Hunter Henry

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Re: Hunter Henry. What did we see?

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:14 am

notweswelker wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:39 pm
thebeast wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:59 pm Feels like a sell high moment to me.
It definitely could be. Love HH's talent but his injuries are worrisome. Hope he can stay on the field.
A couple years from now we could look back at today and say it was sell high. But with the current TE landscape, I'm more likely to hold or buy at a reasonable price on the chance that he's one of the better fantasy TEs.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:03 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:14 am
notweswelker wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:39 pm
thebeast wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:59 pm Feels like a sell high moment to me.
It definitely could be. Love HH's talent but his injuries are worrisome. Hope he can stay on the field.
A couple years from now we could look back at today and say it was sell high. But with the current TE landscape, I'm more likely to hold or buy at a reasonable price on the chance that he's one of the better fantasy TEs.
I mean, I'm not selling. Just acknowledging the possibility.

Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Ryantacular » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:33 pm

As long as he doesn't turn into the next Eifert.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:26 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:51 pm
Phaded wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:44 pm I found It interesting that through 44 attempts, KA only got 6 targets. The Chargers weren't running the ball and were also abusing a weak/inexperienced linebacker core.

He looked good, but I would expect this performance to be closer to anamoly than norm.
I read that PIT likes to focus on stopping the slot WRs, so KA got extra attention last night.
In that game, yeah - normally they're absolute garbage against shifty slot guys.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:26 pm

Ryantacular wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:33 pm As long as he doesn't turn into the next Eifert.
Shhhhh

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:38 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:26 pm
Ryantacular wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:33 pm As long as he doesn't turn into the next Eifert.
Shhhhh
That is the obvious fear with Henry. The talent & opportunity are there. I keep mining for solid TE depth where I have him.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Slackalacker
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Slackalacker » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:55 pm

Shhhhh
The fear is there. I’d love Henry as my backup TE but I’d be afraid if he was my only choice. I personally try to stay away from regularly injured players and Henry is one of those guys. Obviously he is a great talent and Injuries can’t be predicted but there’s nothing worse than relying on a guy who has a history only to have it derail your season.

Then again if you’re relying on Henry you’re probably not going to be in that position.
TEAM 1 - 10 team SF 1PPR | 2017 & 2019 League Champ
1QB/1SF/2RB/2WR/1TE/2FLEX
QB: Dak - Hurts - DangeRuss - Tua - Z Wilson - Mills
RB: Barkley - Zeke - Sanders - Pollard - Patterson - D’Ernest - Jermar - Evans - Jones
WR: Hill - JJeff - Higgins - Hollywood - MThom(IR) - Godwin(IR) - E Moore - Marshall Jr - Calloway - Palmer - D Brown
TE: Hock - Moreau

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:47 pm

Slackalacker wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:55 pm
Shhhhh
The fear is there. I’d love Henry as my backup TE but I’d be afraid if he was my only choice. I personally try to stay away from regularly injured players and Henry is one of those guys. Obviously he is a great talent and Injuries can’t be predicted but there’s nothing worse than relying on a guy who has a history only to have it derail your season.

Then again if you’re relying on Henry you’re probably not going to be in that position.
I dont think it's fair at all. Henry has zero I jury history outside these last 2 freak ones. The knee one was not really that bad. Just the timing was god awful right before the season. His rehab was entirely during the season. This last one was also super flukey

Eifert had some pretty catastrophic knee and issues on top of existing injuries also I believe there was some neck problems which are very scary.

Henry's injuries are really best case barring no injuries of course. They just delivered maximum blow to fantasy owners because of them they happened.
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:55 pm

Eifert has had chronic and repeating injuries, he keeps having back issues and has had repeated knee injuries. Henry had a concussion, ruptured an internal organ, took a bad step and tore his ACL, and suffered a broken bone in his leg. If Henry were having constant issues with the same type of injury I would absolutely be concerned, but he's missed time with 4 completely unrelated and fluky injuries.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:43 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:55 pm Eifert has had chronic and repeating injuries, he keeps having back issues and has had repeated knee injuries. Henry had a concussion, ruptured an internal organ, took a bad step and tore his ACL, and suffered a broken bone in his leg. If Henry were having constant issues with the same type of injury I would absolutely be concerned, but he's missed time with 4 completely unrelated and fluky injuries.
At a certain point, you have to start saying some people are just more prone to getting hurt playing this game than others. Football injuries happen. What makes his injuries more ""fluky" injuries than other players? He may not be like Eifert, but he has been injury prone for his NFL career. I liked HH a ton coming out of college, and still think he's a good player, but the injuries are piling up, and it take an effect on the guys body. I hope he still has a lengthy career, but I do have my doubts.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:06 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:43 pm
bjd5211 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:55 pm Eifert has had chronic and repeating injuries, he keeps having back issues and has had repeated knee injuries. Henry had a concussion, ruptured an internal organ, took a bad step and tore his ACL, and suffered a broken bone in his leg. If Henry were having constant issues with the same type of injury I would absolutely be concerned, but he's missed time with 4 completely unrelated and fluky injuries.
At a certain point, you have to start saying some people are just more prone to getting hurt playing this game than others. Football injuries happen. What makes his injuries more ""fluky" injuries than other players? He may not be like Eifert, but he has been injury prone for his NFL career. I liked HH a ton coming out of college, and still think he's a good player, but the injuries are piling up, and it take an effect on the guys body. I hope he still has a lengthy career, but I do have my doubts.
The concussion and recent knee injury aren't, they're just something that happens in this game you're right. A lacerated kidney and tearing your ACL on a non-contact play when you have no previous history of issues with the knee are almost entirely bad luck though.

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:26 pm

I saw what I've been waiting for. Absolutely not trading him.

I agree with those that think his injuries are more bad luck than anything.
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:57 am

hes no will dissly but hes pretty good.

im joking but people are a lil too hype hes a good player but many te will have similar production. i just cant see enough consistent volume for him but he could be a great TD guy with not tons of yards. KA Williams and great pass catching backs put a damper on any expectations of consistent production for me from HH. likely a 5-7 target guy and if he scores that day you are happy. 100 yard games will be very rare though and dont forget the Steelers are terrible vs TE and always have been. If you dont believe me go look at the steelers games vs gronk lol. dude had multiple multi td games vs them throughout his career. And speaking of dissly he scored 2 TD vs steelers himself this season haha. Kittle was leading reciever in the 9ers game. Andrews they actually contained but lamar played terrible that day. Point is that HH return came against a horribly soft TE defense so lets wait and see
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:17 am

Well the offers have started coming in. Was offered Devin Bush and a 2021 1st in my IDP league. For those not familiar Bush is LB1 right now. I have a standard rule i don't trade offense for defense so as much as i like Bush I'm passing. I have Kelce so Henry serves as my backup and flex player right now which is a perfect scenario while we find out if Henry can put together a breakout season

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:35 am

Gotta be happy with "what we're did-gum seeing" from old Hunter Henry today. Sure looks like a TE on the rise.

Even in an offense resembling a garbage ball burning in an abandoned ghetto skip, he's still getting looked at by Rivers - 8 targets today, 9 targets last week. I'm optimistic!