Miami Running Backs

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
dmac37
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 280
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 6:48 pm

Re: Miami Running Backs

Postby dmac37 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:57 am

Once they realized he was producing back to the bench to protect their tanking moving forward.
12 Team PPR Scoring:
QB: Rodgers, Mayfield
RB: Hunt, Sanders, Devonta Freeman, A. Jones, Samuels, Armstead, B. Scott, J. Jackson
WR:OBJ, M. Thomas, K. Allen, Watkins, Ridley, Coutee, Isabella, S. Sims
TE: Hockenson, Herndon, I. Thomas,
PK:
DST: Ravens

12 Team Superflex PPR Scoring:
QB: Rodgers, Wentz, Foles, T. Taylor
RB: Hunt, Fournette, Guice, Penny, A. Jones, Damien Williams, Ronald Jones, Armstead
WR: OBJ, Ridley, Godwin, Jeffrey, John Brown, Sutton, Perriman, JJAW, Isabella
TE: Henry, Herndon , I. Thomas

jdacunha
Captain
Captain
Posts: 985
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 6:45 pm

Re: Miami Running Backs

Postby jdacunha » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:08 am

More Drake trade rumors today. Where would he end up that would be better long term than Miami? Not many spots.
21 Players Dynasty-10 teams, (Non-PPR, 4 pts per passing TD)
QB: Russell Wilson, Jared Goff, Mitchell Trubisky
RB: Chris Carson, K Drake, Jordan Howard, Tarik Cohen,Justin Jackson, CJ Prosise, Buddy Howell, Frank Gore, Mike Boone, Ty Johnson, Jerrick McKinnon (IR), Lamar Miller (IR)
WR: AJ Green,Odell Beckham, Brandin Cooks, Tyler Lockett, Paul Richardson, DeSean Jackson, Parris Campbell, Dionte Johnson, Phillip Dorsett, Demaryius Thomas, Josh Doctson
TE: Vance McDonald, Trey Burton

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain
Posts: 862
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:25 pm

Re: Miami Running Backs

Postby pvillebiker » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:16 pm

jdacunha wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:08 am
More Drake trade rumors today. Where would he end up that would be better long term than Miami? Not many spots.
...except maybe all of them?

User avatar
BlackOmega
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1396
Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 5:11 pm

Re: Miami Running Backs

Postby BlackOmega » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:19 pm

kmbryant09 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:56 am
Yeah, as a Walton owner it sure would be great if the Dolphins traded away Drake.

I still can't figure out the bizarre usage in last week's game for Walton - surprisingly got the start, then produced well with his early touches, then seemingly rode the bench in the 2nd half behind BOTH Ballage & Drake.

Guess nobody knows why.
The last thing Miami wants right now is a competent RB, If Walton looks too good he'll be sent to the bench so they can follow the "worst man up" philosophy as they strive for the first overall pick

User avatar
metalmat
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 497
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:44 pm

Re: Miami Running Backs

Postby metalmat » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:05 pm

BlackOmega wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:19 pm
kmbryant09 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:56 am
Yeah, as a Walton owner it sure would be great if the Dolphins traded away Drake.

I still can't figure out the bizarre usage in last week's game for Walton - surprisingly got the start, then produced well with his early touches, then seemingly rode the bench in the 2nd half behind BOTH Ballage & Drake.

Guess nobody knows why.
The last thing Miami wants right now is a competent RB, If Walton looks too good he'll be sent to the bench so they can follow the "worst man up" philosophy as they strive for the first overall pick
Then shouldn't they just be giving the starting job to Ballage?
14 Tm ppr Picks 3.8,3.12
QB Wentz, Carr, Minshew
RB Kamara, Mixon, DJ, Coleman, McKinnon, Scott
WR Hopkins, Julio, ARob, Fitz, J.Brown, Pettis, JJaw, Boykin, Meyers
TE Ertz, Knox, Jarwin

12 Tm .5 ppr Picks 2.11,3.11,4.11
QB Brees, Stafford, Rosen
RB Zeke, White, Mostert, Coleman, Jackson, McKissic, Scott, D.Washington, I.Smith, Ozigbo, R.Anderson
WR Amari, Tyreek, K.Allen, Chark, GTate, Stills, Renfrow, Patrick, Gage, ATate
TE Fant, Higbee, Hurst

12 Tm SF, TE+, ppr Picks 1.4,1.11,1.12,2.10,3.4,4.4
QB Ryan, Winston, Rudolph, Minshew
RB Gordon, Carson, Guice, Hunt, Duke, McKissic, I.Smith
WR Boyd, RobbyA, Parker, Davis, ZayJ, Wilson, Tre'Quan, Miller, Gage, Patrick
TE Hooper, Doyle, Burton, Jarwin, K.Smith, Higbee

14 Tm ppr Picks 1.14, 3.10, 3.14, 4.10
QB Stafford, Taysom, Rosen
RB Justice, Hines, Hilliard
WR Tyreek, C.Ridley, Hardman, A.Tate, Washington, Coutee, Tre'quan, Funchess, Renfrow, Moncrief
TE Kittle, Engram, Sternberger

User avatar
Prison_Mike
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1100
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:57 am

Re: Miami Running Backs

Postby Prison_Mike » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:03 am

jdacunha wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:08 am
More Drake trade rumors today. Where would he end up that would be better long term than Miami? Not many spots.
Agreed.
Is there even an ideal fit out there that would significantly increase his fantasy production?

The Titans are reportedly interested - I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure I hate it

User avatar
notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1432
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:07 pm

Re: Miami Running Backs

Postby notweswelker » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:38 pm

Cameron Giles wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:09 pm
notweswelker wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:20 pm
Situations can change quickly but I'm not buying any Fins rbs at the moment. I have only one share, a ballage share, and I'm just holding as I would be with either of the others. Holds.
Plus you have to consider that with so many picks and a wealth of cap space this offseason, most of the roster is expendable. Wouldn't be shocked if Miami offered Melvin Gordon a bunch of money.
Overpriced veteran rb who is leaving his prime, yeah he'll be great in Miami

User avatar
azthecrow
Captain
Captain
Posts: 867
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:05 am

Re: Miami Running Backs

Postby azthecrow » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:19 am

metalmat wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:05 pm
BlackOmega wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:19 pm
kmbryant09 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:56 am
Yeah, as a Walton owner it sure would be great if the Dolphins traded away Drake.

I still can't figure out the bizarre usage in last week's game for Walton - surprisingly got the start, then produced well with his early touches, then seemingly rode the bench in the 2nd half behind BOTH Ballage & Drake.

Guess nobody knows why.
The last thing Miami wants right now is a competent RB, If Walton looks too good he'll be sent to the bench so they can follow the "worst man up" philosophy as they strive for the first overall pick
And where does that put Gaskin?

Then shouldn't they just be giving the starting job to Ballage?

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3313
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:26 am

Re: Miami Running Backs

Postby kmbryant09 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:52 am

I don't have snap counts anywhere, but Walton dominated backfield touches on Sunday, with 14 carries / 66 yards against a stout Bills' defense.

I'm not going to suggest he's a phenomenal talent by any stretch of the imagination, but I thought he played very well - broke some tackles and showed some burst.

Would be great to see Drake moved before the deadline, I actually think Walton could return some RB #2 value over the 2nd half of the season. Extremely, extremely doubtful that he's the long-term solution, but his arrow is pointing up for 2019.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: K. Murray, B. Mayfield, K. Cousins, D. Lock
RB: M. Mack, P. Lindsay, D. Johnson, C. Edmonds, T. Pollard, B. Scott, G. Bernard, D. Thompson
WR: C. Godwin, O. Beckham Jr., K. Allen, A. Robinson, C. Kirk, Di. Johnson, Z. Pascal, J. Kumerow
TE: E. Engram, D. Waller, I. Smith Jr., J. Hollister

2020 Picks: 1.04 / 1.05 / 3.07 / 3.08 / 4.06
2021 Picks: (2x) 1, 3, 4

Big Al
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4047
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:47 pm

Re: Miami Running Backs

Postby Big Al » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:55 am

You still have to wonder why Miami doesn't give Gaskin a few token carries. What have they got to lose.
Faith: That which is believed on any subject, whether in science, politics, or religion
Theory: A doctrine, or scheme of things, which terminates in speculation or contemplation, without a view to practice; hypothesis; speculation.

ericanadian
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4960
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:13 pm

Re: Miami Running Backs

Postby ericanadian » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:02 pm

kmbryant09 wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:52 am
I don't have snap counts anywhere, but Walton dominated backfield touches on Sunday, with 14 carries / 66 yards against a stout Bills' defense.

I'm not going to suggest he's a phenomenal talent by any stretch of the imagination, but I thought he played very well - broke some tackles and showed some burst.

Would be great to see Drake moved before the deadline, I actually think Walton could return some RB #2 value over the 2nd half of the season. Extremely, extremely doubtful that he's the long-term solution, but his arrow is pointing up for 2019.
For the snap counts:

Walton - 52%
Drake - 41%
Ballage - 7%
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Tannehill, Mariota
RB - Gordon, Cook, Penny, Guice, Harris, Laird, Love
WR - Julio, C. Davis, AJ Brown, Samuel, Washington, Di. Johnson, Isabella
TE - Henry, Andrews
LB - Kuechly, R. Smith
DL - Hunter, Armstead, Quinn
DB - D. James, Baker, Edmunds
K - Just a stupid kicker

User avatar
azthecrow
Captain
Captain
Posts: 867
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:05 am

Re: Miami Running Backs

Postby azthecrow » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:31 pm

Big Al wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:55 am
You still have to wonder why Miami doesn't give Gaskin a few token carries. What have they got to lose.
I’m thinking the same. Is Gaskin being saved for next year or has he just not been good or ready to play?

User avatar
Forza_Azzurri
Captain
Captain
Posts: 783
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:52 am

Re: Miami Running Backs

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:12 pm

azthecrow wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:31 pm
Big Al wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:55 am
You still have to wonder why Miami doesn't give Gaskin a few token carries. What have they got to lose.
I’m thinking the same. Is Gaskin being saved for next year or has he just not been good or ready to play?
Yeah. I’m sure they saving a 7th round draft pick for next year ... :crazy: ... you can’t extrapolate anything from this year’s Miami team to future years. Can Preston Williams be a stud? Definitely. Will he be viable in a future Dolphin iteration? Impossible to tell. Gaskins is even less likely to be relevant. Bottom line, don’t hold any Dolphin expecting better future results.

16 Team PPR | QB (1) RB (2-4) WR (2-5) TE (1-2) K (1) | DT (1-2) DE (2-4) LB (2-5) CB (3-6) S (2-5)

|QB| J. Allen, D. Carr, D. Lock, E. Stick (taxi)
|RB| A. Kamara, J. Jacobs, J. Mixon, L. Murray, R. Anderson (IR)
|WR| C. Godwin, D.J. Moore, D.K. Metcalf, M. Gallup, , J. Ross, Da. Moore
|TE| J. Hollister, M. Gesicki, K. Rudolph, T. Eifert, I. Thomas, M. LaCosse, R. Gronkowski
|K| B. Maher
|DT| S. Richardson, Q. Williams, T. Bryan, T. Hill (taxi)
|DE| J. Clowney, Y. Ngakoue, J. Pierre-Paul, D. Barnett, T. Charlton, E. Ansah, A. Key (IR), J. Sweat (taxi)
|LB| L. Vander Esch, D. Trevathan, C. Holcomb, N. Gerry, M. Kendricks, S. Dion Hamilton, S. Ebukam, T.J. Edwards, M. Jefferson, V. Joseph (IR), R. Foster (IR), K. Beckwith (IR), D. Cole (IR), S. Eguavoen (taxi)
|CB| S. Gilmore, M. Peters, D. Trufant, G. Conley, B. Jones, G. Haley
|S| M. Fitzpatrick, T. Walker, X. Woods, E. Thomas, E. Murray
|2020 PICKS| #1.03, 1.07, 2.05, 3.02 & 6.15
|2021 PICKS| #1, #2, #3

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3313
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:26 am

Re: Miami Running Backs

Postby kmbryant09 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:21 am

::crosses fingers for a Kenyan Drake trade today::

Signed,
-New Mark Walton owner and apparent leader of his fan club
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: K. Murray, B. Mayfield, K. Cousins, D. Lock
RB: M. Mack, P. Lindsay, D. Johnson, C. Edmonds, T. Pollard, B. Scott, G. Bernard, D. Thompson
WR: C. Godwin, O. Beckham Jr., K. Allen, A. Robinson, C. Kirk, Di. Johnson, Z. Pascal, J. Kumerow
TE: E. Engram, D. Waller, I. Smith Jr., J. Hollister

2020 Picks: 1.04 / 1.05 / 3.07 / 3.08 / 4.06
2021 Picks: (2x) 1, 3, 4

TimeWillTell
Starter
Starter
Posts: 589
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 5:25 pm

Re: Miami Running Backs

Postby TimeWillTell » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:23 am

kmbryant09 wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:21 am
::crosses fingers for a Kenyan Drake trade today::

Signed,
-New Mark Walton owner and apparent leader of his fan club
Ditto. Picked him up off waivers 2 weeks ago. Hoping for good news, a good game and flip for a 2nd or 3rd
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Wentz, Darnold, Jones
RB: Barkley, Penny, Singletary
WR: Evans, DJM, AJB, Chark, Davis, P. Williams, Pettis, JJAWS
TE: Andrews, Hock, Herndon, J. Smith, Thomas
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
2020 Picks: 1.01,1.02,1.03,1.04, 1.08, 1.10, 1.12, 2.03, 2.04, 2.09, 2.12


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FantasyFreak, Google [Bot], ravn88 and 5 guests