving forward (Kelce is old), so do you people like Kittle (numbers about the same as Ertz) or Andrews? Buying Waller as the future? Curious to see where people would send their strongest offer if they could.

P.S. Forgot to mention Hunter Henry owner likely won't trade him or else I'd probably go after Henry after Engram.
My advice is to not overreact to a couple down weeks. He's still the most targeted TE in the NFL this year and he's not that old. It looks like you already have a few young talented TE behind him too. Relax.
12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 9
QB Allen/Tubisky/Lock
RB Mixon/Harris/Etienne
WR DJ Moore
TE Kelce/Irv
2022 1.06/1.09
2023 3x 1st

12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 10
QB Mahomes/Watson/Ryan
RB CMC/Zeke/Mixon/Sanders
WR Evans/Godwin/Robinson/Golladay/Thielen/Lockett/Fuller
TE Kittle/Waller/L. Thomas

12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 10
QB Mahomes/Murray/Brady
RB CMC
WR Adams/Hill/Diggs/AJ Brown/Aiyuk/Woods/R. Moore
TE Kelce/Kittle/Njoku
2x 2023 1sts

12 tm PPR 1.5 for TE Superflex start 2 TE start 12
QB Herbert/Tua/Lawrence/Fields
RB Harris/Etienne
WR Jefferson/Deebo/Lamb/DSmith/Sutton/Juedy/Kirk/E. Moore/R. Moore
TE Kittle/Pitts/Waller/Fant/Njoku
2022 1.01/1.12/2.02

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:07 pm

I think people are overreacting to Ertz right now. He's not on a downslope. The entire offense is struggling and he's still an elite TE and still has several years of high end production. A lot of TEs with Ertz' skillset play well into their 30s and produce. You can still try to buy a young TE if you'd like, but most of the players that are being mentioned or worth buying are going to cost a lot.

badbuddah
Captain
Captain

Postby badbuddah » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:10 pm

Goddard wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:07 pm I think people are overreacting to Ertz right now. He's not on a downslope. The entire offense is struggling and he's still an elite TE and still has several years of high end production. A lot of TEs with Ertz' skillset play well into their 30s and produce. You can still try to buy a young TE if you'd like, but most of the players that are being mentioned or worth buying are going to cost a lot.
Ya I tend to agree with the cost aspect, none of the Andrews/Waller/Henry owners would move those guys for Ertz straight up, I'd certainly have to include a 1st or WR. Ertz+Deebo feels steep for Waller, even if Waller has been productive, so I don't think I want to take that offer. I could wait, but the issue is if those guys keep producing their value only increases...

AresGodOWar
Legend
Legend

Postby AresGodOWar » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:53 pm

Ian Thomas should be a top 5-7 TE after this year
(1) 12 Team, QB 1.5 PPRushingYard, TE 1.5 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, B.Mayfield, K.Murray
RB-A.Ekeler, S.Barkley, T.Pollard, D.Swift, Z.Moss, T.Chandler, J.Kelley
WR-D.Samuel, M.Pittman, M.Brown, J.Jeudy, J.Addison, R.Moore, S.Moore, KJ.Osborn, J.Tolbert
TE-M.Andrews, D.Waller

(2) 12 Team, 1 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, R.Wilson
RB-J.Mixon, A.Ekeler, I.Pacheco, A.Mattison, C.Akers, A.Gibson, I.Spiller
WR-T.Hill, M.Brown, C.Olave, DJ.Moore J.Jeudy, J.Hyatt
TE-D.Schultz, G.Everett, J.Ferguson

(3) 12 Team, .15 PPCarry, WR 1.25 PPR, TE 2 PPR
QB-L.Jackson, J.Dobbs, T.Lance
RB-J.Jacobs, S.Barkley, A.Mattison, M.Sanders, Z.White, T.Chandler
WR-C.Lamb, AJ.Brown, J.Jeudy, M.Pittman, J.Tolbert
TE-D.Waller, J.Smith, G.Everett

(4) 14 Team SF, .2 PPCarry, TE 1.65 PPR
QB-J.Allen, G.Smith, J.Dobbs
RB-C.McCaffery, J.Mixon, J.Jacobs, Jav.Williams, C.Hubbard, S.Perine, C.Evans
WR-C.Godwin, J.Addison, C.Samuel, D.Parker
TE-D.Schultz, J.Ferguson

Teams 5-8 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=36583
Teams 9-12 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=26151
Teams 13-16 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=42194
Team 17 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=31326

badbuddah
Captain
Captain

Postby badbuddah » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:38 pm

AresGodOWar wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:53 pm Ian Thomas should be a top 5-7 TE after this year
I made the tough decision to cut Thomas in the offseason to open a roster spot so I could have a 3rd round draft pick (otherwise I only had two roster spots, I.E. two draft picks). Wishing I hadn't done that, as my third round selection Drew Lock seems to be underwhelming.

Big Al
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Big Al » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:16 am

Sternberger. This should be Graham's last year in Green Bay.

badbuddah
Captain
Captain

Postby badbuddah » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:00 pm

Big Al wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:16 am Sternberger. This should be Graham's last year in Green Bay.
I overdrafted Sternberger in the second round of the rookie draft. I admit I was high on him but if he works out maybe the pick won't look so bad!

JamboMac
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JamboMac » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:11 pm

Jonnu Smith seems to be picking up a bit, and may be worth grabbing cheap right now. May take another year or two, but I think he will be a top TE eventually.
12 team - 1QB, PPR
QB- Mahomes, Geno, Dobbs
RB- Ekeler, Taylor, Z.White, B.Robinson, Mattison, Stevenson, Zeke
WR- Allen, Jefferson, Tyreek, AJ Brown, M.Thomas, Atwell
TE- McBride, Waller, J.Smith

12 team - SF, PPR, 0.25PPC, 1.5 TEP
QB - Allen, Lawrence, Jackson
RB - JT, Etienne, Hall, K.Williams, Gibbs, Dobbins
WR - Lamb, St Brown, AJ Brown, Aiyuk, JSN, Meyers
TE - Pitts, Engram, Freiermuth, Otton,