Penny will lead in touches in a committee
52%

Total votes: 94

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: So you're telling me there's a chance! Chris Carson Edition ***POLL***

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:53 am

The guy runs with purpose. Having another strong year. Penny is a COP back for the foreseeable future. Penny is explosive, but Carson is more decisive, gains yards after contact, and is more what the Hawks want in a runner. I think he's been good long enough to say it isn't a fluke, and he will be good until his style wears him down, whenever that is.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

metalmat
Starter
Starter

Postby metalmat » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:12 am

Rise from your grave!

Congrats to everyone that either drafted Carson late in a startup or traded for him, the dude is balling.
14 Tm ppr (rebuilding)
QB Wentz, Carr, MacJ
RB Mixon, Ty'son, Gaskin, McKinnon, Coleman, David Johnson, Freeman, Darrel Williams, J.Patrick, Ahmed, Dobbins, Hasty
WR Hopkins, T.Patrick, E.Moore
TE Jarwin, Ertz, Knox, Tremble
Picks: 22 (1,1,1,2,2,3) 23 (1,1,1,2,2,3)

12 Tm .5 ppr
QB Stafford, Hurts, MacJ, KMond
RB Zeke, Fournette, White, Mostert, Coleman, Pollard, Dallas, Perine, B.Scott, Nwangwu, Hawkins
WR Amari, Tyreek, KA, Chark, Renfrow, Agholor, Patterson
TE Fant, Knox, Doyle, Allie-Cox

12 Tm SF, TE+, ppr
QB Ryan, Winston, Mills, Minshew, Tua
RB Gordon, Carson, Harris, Hunt, Duke, D'Ernest, Dillon
WR Jefferson, Boyd, Ruggs, Davis, Parker, Hamler, Robby, Miller, E.Moore, Rodgers, Tre'Quan
TE Hooper, Conklin, Jarwin, Doyle, JuwanJ

14 Tm ppr
QB Stafford, Bridgewater, Fields
RB Hines, Harris, R.Jones, Murray, Freeman, J,Kelley, Hasty
WR Tyreek, C.Ridley, J.Chase, Aiyuk, Hardman, Renfrow, Campbell, Eskridge, Tre'quan
TE Kittle, Freiermuth, Kroft

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:21 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:27 am I think he is going to lose the job to penny next week but Pete will try to mind game us and won't say who the starter is so no way I'm starting anyone from the Hawks backfield. I think Carson has tossed his chance at a big contract in the gutter. He is cheap and plays well above his pay grade so he won't get cut, but I think he has lost his grasp on the lion's share of that backfield.
con·fir·ma·tion bi·as (noun)
the tendency to interpret new evidence as confirmation of one's existing beliefs or theories.

Lol @ how this aged over just a few weeks
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:34 pm

Man I was driving the hype train but he has been better than expected. At the start of this thread he was looked at as done and basically free, I was just saying he would force a committee role and get a decent 2nd contract. I keep saying this but if he had draft capital he would be coveted in the dynasty community. Also we have fallen so in love with the idea of screen plays and short routes out of the backfield being the most important thing a running back does it actually makes me sad.

He constantly fights for extra yards, he is decisive, he wears down defenses, he has been much better receiving than expected, and his athleticism is underrated. It's funny how loved he is by the coaching staff and how it seems like fans and media in general want him to fail so bad.

It actually saddens me because the era of football I grew up in, the 90's and early 2000's, this guy would have been looked at as a star.

End of the day I own him on all dynasty rosters and for CHEAP. If his run styles lead to injuries that's fine because his actual value has continued to outweigh any trade value. I wouldn't sell for a first and nobody is offering that or more. I see him continuing to be featured into a 2nd deal with the Seahawks if his body holds up.
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:36 pm

I 100% respect your belief in & stance on Chris Carson. Also I have 1 share in a re-draft league and he is helping to keep my team alive despite injuries & disappointments in other areas. :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:07 pm

_yeti wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:21 pm
nathanq42 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:27 am I think he is going to lose the job to penny next week but Pete will try to mind game us and won't say who the starter is so no way I'm starting anyone from the Hawks backfield. I think Carson has tossed his chance at a big contract in the gutter. He is cheap and plays well above his pay grade so he won't get cut, but I think he has lost his grasp on the lion's share of that backfield.
con·fir·ma·tion bi·as (noun)
the tendency to interpret new evidence as confirmation of one's existing beliefs or theories.

Lol @ how this aged over just a few weeks
Yeah he really put my foot down my throat... Too bad penny pulled his hammy just as Carson was opening the door for him with 3 fumbles lost in 3 games. I've actually really liked Carson, just thought that the fumbles would have put him in the dog house for longer, and penny would be able to capitalize on some opportunities. He truly fits in Seattle's offense much better than penny.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Nanananananana
Starter
Starter

Postby Nanananananana » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:45 pm

Tried so hard to sell Carson all offseason, then early in the season I was kicking myself for not shipping him + in a deal for Miles Sanders. Really impressed with the way he’s been running, very thankful he’s on the squad.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:03 am

ArrylT wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:36 pm I 100% respect your belief in & stance on Chris Carson. Also I have 1 share in a re-draft league and he is helping to keep my team alive despite injuries & disappointments in other areas. :)
While Carson did not have a great game from a fantasy perspective - he did enough to help my team win again this week. :)

I think for many owners it may be easier to warm up to a player if they are on your roster & doing well. Of course if the cost to get him is too expensive - then that can reinforce the 'well then I dont believe in him anyways' mindset. But even having a couple of shares, if my theory is correct, can help owners change their positions on players they once did not trust / believe in.

But of course this is one of the things DLF tries to support - avoid bias and do your best to remain open-minded regarding players.

Looks like after 7 weeks he will likely be (in typical ppr):

6th overall in Rushing Yards - 570
9th overall in Points - 117.90

Interestingly enough Carson actually falls a spot in STD format (10th). Probably because he is getting similar reception totals (so far) to a guy like Ezekiel Elliott or Philip Lindsey.

Its possible but not likely anyone from MNF can bump him from those positions because Michel would need 200+ rushing yards and/or 53 points while Bell (who has had a bye) would need 300+ yards &/or 35 points.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:23 pm

Bringing up this thread tonight, because I have been so impressed with the play and usage of Carson AND Penny. The Hawks could legit have a 1/2 punch that is the best in the league since Ingram/Kamara, heading into the homestretch and playoffs. They both look fantastic, and both have different strengths.

BlackOmega
All Pro
All Pro

Postby BlackOmega » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:02 pm

So Penny leading touches in a committee may yet come to pass! lol

ckrumm24
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby ckrumm24 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:04 pm

I had Carson up to week 12 and traded him but not because I really wanted to. It’s funny that no one even offered a 2nd rounder for him when I put him on the block in the offseason (I would have declined) and that worked out in my favor. I only needed to trade him because he was my one franchise tag and I need it for Kelce in the offseason. He was also relatively expensive and I have cap issues. I was able to get the 1.4 and Marvin Jones on a dirt cheap contract till 2022 so I’m happy and I’m sure the new owner is happy too.
12 team IDP Salary Cap w/ contracts 40 man roster + 20 taxi spots | 4 year max contract w/ Franchise(1)/Transition(2)/RFA Tags). Mostly mirrors real NFL.

Full Roster:
https://www59.myfantasyleague.com/2020/ ... =0008&O=07

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: So you're telling me there's a chance! Rashaad Penny Edition ***POLL***

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:35 pm

Updated Thread Title

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: So you're telling me there's a chance! Rashaad Penny Edition ***POLL***

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:46 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:35 pm Updated Thread Title
LOL

chopping mall
Role Player
Role Player

Postby chopping mall » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:02 am

the point of this thread was that first year, and yeah Carson backers were right, Carson owns that backfield.

But those who say that a 1st round drafted RB will eventually get work, from now on I'd expect a time share but if it's gonna be a timeshare give me the younger RB with a longer potential running time and the shared time work limiting the wear and tear on both.

But I also have a ton of RBs so he makes a great flex or back up RB to play for match ups or injuries.
Team: Hounds of Justice - Year 5
12 Team - 35 Man roster .5 PPR Dynasty IDP (1QB|2WR|2RB|1TE|2Flex|2DL|2LB|2DB|1Flex)
QB: D. Brees, D. Carr, A. Dalton
RB: S. Barkley, J. Mixon, C. Clement, F. Gore, J. Jackson, P. Perkins, G. Bernard
WR: K. Allen, A. Green, J. Edelman, B. Cooks, T. Quinn, J. Reynolds, M. Crabtree, J. Doctson
TE: D. Walker D. Waller, D. Goedert, J. Smith
DL: T. Flowers, J. Houston, C. Peters, E. Ansah
LB: D. Leonard, M. Jack, N. Vigil, J. Baker, P. Onwuasor, S. Hamilton
DB: J. Bates, K. Jackson,
taxi: R. Finley, D. Crockett, J. Ursua, D. Willis, J. Thornhill
2020 Picks: 3rd, 5th, 6th

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:42 pm

All I know is that while I have few regrets passing on acquiring him at the prices offered in trades recently - I do wish I had been more open to him years ago when I could have added him a lot cheaper. He has been a godsend for one of my re-draft teams & has helped one team I thought was dead at mid-season revitalize itself. Last week for example his 20 points (in that leagues ppr scoring format) ensured I finished 8-5 and grab a playoff spot. :)

Thanks again to yeti for having the willingness to stand his ground on this player. 8-)