Trading For Saquon

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
davieglove34
Role Player
Role Player

Trading For Saquon

Postby davieglove34 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:53 pm

-I'm currently 5-1 (about to be 6-1), and in 1st place in my league (2nd highest scoring team).

-Given my position in the standings, I am thinking about going all-in and trading for a bonafide stud to put me over the top:
-either DeAndre Hopkins/Michael Thomas (same owner) or Saquon Barkley.

-I've spoken to the Barkley owner and we discussed possibly trading him my next 2 years of 1st and 2nd round picks and one of my starting running backs for Saquon

-A. Is this fair value for Barkley, and if not, what do you think I am realistically looking at giving up to acquire him?

-B. Does making a trade like this make sense or should I trust my team is strong enough as is?
2023 Champion
10-Team, .5-PPR, 1-QB

QB: Josh Allen / Geno Smith

RB: Austin Ekeler / Saquon Barkley / Joe Mixon / Kareem Hunt / Leonard Fournette / D’Onta Foreman / Joshua Kelley / Trayveon Williams

WR: Tyreek Hill / Justin Jefferson / Amari Cooper / Mike Evans / Jaxon Smith-Njigba / Odell Beckham Jr. / Demarcus Robinson / Darius Slayton

TE: George Kittle / Taysom Hill

D/ST: 49ers

K: Tyler Bass

IR: Kendrick Bourne

Taxi: Zamir White / Cedric Tillman / Sean Tucker

Draft Picks:
2024:
2025:
2026: 1st / 3rd / 3rd

AresGodOWar
Legend
Legend

Re: Trading For Saquon

Postby AresGodOWar » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:08 am

Honestly your RBs are good enough , I would try to either upgrade QB (I just don't like Allen) or TE , Your WR 3 is a tough call with Watkins that's always hurt and no Mahomes for 3+ weeks and Sanders that might be traded soon. Hopkins would be a nice add though if you can get him for a good price.
(1) 12 Team, QB 1.5 PPRushingYard, TE 1.5 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, B.Mayfield, K.Murray
RB-A.Ekeler, S.Barkley, T.Pollard, D.Swift, Z.Moss, T.Chandler, J.Kelley
WR-D.Samuel, M.Pittman, M.Brown, J.Jeudy, J.Addison, R.Moore, S.Moore, KJ.Osborn, J.Tolbert
TE-M.Andrews, D.Waller

(2) 12 Team, 1 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, R.Wilson
RB-J.Mixon, A.Ekeler, I.Pacheco, A.Mattison, C.Akers, A.Gibson, I.Spiller
WR-T.Hill, M.Brown, C.Olave, DJ.Moore J.Jeudy, J.Hyatt
TE-D.Schultz, G.Everett, J.Ferguson

(3) 12 Team, .15 PPCarry, WR 1.25 PPR, TE 2 PPR
QB-L.Jackson, J.Dobbs, T.Lance
RB-J.Jacobs, S.Barkley, A.Mattison, M.Sanders, Z.White, T.Chandler
WR-C.Lamb, AJ.Brown, J.Jeudy, M.Pittman, J.Tolbert
TE-D.Waller, J.Smith, G.Everett

(4) 14 Team SF, .2 PPCarry, TE 1.65 PPR
QB-J.Allen, G.Smith, J.Dobbs
RB-C.McCaffery, J.Mixon, J.Jacobs, Jav.Williams, C.Hubbard, S.Perine, C.Evans
WR-C.Godwin, J.Addison, C.Samuel, D.Parker
TE-D.Schultz, J.Ferguson

Teams 5-8 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=36583
Teams 9-12 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=26151
Teams 13-16 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=42194
Team 17 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=31326

davieglove34
Role Player
Role Player

Postby davieglove34 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:40 am

AresGodOWar wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:08 am Honestly your RBs are good enough , I would try to either upgrade QB (I just don't like Allen) or TE , Your WR 3 is a tough call with Watkins that's always hurt and no Mahomes for 3+ weeks and Sanders that might be traded soon. Hopkins would be a nice add though if you can get him for a good price.
Appreciate it. I elevated Terry McLaurin from my taxi squad for more WR depth, and praying Sanders gets moved to a New England or San Francisco where he could be more of a WR2, so hopefully my WRs should be a little deeper. I would ideally like to upgrade at QB (had Andrew Luck) or TE (had Gronk, then lost Dissly), but asking prices are extremely high for them and I just don't think it makes sense to pay the inflated price for a QB or TE. I'd like to upgrade at WR too, but I think the Saquon owner is more open to trading than the D-Hop/Thomas owner so just trying to figure out if it strengthening a strength at RB would work instead
2023 Champion
10-Team, .5-PPR, 1-QB

RB: Austin Ekeler / Saquon Barkley / Joe Mixon / Kareem Hunt / Leonard Fournette / D’Onta Foreman / Joshua Kelley / Trayveon Williams

WR: Tyreek Hill / Justin Jefferson / Amari Cooper / Mike Evans / Jaxon Smith-Njigba / Odell Beckham Jr. / Demarcus Robinson / Darius Slayton

Draft Picks:
2024:
2025:

AresGodOWar
Legend
Legend

Postby AresGodOWar » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:52 am

davieglove34 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:40 am
AresGodOWar wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:08 am Honestly your RBs are good enough , I would try to either upgrade QB (I just don't like Allen) or TE , Your WR 3 is a tough call with Watkins that's always hurt and no Mahomes for 3+ weeks and Sanders that might be traded soon. Hopkins would be a nice add though if you can get him for a good price.
Appreciate it. I elevated Terry McLaurin from my taxi squad for more WR depth, and praying Sanders gets moved to a New England or San Francisco where he could be more of a WR2, so hopefully my WRs should be a little deeper. I would ideally like to upgrade at QB (had Andrew Luck) or TE (had Gronk, then lost Dissly), but asking prices are extremely high for them and I just don't think it makes sense to pay the inflated price for a QB or TE. I'd like to upgrade at WR too, but I think the Saquon owner is more open to trading than the D-Hop/Thomas owner so just trying to figure out if it strengthening a strength at RB would work instead
I guess you're right I just noticed you can start 4 RBs , 2 WRs if you wanted so you dont need a WR , I guess if you can get Barkley you cant pass on him
WR-D.Samuel, M.Pittman, M.Brown, J.Jeudy, J.Addison, R.Moore, S.Moore, KJ.Osborn, J.Tolbert
TE-M.Andrews, D.Waller

(2) 12 Team, 1 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, R.Wilson

TE-D.Schultz, J.Ferguson

davieglove34
Role Player
Role Player

Postby davieglove34 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:57 am

AresGodOWar wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:52 am
I guess you're right I just noticed you can start 4 RBs , 2 WRs if you wanted so you dont need a WR , I guess if you can get Barkley you cant pass on him
What do you think his price-tag is? Just posted it to the forum to see what people think.
2023 Champion
10-Team, .5-PPR, 1-QB

Draft Picks:
2024:
2025:

AresGodOWar
Legend
Legend

Postby AresGodOWar » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:45 am

davieglove34 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:57 am
AresGodOWar wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:52 am

What do you think his price-tag is? Just posted it to the forum to see what people think.
I offered 2 early 1sts , 1 mid-late 1st , 2 early 2nds and was denied , Maybe you can get lucky and get him for 3 1sts
TE-M.Andrews, D.Waller

(2) 12 Team, 1 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, R.Wilson

TE-D.Schultz, J.Ferguson

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:54 am

If you think you can get Saquon for 2 late firsts and 2 late 2nds plus one of your RBs that is as cheap as I've ever seen for Barkley. So if the Barkley owner is considering that, you need to push hard to finish the deal.

As a Barkley owner, I would laugh at that offer and wouldnt even counter.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:47 am

That is a very cheap price and one I would easily do for Saquon, no chance I'm trading Saquon for that though. He's the #1 overall asset, even over CMC still.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:04 am

If you can get Barkley for that price, I would not hesitate to get him. Since the owner said one of your starting backs, I would start with Ingram + the picks and see where that gets you. That would be a great price!

Big Al
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Big Al » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:15 am

Gator Sens wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:04 am If you can get Barkley for that price, I would not hesitate to get him. Since the owner said one of your starting backs, I would start with Ingram + the picks and see where that gets you. That would be a great price!
Agreed, Ingram and the picks would be a great offer to start with.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:21 am

Two late 1sts and Ingram isn't going to get it done. I'd gladly pay the two 1sts and any one of Bell/Carson/Conner (in that order) if it gets accepted.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:31 am

Seriously, any of those RBs plus 2 1's over 2 years is already a huge steal for Barkley, don't get cute and lose the deal altogether because you're trying to nickel and dime him. Just offer him all 4 options and let him choose which one he wants, you win no matter what.

FantasyFoosball
Legend
Legend

Postby FantasyFoosball » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:49 am

That's cheap for Barkley, do it quick.
Team One:
10 Team Salary Cap League w/ IDP - Est. 2018
2018: Champions!
2019: Champions!!
2020: 2nd Place
2021: Loss in Semis
2022: Champions!!!
.5 PPR/$200 budget
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/TE, 1 K, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 3 DL/LB/DB

QB - Mahomes
RB - CMC, White, Sanders, Herbert, Foreman, McKinnon
WR - Diggs, Ridley, Godwin, KJ Osborn, Woods, Claypool, Campbell
TE - Kittle, Goedert, Gesicki
K - Bass
DL - Reddick, Jones, M. Sweat
LB - R. Smith, Wagner, Leonard, White, Perryman, Cashman
DB - Byard, Bell, Hobbs, Jenkins

2024: 3rd

Team Two:
DLF Advice Forum League
14 Team PPR SF/TE Premium (2PPR)
2020: 4th Place
2021: 2nd Place
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1SF, 2Flex
QB - Allen, Carr, Mayfield, Trask, Zappe
RB - Harris, Gibson, Herbert, K. Miller, C. Brown
WR - MT, G. Davis, Bourne, Skyy Moore, Reynolds, Shakir, A.T. Perry, C. Moore, Hinton
TE - Kittle, Andrews, Woods

2024: 1, 2, 3, 4